• Location: United States

OhSoEnthusiastic

United States
Introverted Boss
Sep 15, 2017
I was so hype for this drama. I'd just finished Age of Youth and was on a Hye Soo high. I loved, loved, loved the story idea. Shy, insecure characters are super relatable to me, and I love Love stories where the love interest builds up the shy, insecure character and helps them gain newfound confidence.

I wanted this to be good.

I was very disappointed by what it turned out to be.

Like most everyone else who watched this drama, Hye Soo's character went a bridge too far for me. The first two episodes were fun and light hearted, and while the female lead was very over the top, I still enjoyed her as a character. Her antics were a little ham but still understandable and relatable. In eps 3 and 4, her character took a real nosedive, and her personality went from initially over the top but fun to downright exacerbating. Her behavior resembled an Elementary school playground fight. It wasn't cute or funny anymore.

The writers realized, after eps 3 and 4, that the audience was Very disgruntled with the character, and they did what they could to tone her down and make her less annoying. And I think the changes worked. But I never regained the enthusiasm for the drama I had initially and ended up dropping it not far from the end.

I won't recommend this drama, but I won't tell you not to watch it either, because the missteps might not keep you from enjoying it like they did me. But go in aware.

Splash Splash LOVE
Jul 5, 2016
This is everything I want in a romance and so much more. Kim Seul Gi is my favorite. The male lead ain't bad either. The romance was make you giddy and flushed perfection. The way they used history to tell the story was genius. It splash splashed it's way into my heart forever.
Noble, My Love
May 21, 2016
Sooooo cute and the male lead made me want to punch him in the face half the time.

I stuck it out a verrrrrrry long time, waiting for him to realize he was a bossy jealous pants, but he didn't, and I realized I didn't want his bossy jealous pants in my life, so I dropped it 2 episodes before the end.

(Music is 1 because I don't remember what the music was like.)
Bitter Blood
May 21, 2016
What a satisfying watch! I haven’t been this thoroughly impressed with a drama in a While! Does part of me wish the romance had been developed more? Yes, but that’s only because I’m a sucker for a good romance. The drama didn’t actually need it. But that father son bromance was everything. Still holding out hope for a season 2.

(If I rewatched dramas, I would rewatch this one.)
Wool 100%
May 23, 2016
There's really no way to describe this movie. It's odd and unusual, and you don't really know what the point of it all is, and the ending will definitely leaving you scratching your head. But it's also sweet and quirky and kind of captures your heart.

At least it did mine.

It's not a movie for everyone, but I do think it's worth watching at least once.

If only so you can explain the ending to me, cause I still don't get it.
Apr 29, 2017
This drama was my crack drama all the way through episode 14 when, for reasons I'm honestly not even sure of anymore (maybe I was abducted by aliens and they messed with my brain? probably just because some of the side plots were draggy and frustrating though), I lost all interest and never finished the last two episodes. I finally went back and watched them this evening, and I can't lie. The obsession I had with this drama when it was airing has significantly cooled. I don't know if that's the drama's fault or mine, but it is what it is.

This is definitely, however, a crack drama, and if you like crack dramas, you will like this one. I don't know that the story holds up to intense scrutiny, and like I said, some of the side plots are draggy and frustrating, but...we're all drama druggie's here. And we'll put up with a lot to get our fix, am I right?

Shopping King Louie
Feb 19, 2017
The romance is bubblegum sweet, the story is gentle and heartwarming, the twists smart and unexpected. The characters make you smile and laugh and cry and smile some more.

Even the music left an impression on me, and that rarely happens!

It's basically like one big, exhilarating, endorphin releasing shopping trip, but without any regret. Everything you bought is exactly what you wanted for exactly the right price.

This is going in my list of favorite drama's, Pronto!
A Time of Love
Feb 1, 2017
CAVEAT: This review is only for episode 4, because it is the only episode I watched, and I don't plan on watching the others as they don't interest me at all.

EPISODE 4 WAS EVERYTHING!!!! I now want this to be a full length drama with the same cast and crazy costumes and adorableness and lightheartedness and the unexpected emotional moments that separated it from being purely a 'fat girl' story to a 'beautiful inside and out but mistreated and misunderstood because of her looks girl' story.

This is in my top ten of favorite dramas, and it's only one episode.
Sweet 20
Jan 22, 2017
This web drama is like cotton candy. There is conflict and misunderstandings and a real uncertainty about who she's going to end up with at the end, but it's all so easy and pleasant to watch. The makeup tutorials are also a really nice touch. Obviously, they are the whole purpose of the drama, but they don't feel weird or out of place or even all that much like product placement. They're nice and simple and suitable for a wide variety of people. You don't even really need to use Innisfree makeup to do them, even though that's the only brand used. You can very easily recreate these looks with any other makeup brand out there.

Rich Man, Poor Woman
Jul 31, 2016
I'm having a hard time writing up a review for this drama. I certainly did not hate it. It has much to commend itself. But the romance was so incredibly slow, and I found that to be a very draining viewing experience. I wanted them together so bad, and the writers were just like 'Yeah. Maybe later.'

