YueofBlueGables

Boku, Unmei no Hito desu
Jun 27, 2017
I am sad that this lovely dorama had low ratings. As fan of NwP, I think this was a wonderful reunion. Kame's and Yamapi's roles were perfect for them, and I could feel that they had fun working together again. I much prefer Kame in this kind of role: honest, a bit enthusiastic, hard-working, a bit silly, a bit naive. Kinda like his character in "One Pound Gospel", only less, LESS, enthusiastic. read more And Yamapi, dead-fish-eyes Yamapi, whom I don't really like (although I can't hate either, since he is so calm, and, well, nice), was lovely as GOD. Anyway, both of them were perfect in their roles, and their scenes together were so enjoyable to watch.

Maybe Horikita Maki has retired, but Kimura Fumino looked a bit like Maki (in my opinion) in this dorama. It may be her short hair. It may be her high cheekbones and sweet smile. From certain angles, she looked like Maki.

I don't understand why some people say she was frustrating in the first couple of episodes. I think any girl, especially any girl with bad experience in love, would be wary of any guy, no matter how cute or honest he looks, who approaches her and tells her he is her destiny. It is expected of the girl to be cautious, to be in doubt. If she agreed to be with him from the very beginning, I would have thought she was too naive and easy.

The story has the perfect amount of friendship (Makoto and his "rival", Haruko and Mitsue), good comradeship (Makoto and GOD, Makoto and his boss, Makoto and his coworkers), a nice rival (who is not really a rival, and who is just one of the nicest guys ever), present parents (who are there for their daughter). I liked the different tasks Makoto had to do, since it all served for a reason.

I am not satisfied with the ending. I was left with a "this is it??". I think there should be a SP. There HAS to be.

I love the OP and ED sequences. The dance was cute, and the song is pretty. I also like Yamapi's smirk when both of them are sitting in the couch, in the ED sequence. Only that, that same smirk is somewhat bittersweet in the final episode :(
Juhan Shuttai!
Apr 21, 2017
What a lovely dorama! The plot was super interesting, I love all the characters, the setting was so mabushii, so bright and colorful and clean.

The story is a very engaging one: the world of mangas and mangaka. To be more precise, the world of editors. They also have to struggle, not only the mangaka do. They need to take care of the mangaka, give them advice, move here to there. There read more are also moments of tears and frustration. Editors need to walk along the mangakas, they need to be there for them all the time and built a trust, which is fundamental.

Since I am a big fan of BAKUMAN, it was impossible not to link them both. One is from the Mangaka's POV, the other one is from the Editorial's POV. I looked everywhere to read the manga Juhan Shuttai, but unfortunately is not translated :( It really is a heart-warming story, and the art is so cute, especially chibi Kokoro, who looks a lot like dear Sawako from "Kimi ni Todoke".

The cast was marvelous. I was familiar with most of the secondary characters only; more specifically, the mangakas (Mikurayama-sensei, Takahata-sensei...). And of course, Namase Katsuhisa-san. But this is the first time I see Kuroki Haru (Kokoro) and although I've seen some photos of him, this is my first time watching Odagiri Joe (Iokibe-san). I am not sure which one of these 2 were my favorites! Kokoro was the typical bright, positive girl, but she was far from annoying and stupid. Her motto was "Gambaremassu" and she motivated a couple of characters, like emo mangaka-to-be Nakata-kun, and poor, nice Koizumi-kun, whose professional life was a bit depressing at first, but once he was motivated, everything changes for him for better. It was really touching. Impossible not to like a girl with that kind of enthusiasm! Also my first time seeing Sakaguchi Kentaro, who is a real sweetheart! His smile is so adorable, and he acts really well! Can't believe his filmography is so short; he acts like a pro and ten million times than veterans!

**sighs** Odagiri Joe... I've read some lists before were he was mentioned, like "more kissable lips" or whatever, but have never paid him any attention. My, I was so impressed with this guy. Let's talk first about his role. Iokibe-san is one of the coolest guy I've seen in a dorama. Super nice, real intelligent, a perfect mentor, a humble editor, a nice guy, a kind co-worker, a capable editor. Only once he shouts in the whole dorama, otherwise, he speaks with a calm, soothing voice. No wonder Kokoro admired him so much! If I were her, I would have probably fallen in love with him. Because not only he was the nicest guy and mentor, he also looks real good! Glasses and man-bun, perfect combination! With some facial hair, the cherry on top. Sure, some of his shirts were, errr, colorful, but he looked like a model! I loved him and I am glad Episode 9 was more or less about him.

Clothes were colorful, specially in Kokoro's case. Some of her skirts were a bit old-fashioned, but overall her clothes matched her character: young, happy and bright. Editor Mibu was always wearing T-shirts with food drawings on them (I love this actor, he is so funny!), Yasui-san was always wearing stripped sweaters, Takahata-san always in Adidas outfits, Nakata-san always in dark sweatsuits and Koizumi was always in suit. I love that even the clothes were important to the story, every detail meant something!

The sountrack was lovely, and the ending song was ok. But my favorite thing is that it is an inspirational dorama. If you love something, you give it all, like Kokoro did, and for that, she was rewarded at the end. I laughed many times, but I also cried a couple of times. There wasn't a single episode that was boring or dragging, I loved it from Ep. 1 to 10, and I wish it was longer! Nevertheless, it has a perfect ending, because it wasn't really an ending.. more like a beginning :D

I recommend this dorama a hundred times Top quality, top cast, excellent story, I loved it!
JIN
May 19, 2017
Amazing drama. AMAZING. I was hooked from the very beginning. And what it is best, the last 3 or 2 episodes are not boring or dragging at all (something that I've been dealing with with the last doramas I've watched). Everything was excellent in this dorama. Excellent.

This is the first time I see a period drama (a Japanese period drama, that is). I learned so much. First, this character, Sakamoto Ryoma, read more who is one of Japan's hero (although you would not believe it in this show... he was more like a comedy relief, but I've read some text about him to be more informed). And then, their life styles. This is the 1862 year.

Top-notch things about this wonderful dorama:

- Cast: many familiar faces, but also some new ones. Ayase Haruka has never failed me. She is amazing in everything she does. I think I will like whatever she is in. She plays the daughter of an important family, and she wants to be a doctor (which was not possible in that time, for a woman). Needless to say, she looked gorgeous as Saki-sama, in her kimono and fancy hairdo. Her brother is Koide Keisuke, another actor that has never failed me. He may be a little to tamed here, but I liked him so much he could have said two words in the entire show and I would have still liked him. Other actor that I've recently started to like is Kiritani Kenta (as the doctor Saburi). He has such a funny face, and boy he can act! He was wonderful as the new doctor who practiced his studies with prostitutes. And then it is Nakatani Miki, as Miki and the courtesan Nokaze. WOW, what a pretty, elegant lady. I have seen her only in one movie ("Densha Otoko") and I wasn't impressed. She was too plain, in looks and in acting. Boy did I change my mind! She is beautiful, she moved me with her acting as both Nokaze and Miki. She was so elegant and lady-like as the courtesan. