AnanyaS

Chief Kim
Mar 30, 2017
If you're having any doubts about picking this up because of the lack of 'romance' tag or the synopsis or just anything, please throw all those doubts out of the window and watch this right now! I don't generally watch non-romance dramas, and I'm not a big fan of office politics or just politics in general, but I LOVED this! And believe me, so will you.
The words corporate politics put me read more off for a while, but then I finally picked this drama because of Gung Min. I wasn't familiar with any of the other cast. Now I can't believe I was about to pass this gem off!
Here are few of the reasons why I loved Chief Kim-

-Sometimes, it doesn't require an unique plotline to make a successful drama, but what matters is it's execution. A group of people fighting against the corruption in their organisation might not seem like anything new, but Chief Kim is executed brilliantly. Not to mention, hilariously.
-I feel like, with the given plot, there could have been a lot of crazy misunderstandings, what with him being a bad person at the beginning. But the writer chose to deal with that fact in a straightforward manner, instead of going round and round in circles. I'm really thankful for that because it made it way more enjoyable.
-I really enjoyed the pacing of this show. In a typical kdrama, things go well in the start, and then around the last 5-6 episodes, everything goes wrong horribly which doesn't get resolved until the last episode. But I felt that wasn't the case with this drama. The pacing was a bit more consistent. Good and bad happened throughout the drama, not at any specific timings/ episode.
- I legit loved every interactions between every characters in the drama. Whether it may be Chief Kim & Seo Yul, Seo Yul & Ha Gyeong, Chief Kim & Myeong Su, Chief Kim & Ga Eun and any many others, each one was immensely enjoyable.
-I'm a big fan of bromances. Well, who isn't, right? The main lead, Chief Kim, is surrounded by a lot of guys. There are number of bromances going on simultaneously. My personal favorite being TQ's Psycho & Gluttonous Sociopath. They are just sooo cute!
-The chemistry between the characters is really good. Not just with the leading characters, but also between the supporting characters.
-There might not be any romance, but you can still ship two particular characters (I'm not saying who), I know I did.
-The comedy is SPOT-ON. This drama might not keep you on the edge of your seat, but it sure will have you falling off off it- with laughter!
-Last but not the least; watch out for the some drama scenes parodies. I loved them, and I'm sure you'll too. I'm not going to say which dramas, 'cause that'll spoil the fun, but they were pretty popular ones.
I'd like to end the review by saying that I'm not a drama re-watcher, but I'd gladly re-watch any episode of Chief Kim any-day! So please, give this a chance!
Goblin
Jan 21, 2017
Goblin is a great drama. I went into it with low expectations, but I was pleasantly suprised, or more accurately, I was blown away. You can recognize a good drama by the way it makes you feel exactly what the characters in the drama are feeling. That's the way Goblin was for me, with each character, I laughed and I cried.

I'll TRY to keep the review sweet and short, so here read more are the reasons I enjoyed Goblin:
-The premise is unique. It's one of a kind. I haven't seen any other Kdramas with a similar plotline to Goblin, so that was a plus point.
-The actors do a superb job. I could feel their emotions from across the screen. then again, nothing less to be expected from such a spectacular cast.
-The drama has everything, ranging from bromance, romance to mytery and suspense.
-The bromance is spectacular. One of the most epic bromance I've ever seen in a Kdrama. It made me laugh a lot, but it also had its heartwarming and heartwrenching moments. Goblin and Grim Reaper's relationship is one of the best reasons to pick this up.
-The two couples- Goblin & Eun Tak and Grim Reaper & Sunny. Both couples had their own story. The sweet and cute moments of the Goblin couple & the sizzling chemistry between Grim Reaper and Sunny was enough to keep the 'romance' meter of the drama pretty high. You won't be able to get enough of the cuteness of Goblin & Eun Tak.
-The mystery of the characters. From 'the lady in red' to the king and queen, each episode just gave enough glimpse into their lives to keep us engrossed. It'll drive you crazy in a good way.
-Each minute of every episode was enjoyable. I didn't skip a single moment of any episode.
-The unexpectedness of the drama was really great. Just when you'd think you had something figured out, some twist would come along and surprise you. The writer sure did a tremendous job.
BONUS: Beautiful and addictive OST

