OhSoEnthusiastic

Splash Splash LOVE
Jul 4, 2016
This is everything I want in a romance and so much more. Kim Seul Gi is my favorite. The male lead ain't bad either. The romance was make you giddy and flushed perfection. The way they used history to tell the story was genius. It splash splashed it's way into my heart forever.
Wool 100%
May 22, 2016
There's really no way to describe this movie. It's odd and unusual, and you don't really know what the point of it all is, and the ending will definitely leaving you scratching your head. But it's also sweet and quirky and kind of captures your heart.

At least it did mine.

It's not a movie for everyone, but I do think it's worth watching at least once.

If only so you can read more explain the ending to me, cause I still don't get it.
Shopping King Louis
Feb 19, 2017
The romance is bubblegum sweet, the story is gentle and heartwarming, the twists smart and unexpected. The characters make you smile and laugh and cry and smile some more.

Even the music left an impression on me, and that rarely happens!

It's basically like one big, exhilarating, endorphin releasing shopping trip, but without any regret. Everything you bought is exactly what you wanted for exactly the right price.

This is going in read more my list of favorite drama's, Pronto!
A Time of Love
Feb 1, 2017
CAVEAT: This review is only for episode 4, because it is the only episode I watched, and I don't plan on watching the others as they don't interest me at all.

EPISODE 4 WAS EVERYTHING!!!! I now want this to be a full length drama with the same cast and crazy costumes and adorableness and lightheartedness and the unexpected emotional moments that separated it from being purely a 'fat girl' story to read more a 'beautiful inside and out but mistreated and misunderstood because of her looks girl' story.

This is in my top ten of favorite dramas, and it's only one episode.
Sweet 20
Jan 22, 2017
This web drama is like cotton candy. There is conflict and misunderstandings and a real uncertainty about who she's going to end up with at the end, but it's all so easy and pleasant to watch. The makeup tutorials are also a really nice touch. Obviously, they are the whole purpose of the drama, but they don't feel weird or out of place or even all that much like product placement. They're read more nice and simple and suitable for a wide variety of people. You don't even really need to use Innisfree makeup to do them, even though that's the only brand used. You can very easily recreate these looks with any other makeup brand out there.
Rich Man, Poor Woman
Jul 30, 2016
I'm having a hard time writing up a review for this drama. I certainly did not hate it. It has much to commend itself. But the romance was so incredibly slow, and I found that to be a very draining viewing experience. I wanted them together so bad, and the writers were just like 'Yeah. Maybe later.'

Of course, some drama lovers really enjoy the sit and wait style of romance, and read more if that's your thing, then this drama is for you. I just couldn't figure out why these two people who clearly were in it deep for each other couldn't learn to use their words and Say so.

Luckily, where the romance sort of left me hanging, the rest of the drama was quite enjoyable. I loved the whole office battle plot line and the heavy focus on friendship and what it actually means to be a friend. I definitely consider that part of the drama's plot to be one of its major strengths.

And while I found the female lead at times infuriating, I didn't hate her. I just wanted to prod with a stick sometimes, lol. I quite liked the male lead and his tenacious go get it attitude about basically everything. Except when it came to romance, and then I wanted to be like 'Look. The drama's not giving me a clear justification for your behavior here, so how bout you help a sister out and tell me Why you aren't making a move on this girl already? Please and thanks I love you bye.'

So like I said, if you enjoy the sit and wait style of romance story, you will like this drama. If you like your romance to move a little faster than a snail, you might find this drama a little frustrating at times to watch.

(Music is one, because I don't remember the music. Rematch is one, because I don't rematch dramas.)
5-ji Kara 9-ji Made
Jul 30, 2016
This drama is a little bit ridiculous. It's certainly not the most ridiculous Japanese drama out there. In fact, it's quite tame in comparison to many other Japanese dramas, but I found it a little bit ridiculous all the same.

The good thing about that statement is it was a kind of ridiculous that I (mostly) intensely enjoyed watching. I'm not kidding when I say I was constantly laughing and really rooted read more for our leads to make it to the finish line together.

There are certainly complaints I could make about the writing. Mostly at the irritating way our male lead tries to manipulate the female lead at multiple points of the story. Or how very little of the male leads behavior has any sort of explanation behind it and just why, exactly, the female lead even falls for him. And how some of the side plots are just weird in a 'is this really happening' sort of way. But I got pretty much what I wanted out of this drama, lighthearted humor and leads worth rooting for and side characters who were mostly very pleasant to watch on screen. (Although would it have Killed you, writers, to give my favorite secondary couple a more romantic conclusion to their story arch?)

All in all, I enjoyed this drama. It's certainly not without flaws, but liked the lead couple, and I was perfectly content with seeing them end up together.

Although those second lead feels, man. They can be a killer.

(Rematch is one, because I don't rematch dramas.)
How to start this review. I'm not sure how.

This drama doesn't really follow the typical set up with our leads. I won't say more than that so as not to spoil the story, but it's a good idea to not go into this one expecting things to play out a certain way.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. It was certainly a very confusing and frustrating thing, because I've read more come to expect my dramas to play out in very specific ways. (That's probably due to my limited experience with Japanese dramas over Korean.) But I came to understand, and honestly quite like, the very conscious writing decision by the end.There are some things I could quibble over, but honestly, I'm not particularly upset about most of it.

