Thevilone

Chief Kim
There is only one word that could describe this drama perfectly. That is 'Awesomazing'. And I'm not lying at all. From the A to the Z it is the most funny, dramatic and almost realistic drama I saw.
Not just in Korean but in English, Hindi or in Bangla this is by far the most funniest drama I had seen ever. Ever.

The cast is Perfect. I don't think anyone could had read more done those characters more justice then people who played them. Nam Gung Min is the funniest actor, I know. Than there is Lee Jun Ho with him. And it's just perfection on it's own.

The story is amazing. I'm not going to say anything about it except that you will love every single second of it. You will love, scream and cry (for all the good reason). In the end you will just wish if there was more, more and more.
Funny & crazy lead. Smart women characters. An antagonist that you will love. A corruption story told with the right balance of comedy. And with a few lessons for life (Don't do corruption).

The bromance. You are probably hearing a lot about the Chief Kim & Director Seo's bromance. And none of the things are a lie. If you thought Goblin & Grim Reaper's ( From "Goblin" ) bromance was epic. Than this one is a step farther.
Every time they were together, there was Bang bang bang. Every line, every scene, every time their eyes meet...there was Bang.
This is the most romance I have ever seen in a bromance. And there are kisses. Yes, kiss but in plural.

The music. The songs are amazing. Beautiful and light goes perfectly with the story and the scenes. You will be humming them all the time.

I am so going to re-watch this. Actually I'm already re-watching it.

So if you think 'Ah, it doesn't has romance in it. It probably isn't good.' Than I will like to tell you, You are so wrong. It does has romance in it. Just not a bucket full of it. But the story, cast, music, the bromance, comedy everything else makes up for it.
It's an amazing drama not to mention hilarious. One of the best of 2017.

So watch it. Watch it. Watch it.
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
A short review of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.

A very cute, funny, romantic and really well put together drama. The story was fluffy and dark at the same time. I really liked it. It's fun to watch. There were really funny characters. Funny scenes. And a beautiful ending.
Let's not forget about the chemistry between the two leads were fire hot... *the kiss in ep 15*

I started this drama because read more of Park Hyung Sik. For me he stole the spot light in 'Hwarang' and when i found out that he was the lead here. I had to watch it. And I'm glad that I did. Because he was absolutely amazing. He was cute, cocky and so so sweet. But in episode 14 he just became 100 times better. He did all the right thing with his lines, his delivery and with his expressions. I loved him in here. I love him everywhere. Just look at the guy's smile!

Same goes for Park Bo Young. This is was the first time I saw her. And I loved her. She is cute and on the money with her acting. She made this character look effortless. Her acting in ep 14 was wow.
And the new guy Jang Mi Kwan! Loved that physo killer.

The music was beautiful.

It's a beautiful drama. And you will love it. It's really funny. And really sweet but not over the top. It has a weird balance to it. That will make you love it. If you are into RomCom then this is your drama. And Park Hyung Sik looks awesome in here!
7 First Kisses
Feb 21, 2017
I don't know how to review this drama, because it was very intuitive. It's a giant ad, so... But each episode was with a different story line. It was fun to watch.

I think the cast was great. Many big names under one. I liked everyone of them but my personal favorite was Park Hea Jin, Ji Chang Wook and Lee Min Ho.

Same goes for the story wise. I liked the read more idea of a different story in each episode. The idea probably in paper sounded even more grand. It was a little clichéd. But who cares about that.
The melodrama in Ok Taecyeon was really funny. And the slight action Ji Chang Wook was really nice. I love episode 3 with Park Hea Ji and episode 6 with Lee Min Ho the most.
But the ending, I didn't liked it. Because they don't tell you who she ends up with. It's kind of frustrating.

The music was great. 10 for that.

So in the end, if your bored and want to watch something a little different. Then this is probably something to see.
Goblin
Jan 30, 2017
Goblin was the first K-drama I ever watched. And I think it is the best drama so far, hands down. If you haven't watched it, you probably should...like now!
For you question why you should watch it? Here are my reasons :

If we talk about casting- though I'm new to this, I do Google a lot- I don't think their couldn't be any better then this.
Gong Yoo did an amazing read more job. I watched his movie 'Train to Busan' and one could say it hands down that he is an amazing actor, who knows how to do his job. And God his smile....Killer!!!
I loved the 19 year old, over enthusiastic Ji Eun Tak who was portrayed by Kim Go Eun. The way we get to see how her character grew throughout the series was a treat.
I love Lee Dong Wook as the Grim Reaper. I probably have a crush on the character and the way Lee Dong Wook showed his emotions in it, was amazing. I totally get it why he wanted this character so much.
Sunny was my favorite. She was strong and I'm probably never going to see a chicken shop owner the same way. Yoo In Na, changed that for all of us.
Duk-Hwa played by Yook Sung Jae was so cute and such an 'rich heir'

The story line was perfect in it's own. The fact that it was a fantasy drama, it lives up the name with romance, comedy and mystery.
'The lady in red', 'The king', 'How Duk-Hwa knew stuffs' there are questions that will make sure you stick by the TV screen.

And then there is the 'Bromance' The fling between Goblin & Grim Reaper will make you love them so hard. They are funny and cheesy and you are going to love every second of it. The scene where they walk together from the tunnel and the music going on the background, I laughed so hard.
Goblin and his bride - Eun Tak is second in the cute couple. They're cuteness will make you cheeks hurt.
The story between Sunny and Grim Reaper is a little sad compared to the other. But the beginning was full of fluff and sweet stuffs.

Each and every song in this drama is perfect with the story. They will stuck in your head for days and you will be forced to play them over and over again. I'm doing this my self - while re-watching the show for the second time. Especially loved 'Winter is coming' it is just a wonderful piece to listen too.

In short..
The songs were perfect. The cast was perfect. The story was incredible. And everything about it ...will make you fall in love with it.
So if you are one of those people out there, who haven't seen it yet, I would like to tell you....WATCH IT.
Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
Feb 20, 2017
I started this drama because it had Gong Yoo (we meet in 'Goblin') & Gong Hyo Jin ( meet by 'Master's Sun'), my two favorite actors. So I was sure that this won't let me down.
And it didn't. Here are the reasons why I loved it.

The cast.
Gong Yoo. I don't think I need to say anything else about him. He is the most perfect actor I have ever seen. read more I thought he was amazing in 'Goblin' because as you grow your skills developed. But this show which is from 2005 almost 12 years before 'Goblin' and even then he knew how to play with emotions and expressions like no one else. Because the faces he makes, are merciless. Park Tae In was crazy and playful and you just watch him grow. He was perfect. I love Park Tae In.
He is my favorite character ever. I just loved the craziness in it, in him. He is awesome. I love Park Tae In.

Gong Hyo Jin playing the older teacher Na Bo Ri. I didn't liked her character. Because she just made Tae In cry so much. But Hyo Jin did a really good job.

Kim Da Hyun, Choi Yeo Jin, Kang Do Han, Jo Hyung Ki and many more who's name I don't know, were all amazing in their respective characters.

The story.
God I loved it. The beginning was so, so funny and hilarious. And then it started to get a little serious. Some will say that the story drags in the middle but I disagree. It doesn't. Instead it moves in a pace that was necessary for the characters to develop.
The side-stories was only for Tae In and Na Bo Ri to realized what they were to themselves. Sometime they were a shoulder to cry on, sometime a friend to talk to, a mentor, a loves. ^_^

And then the ending. It was hands down the best ending I had seen. I usually don't like how my favorite shows ends. Because well, it's ending and I always has something else in mind. But this one was just perfect. Sweet and perfect.

The music.
I love them. Played 'Only you' a hundred time by now. Only problem is that I can't find the rest of them.

Will I rewatch it again? Yes, I'll!

In short.
If you want to see thousand and one expressions by Gong Yoo's, and want to laugh, cry, learn some lessons about life and friends? Or just want to watch Gong Yoo as an crazy teen.

Than watch this drama without any other thought.
Train to Busan
Feb 6, 2017
One of the best zombie movies i have ever seen! Everything about will make you love it.

It's scary. The zombies are the most bizarre looking things. They are running around, bitting others heads off. And then the noises. Wow! Is so good. You will enjoy it. I mean even Goblin screamed shit when he watched it (That was a Goblin reference).
The story is amazing. The dialogues are beautiful. The cast read more was perfect. And Gong Yoo was pretty amazing in it. Love him.

It is a really good watch in a rainy night with the lights turned off.
The Master's Sun
Feb 2, 2017
I started watching 'The Master's Sun' after Goblin (which was my first k-drama), so I didn't had much expectations. Because it would be hard to meet the bar that Goblin has set.
So when I started watching the drama, it kind of took me by storm. And what an amazingly mind blowing storm it was, one that I would love to get lost again.
Why? here are my reasons :

The cast...wow! read more That probably say all.
So Ji-sub who played Joo Joong Won or President Joo was amazing. Throughout this whole drama we can see this unchangeable person change for this crazy girl, he meet. This cold person warming up to his sun. And his expressions were perfect. Every time So Ji-sub said "Get lost" I would literally scream. Lol but true.
Tae Gong Shil is my favorite Ghostbuster. Gong Hyo-jin was really cool considerate how difficult her character was. And then the personality changes, those were awesome. Loved that.
I have never felt this bad for the 2nd lead male in my life as much as I felt bad for Kang Woo. but Seo In-guk made me root for his character. The fact that Kang Woo's character didn't got over shadowed by President Joo's says how good of a actor Seo In-guk is.
Tae Ri Ryung, she was a pain in the ass wasn't she. I first thought that she was the evil one. Which she was but not that kind. And I liked the silent chemistry between Kim Yoo-ri and Seo In-guk. I thought there story was another version of President Joo and Tae's. Or maybe that was just me?
The others were also amazing. Secretary Kim was my favorite.

I chose this drama because it had the word 'ghost' in it. So when I started watching episode 1 I realized it wasn't what I thought it was but what I needed. A breath of fresh air. The story was different something I haven't seen. And I like how it made me kind of obsessed over it. The writers did a really good job. I almost cried in episode 12. Which is something that has never happened - except for watching Titanic, but everyone cries over it. I'm probably going to look for more of Hong sisters work now. The story was funny and full of sweetness.
I loved the side stories and how they helped to evolved the characters. My favorite was episode 6 which was about the bond between a dog and his owner. Since I'm a dog lover myself, I loved that one more then others. Another one was episode 5. That ghost story was really sweet. someone should use it as a base for another drama. It would be called, "Beyond death" or something like that.

The ending theme song - rock guitar version of 'who are you' - is now my ring tone. The others are in my 'all time favorite play list' specially 'Crazy for you' and 'Day & night'.....LOVE them.

In short...
Awesome drama. Amazing cast. Wonderful songs. Everything and everything in it will make laugh and love. Cause who doesn't love a happy ending that's as sweet as So Ji Sub's smile?
So, one just has to watch it. Has to watch it.
Secret Garden
There's no doubt that this is one of the best K-dramas around. And there are many reviews that will say the same. But this review is my thought about it. And nothing more.

I loved the cast. They were great. Each and every one of them played their characters as perfect and real as they could. Hyung Bin & Ha ji won both are one of the most talented actors around. And read more they played there roles perfectly.
Specially in the body switching parts. Hyung Bin just stole the spot light for me at that moment. He was so funny. Specially his expressions. They were gold.

This is the only drama, I've so far with the most amazing OST. Each and every song had a reason. They were somehow part of the story. And they were so beautiful, that you just have to love it.

I loved the story. Well some of it. The only thing I didn't like was the switching. It wasn't necessary. It would had been an amazing drama even without. The switching - which most people were expecting, and it was funny - had little to none with story. In my eyes, it didn't do anything with the characters development.
Even saying that I loved the scenes. The actors were the reason.
And then the ending.

Overall it was an amazing drama. A great watch. It's full of fun stuff and moments. That's the reason it gets an overall 10 in my review and a place in my favorite drama list.
Missing 9
Mar 15, 2017
I found about this drama from a article written in here. And it so well written that I just had to watch it.

This drama got some mixed reaction from me and when I read others review I realize that I wasn't the only one.
But one thing about this drama that I can conform that it's not gonna let you leave you're TV screen. It's very very addicting. I finished it read more in like three days.

The story.

The plot of the story was the reason I started watching it. It revolves around a plain crash. 4 month after it a survivor was found and the whole story starts from there.
It has two parts basically. The present and the past which are the flashbacks. The sole survivor lost her memory and she doesn't know what happen in the island, she isn't sure and there are so many think that are influencing her memory.

When I first started to watch it, this big wave of mystery hits me. And I was in love with it. It was dark with slight comic reliefs. And so many things were happening that you just can't stop watching it. But somewhere in the middle it kinda dropped. It felt like I was watching something else.
I think the change in writer was the reason. The flow of the story got a little tamed.
But it still tried to stood up. Missing 9 tried to be different. But it missed the mark.

It was really funny. And very mysterious. And I kinda loved that. Seo Jun Oh's dream in the island and him stepping on a ** and the chasing scene in Seoul was hilarious!
It was the most action packed drama I had seen so far. I think there was fight scene in every episode.

The ending. Oh! the ending! It was one of the most ridiculous endings I have ever seen. Ever! Ever!! A big hot mess. Kinda like the story.

The cast.
They were unknown to me. But I really loved them in their roles.

Lee Seon Bin was Ha Ji Ah. I loved her character more than all the others!

Seo Joon Oh was by Jung Kyung Ho was really funny. The mixed between seriousness and comedy, he held it up well. He did a pretty good job with his character. I'm gonna watch something else with him.

Choi Tae joon played Choi Tae Ho, the evil one. This character was head strong and the actor did a good job at it cause I cursed him through out the whole drama.

It was different.

It's a good drama. It's fun and funny with the right amount of mystery and action in it. But then it leaves us with questions. Like the Bong Hee and Joon Oh did they got together?
And what about Yeol?
And what was with the ending?

Maybe there will be a season 2 for the answers?
Hwarang
Feb 26, 2017
Hwarang was my door to the world of K-drama. For that it gets the additional point on my rating.
It's good drama. It's fun to watch. If you don't compare it with Goblin-which was also airing that time- you will find it's a really good watch.

Why you should try this? Here are my reasons.

The cast got most of the attention, when it came to Hwarang. It was star studded drama. read more And for that reason people were expecting, I don't know something really great from this.
I think they were good. If we talk about the their roles, they were good.

Park Hyung Shik nailed his character. Even thought I felt his character was a little weak written than Sun-Woo's but this man made it better. He acted like he was the lead and that was the reason why he shined, even though he was the second lead character. His acting, his expressions, his posture everything he did made his character stronger. And It takes great skill to do that. To make a weak character look stronge.
Go Ah Ra I absolutely loved her character Ah Ro. She was charming, clever, sometime a little scary. I loved her. Though sometime she wasn't necessary needed. She just got dragged along the storyline.
Park Seo Joon character was well written. Because of being the lead, it got more attention from the writer.
Do Ji Han cast as Ban Ryu Rang. Oh my god the last scene! That was brilliant!!
Choi Min Ho playing Soo Ho Rang. Jo Yoon Woo as dashing Yeo Wool Rang. And Kim Tae Hyung as Han Sung Rang all were pretty good. And pretty and cute. ^_^
And many more who were part of this.

The story line was slightly cliched. In the ending few episodes the story really took off. So if the makers didn't pushed the first episodes it would had been a well balanced story.
I don't like when a character suddenly goes missing. Same happen here. Not good.
I was more interested in the 2nd couple, Ban Ryn and Soo Yeon than the lead couple. From the beginning their story was more fun and happening then the others. I love the last scene between them. A gold star just for that!

The bromance between Park-Park was really something to watch. Specially in the ending scene. Not going to spoil but that was/ is going to be the reason why they are going to be ship together even more now.
But I love the bromance between Soo-Ho and Ban-Ryu. They were so so funny. The perfect love and hate relationship that we all love.

I like the songs. They were catchy. 'Our Tears' by Hyolyn that is a beautiful song. Even the male version which was by Park Seo Joon was kind of cool.

I'm probably not going to rewatch it any time soon. But maybe one day?

So in short watch this because you will love the beautiful faces in front of you. And a little bit of craziness that's in there.
The Crucible
Feb 22, 2017
I heard about this movie in a show. They were talking about movies based on true story and movies that made an impact on society. And 'The Crucible' or 'Silenced' was on the top.
So I had to watch it.

Why you should watch this?
Here are my reasons.

The story is real. I have a thing for movies based on true stories or real events. It helps me connect with story read more line and the characters more. And the story - the whole thing was such an emotionally deep plot that it just connected with you instantly.
The movie actually made an impact on law, it was because it was based on such a consequential subject. There are laws now named the silent law.
That is the power of a movie.

It does contains some extreme, very extreme graphic sexual scenes. Especially very graphic child abuse. It's very dark, violent and it will leave in a very very bitter mood, because of the amount of anger you will feel toward them. So if you are faint hearted than this probably not the type of movie for you. I have a strong stomach.

If we talk about the acting, than like always Gong Yoo shines in my eyes a little brighter, than anyone else. But hands of to the child actors. It's not easy to do roles like that. And they were all amazing. And I think for the first time - ever since i started watching korean shows - I wasn't looking at Gong Yoo but the child actors.
And that's saying something.

The ending. Probably a lot of people will not like it. But I think is was perfect because it is based on a real event. And things were still happening than.

I think one should try to watch it. And this type of movies widens our perspective.
The Unborn Child
Feb 6, 2017
Well I thought it will be a really scary movie considering the trailer and everything. And it was for the first 15 minutes. I guess after that it just went down and down in a very bad way.

The cast tried. But the story was most disappointing one. Because how could a actor act when there is nothing happening with the story or the plot. It's not their fault.

Just disappointed. Could read more had been better, a lot better but it wasn't.
Tomorrow With You
Mar 5, 2017
Edited.

From the moment I heard about this I know it will be something different. And I wasn't disappointed. First thing first. 'Tomorrow with you' isn't like the other dramas. It doesn't has much actions on it. Doesn't has those iconic scenes in it or isn't quick paced. Or isn't much in the melodrama department.
But it just hits this spots in your heart. And you feel warm and fuzzy.
'Tomorrow with read more you' is that type of drama.

The story... is beautiful. It's a slow paced love story that will just make you go 'Aww'. Love the fact that they go back in forth from future and present. It creates this mystery that makes this drama so good. And unique.
It's not just a love story with time traveling in it as a prop but the story actually resolves around it. Adding more mystery, drama, lot's of drama in it.
And then there are the fluffy moments that will make you smile. Just smile.
Also the stories inside of it. Ki Doong's love story. Donk Shik (Ajushi) who is he? And how this all goes with the big picture.

I personally loved the story. All the aspect of it.

For the cast, I love the chemistry between Shin Min Ah as Song Ma Rin & Lee Je Hoon as Yoo So Joon. The scenes of them together were so cute and sweet and intense. The kiss scenes are fire!

Every time Shin Min Ah's character Ma Rin asked, 'Where did mine go?'
I would smile like a fool. Literally.

And then there was Kang Ki Doong playing by his name and Park Joo See playing Se Yeong. Love their characters.

The awesome friendship of Ma Rin & Ki Doong.
This is the first time I saw the lead female bonding with her husbands friend. They just gossip about So Joon. And it's so cute.

The music.
I don't even care about any of the other OST's in this drama except Seo In Guk's 'Flower' . That song will make you go crazy. It is such a beautiful song. Just beautiful. Listen to Seo In Guk's Flower it alone will convince you to watch this drama.

Overall is a beautiful slow paced story, unfolding in front of you. Even though some will think that it's boring because of it. I disagree. It's soothing. And It's by Tvn. Form my short time in the k-drama world I understood that Tvn dramas are well thought out dramas that will make you really invest in them.

So watch this. Now!