I personally didn't find anything even remotely bad about it, but that's not to say other people won't, so here's a few things you should keep in mind before venturing into it.
-The age difference between Goblin [ (~939) he was 39 when he died and then immortal for 900 years] and Eun Tak (19).
-Comparatively less screen time for Sunny and Grim Reaper couple. But I suppose that's to be expected specially since the title alone indicates that Kim Shin (Goblin) is the main lead, so it's no wonder they get the most screen time.
-Worst product placement you'll ever see in a Kdrama. You might think I'm kidding but sometimes even the smallest thing can annoy you. I personally found those scenes amusing though.

So, to sum up- I LOVED this drama! Do give this one a chance, you won't be disappointed. Once you start it, chances are, you'll end up loving it. Happy Watching!
The Starry Night, The Starry Sea
Mar 9, 2017
Some dramas just click with you. It doesn't even have to have a spectacular cast or an intriguing storyline (both of which, it had). I don't normally watch C-dramas, but the reason I ventured into this was because I'm a big fan of fantasy dramas and the plot looked interesting. I wasn't expecting anything, but boy, was I surprised. It was love at first sight for me. I was hooked from the read more first episode. I'll try to explain why-
For fantasy drama lovers like me, the premise of the drama is interesting. It is by no means, unique, but nevertheless exciting to see. It was one of the dramas I looked forward to every week. And I'm glad to say I really really enjoy it (well 98% of it anyway, for the remaining 2% I wanted to find the screenwriter and kill him/ her, lol)
Despite it not being unique, the drama was able to elicit the right emotions from me, which truthfully, only very few dramas are able to do. I loved the hero, I hated the villain- it was just the way it's supposed to be.
I specially liked Wu Julan's character. FSF did such a wonderful job in portraying him. He's definitely not just another beautiful face! And the way he would smile (although it happened rarely)...*swoon*
The main couple was adorable. I was so so much invested in them. The way they slowly but steadily grew closer. I loved every minute of their screen time! Even the secondary couple had me intrigued to see how their story would unfold.
The female lead's acting was a bit awkward at times, specially in crying scenes, but I grew used to it with each progression of episode.
All in all, I enjoyed this drama very much. The ending was a bit disappointing (to say the least), but I enjoyed the remaining so much, I can't really hate the drama for it.
The OST of this drama was also really good, specially the ED song 'Echo'.
Do give this a try!
Radiant Office
What's the one thing that every person fears the most? Death. And when that fear is taken away from you, for whatever extreme reasons, what do you do? You let yourself loose. You say and do things that you might have never done before. And that's exactly what happens with Ha Won.
Honestly though, Radiant Office is not solely focused on the decisions that you make when you know you're going to read more die soon. In it's core, this drama is more of a corporate politics drama. But even that's not all it's limited to. It's a drama about friendship, about making it on your own, about telling yourself not to give up even when you've lost all hope, it's about second chances, and a lot other significant issues that people face in their life. However, instead of delving deeper into the emotional and not-so-emotional aspects of the drama, I'd just like to just point out the reasons why I enjoyed this show. So, here goes-

-First and foremost, it's because of the male lead. After watching the first two episodes, I was afraid the male lead was going to be a typical jerk one. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, he starts out as a jerk, but he changes so much. He actually turned out to be a really kind and caring person.
-Ha Won's character is very relatable. A job is not something that's handed to us as soon as we graduate, we have to work for it. But what if it doesn't matter how many times you try, you can't seem to reach your goal? Ha Won can't get a job even after trying 100 times. Her thoughts, her actions, her decisions- everything is portrayed so realistically, that it'll appeal to the audience.
-I loved the trio. They didn't exactly meet in the most preferable situation, but their friendship was one of the best things about the drama. The way they stuck with each other, it was so heartwarming. Even in the situations where they had to compete with each other, they never let it get in the way of their friendship.
-The lead couple was very cute. They went from hate to respect to tentative friendship to finally, something more. I loved it every-time they would have these little moments. One of my most memorable one is where he gives her the secret thumbs-up. It was beyond cute!
-The second couple- Ji Na and Ki Taek, had their charms too. Ji Na, for one, was a character that evolved the most, in the drama. Their relationship grew so much throughout the series.
-Chief Park's innermost thoughts were one of the most hilarious moments of the drama. It sounds so random, but I don't know, I found it really funny.