HOWEVER, I know from reading the comments on here that some people were disappointed with the ending, and I must say, that is a frustration I understand. Because, well, I'm a little disappointed too. I'm not unhappy with the end pairing, because I honestly feel like it makes the most sense. I'm also happy with how all of the other potential suitors are treated and utilized in the story. I'm just not happy with the non-commital ending. You need to make a decision, writers. Yes or no.

That being said, I have very little in the way of other complaints. When the show turns heartfelt, the lessons are honest and true and hit you where it matters. When it tries to give dating advice, it's mostly all nonsense, lol. But it's those heartfelt lessons (and of course the story and all of the characters themselves) that make this drama worth watching. (Watching the dating advice mostly fall apart when applied is pretty funny too, lol.)

Side note: There's a time jump at the beginning of the last episode that I feel was pointless (and kind of jarring, if I'm honest), but I don't know if that's because of how it was utilized or because there was a bit of a pause between me watching episode 9 and then coming back to watch the last episode. It was only about 4 or 5 days, but it was enough time for me to no longer be in the same headspace as when I started the drama.

All in all, I mostly enjoyed this drama. I just wish the ending had been clearly defined. The drama brought us So close only to leave us hanging.

And I don't give tens for that.
Cat Street
Jul 12, 2016
I did not read the manga this drama is based on (I didn't know there was a manga until I read other people's reviews), so I can't tell you how good or bad of an adaptation it is. But as a viewer who has not read the manga and was experiencing the story for the first time, I thought this drama was superb. It's just very heartwarming and sweet. (I also loved read more that there was a Lolita character, as I also wear Lolita.)

If you read and loved the manga, you will probably agree with the other reviewers. If you have not read the manga, then I suggest giving this drama a chance. I think you'll find yourself liking it.
Asuko March!
Jul 5, 2016
While I don't know that this drama will leave a lasting impression on me, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. It's sweet and funny and tender hearted with a wonderful set of characters, and I even ended up enjoying the setting.

While I think the leads were well suited for each other, and I don't have a problem with the pairing at all, my second lead feels were very, very strong. I don't read more know if that's because I wanted him and the lead together, or I just wanted to see him find someone too, but that boy was just too cute for his own good, and I honestly could watch an entire drama just about him finding a girl of his own.

My only complaint is that the romance is not fully resolved at the end, and I hate unresolved romance. Like a lot. Still, I think it's worth watching.
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
Jan 14, 2017
There's a certain feeling I want to get from a drama once the story is over and there are no more episodes left to watch, a feeling that kind of takes over your body, your being, and for a moment, you and that feeling are the same. I don't know what you would call this feeling or how to describe it. Maybe peacefulness or satisfaction or a sense of completion but tinged read more with sadness that it's all over. All I know is this drama left me feeling this feeling, and I don't get to say that often.

There are no lulls or plot holes or draggy story points. Only sweet moments and lovely characters and a sense of earnestness. And honestly, that's really all you need.

I'm sad that this drama is over, and I'll probably need a few days to recover.
Fated to Love You
May 20, 2016
SO. MUCH. BETTER. THAN. THE. ORIGINAL! Complaints? Not as addictive, still suffered from mid-quarter shenanigans (like most dramas), finale episode was weak and disappointing. But overall, a much more satisfying story.

(Music is 1 because I don't remember what the music was like. Rewatch is 1 because I don't rewatch dramas.)
Healer
May 21, 2016
Phenomenal!

Outstanding!

Fabulous!

Superb!

Tremendous!

Fantastic!

How many superlatives have you got, cause all of them apply!

I even love the super cheesy, 80's vibe song they played at least 3 times every single episode. That singer must have made a Lot of money off of this drama, lol.

I only feel ashamed that it took me so long to finish.

I Will be rewatching this.
Cinderella and the Four Knights
This drama was my crack drama all the way through episode 14 when, for reasons I'm honestly not even sure of anymore (maybe I was abducted by aliens and they messed with my brain? probably just because some of the side plots were draggy and frustrating though), I lost all interest and never finished the last two episodes. I finally went back and watched them this evening, and I can't lie. The read more obsession I had with this drama when it was airing has significantly cooled. I don't know if that's the drama's fault or mine, but it is what it is.

This is definitely, however, a crack drama, and if you like crack dramas, you will like this one. I don't know that the story holds up to intense scrutiny, and like I said, some of the side plots are draggy and frustrating, but...we're all drama druggie's here. And we'll put up with a lot to get our fix, am I right?
Age of Youth
Jan 3, 2017
I'm surprised I haven't written a review for this by now considering I was entranced by this drama from start to finish. It's very unusual to find dramas about real people and real stories told through such unartificial means. Most of the time, we're given a set of stock characters and stock situations that may or may not deliver on their promises. Age of Youth aspired to do something different. I won't read more say that it exceeded in every respect. There are too many loose ends once the story wraps, and sometimes the pacing is weird. One plot line comes completely out of left field and still frustrates me even though I will concede that they found a way to make it work. But what Age of Youth brought to the drama table is something we don't see in other dramas.

They brought real people.

And I love this drama for that.

United States