Of course, some drama lovers really enjoy the sit and wait style of romance, and if that's your thing, then this drama is for you. I just couldn't figure out why these two people who clearly were in it deep for each other couldn't learn to use their words and Say so.

Luckily, where the romance sort of left me hanging, the rest of the drama was quite enjoyable. I loved the whole office battle plot line and the heavy focus on friendship and what it actually means to be a friend. I definitely consider that part of the drama's plot to be one of its major strengths.

And while I found the female lead at times infuriating, I didn't hate her. I just wanted to prod with a stick sometimes, lol. I quite liked the male lead and his tenacious go get it attitude about basically everything. Except when it came to romance, and then I wanted to be like 'Look. The drama's not giving me a clear justification for your behavior here, so how bout you help a sister out and tell me Why you aren't making a move on this girl already? Please and thanks I love you bye.'

So like I said, if you enjoy the sit and wait style of romance story, you will like this drama. If you like your romance to move a little faster than a snail, you might find this drama a little frustrating at times to watch.

(Music is one, because I don't remember the music. Rematch is one, because I don't rematch dramas.)

How to start this review. I'm not sure how.

This drama doesn't really follow the typical set up with our leads. I won't say more than that so as not to spoil the story, but it's a good idea to not go into this one expecting things to play out a certain way.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. It was certainly a very confusing and frustrating thing, because I've come to expect my dramas to play out in very specific ways. (That's probably due to my limited experience with Japanese dramas over Korean.) But I came to understand, and honestly quite like, the very conscious writing decision by the end.There are some things I could quibble over, but honestly, I'm not particularly upset about most of it.

HOWEVER, I know from reading the comments on here that some people were disappointed with the ending, and I must say, that is a frustration I understand. Because, well, I'm a little disappointed too. I'm not unhappy with the end pairing, because I honestly feel like it makes the most sense. I'm also happy with how all of the other potential suitors are treated and utilized in the story. I'm just not happy with the non-commital ending. You need to make a decision, writers. Yes or no.

That being said, I have very little in the way of other complaints. When the show turns heartfelt, the lessons are honest and true and hit you where it matters. When it tries to give dating advice, it's mostly all nonsense, lol. But it's those heartfelt lessons (and of course the story and all of the characters themselves) that make this drama worth watching. (Watching the dating advice mostly fall apart when applied is pretty funny too, lol.)

Side note: There's a time jump at the beginning of the last episode that I feel was pointless (and kind of jarring, if I'm honest), but I don't know if that's because of how it was utilized or because there was a bit of a pause between me watching episode 9 and then coming back to watch the last episode. It was only about 4 or 5 days, but it was enough time for me to no longer be in the same headspace as when I started the drama.

All in all, I mostly enjoyed this drama. I just wish the ending had been clearly defined. The drama brought us So close only to leave us hanging.

And I don't give tens for that.

Cat Street
Jul 12, 2016
I did not read the manga this drama is based on (I didn't know there was a manga until I read other people's reviews), so I can't tell you how good or bad of an adaptation it is. But as a viewer who has not read the manga and was experiencing the story for the first time, I thought this drama was superb. It's just very heartwarming and sweet. (I also loved that there was a Lolita character, as I also wear Lolita.)

If you read and loved the manga, you will probably agree with the other reviewers. If you have not read the manga, then I suggest giving this drama a chance. I think you'll find yourself liking it.

Asuko March!
Jul 5, 2016
While I don't know that this drama will leave a lasting impression on me, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. It's sweet and funny and tender hearted with a wonderful set of characters, and I even ended up enjoying the setting.

While I think the leads were well suited for each other, and I don't have a problem with the pairing at all, my second lead feels were very, very strong. I don't know if that's because I wanted him and the lead together, or I just wanted to see him find someone too, but that boy was just too cute for his own good, and I honestly could watch an entire drama just about him finding a girl of his own.

My only complaint is that the romance is not fully resolved at the end, and I hate unresolved romance. Like a lot. Still, I think it's worth watching.

Jan 15, 2017
There's a certain feeling I want to get from a drama once the story is over and there are no more episodes left to watch, a feeling that kind of takes over your body, your being, and for a moment, you and that feeling are the same. I don't know what you would call this feeling or how to describe it. Maybe peacefulness or satisfaction or a sense of completion but tinged with sadness that it's all over. All I know is this drama left me feeling this feeling, and I don't get to say that often.

There are no lulls or plot holes or draggy story points. Only sweet moments and lovely characters and a sense of earnestness. And honestly, that's really all you need.

I'm sad that this drama is over, and I'll probably need a few days to recover.

This is basically the story of my love life told from a guy's perspective, lol. Seiya is awkward, inexperienced with the opposite sex, and adorable as all get out. The only difference between us (apart from I'm not male) is he has a maid and a butler, and I have my own two hands and feet, lol.