The could've-been-better(s):
-I wish the romance was a bit more pronounced. I understand that this is not primarily a romance drama, but well, the heart wants what it wants, right?
-I feel like Kang Ho's contribution towards the story wasn't as much as the other characters. To me, it felt like, his character wasn't as fleshed out.
-The last episode seemed a bit rushed. While the major issues were resolved, a lot of other things weren't.

So, that's it for the review. I hope you give this drama a chance.
Duang Jai Akkanee
Sep 13, 2016
You might think that I overrated the show a bit. I mean 9 is pretty high. I do feel like I may be a little biased because-
-This is my first thai drama ever.
-And I'm a sucker for this kind of storyline. Seriously, I love those stories where the MCs hate each other at first and then fall in love together.
It might not be a 9 worthy show, BUT I read more can assure you it's a definite 8.5 (that is however, if you like rom-coms and this type of storyline) So, give it a chance, you won't be disappointed.
As apparent from the synopsis above, Duang jai Akkanee is a modern day version of Romeo & Juliet.
The basic storyline of the show is that Fai (male MC) and Jeed (female MC) come from families that hate each other. And at first, they share that sentiment too. But overtime, they fall in love.
It might not be the first show to implement the 'enemies-to-lovers' storyline, but believe me, it plays it really well. The actors are really natural.
As to why I liked the show (aside of the aforementioned reason) : At first this seemed like a typical rom-com, and it is, no doubt about it. However it also shows serious obstacles that our MCs have to face. It features the terrible problems of gambling, fraud and it shows how much pride can affect our lives for the negative.This show features people with real problems and not just ones that never actually happen in real life. PLUS, the main couple are just sooo cute, both Jeed and Fai.
Only fact I was bothered by was the fact that everyone took the act of rape very lightly, joking abut it and all. Personally, I pretended it didn't happen (to that degree). It was for, like, a single episode anyway.
Happy watching! :)
The Happy Loner
2 hours well-spent! To think a 2-episode drama special can leave a mark on my heart. I went into it without any expectations, but I completely enjoyed this.
Ji Young and Byeok Soo are both people that carry the same pain of abandonment. But both react to it differently. One works too hard at getting people to like him, while the other completely gives up on any type of relationships. When their read more paths cross- things are bound to happen. And they do.
"Expect less and you'll be disappointed less"- That's basically the motto of our female lead. And isn't that something that a lot of us can relate to- atleast to some extent? Since she was a kid, Ji Young has been hurt by the people around her. So she has given up on human relationships. She is a person who uses her stony persona as a defense mechanism. She gives off an impression of a very strong person, but inside she's very vulnerable, afraid of getting hurt again. The appealing thing about our female lead is the fact that she is very relatable. The way she thinks and talks in some situations- maybe a lot of us would do the same.
Byeok Soo is the kind of guy that, theoretically, everyone would love. But they don't. He often comes off as desperate and needy to people around him. The reason of his behaviour? He doesn't want to be lonely. The way he follows Ji Young around- it's beyond adorable. Her verbal assault never deters him and he never gives up on her. He manages to tear off her walls- slowly and carefully.
It was so cute to see both of them fall in love. They are the opposite of each other- and yet, somehow, perfect for each other. All in all, a very enjoyable short drama.
I hope you give this drama special try. It's only 2 hours long, so it won't take a lot of your time. And you'll enjoy it very much.

India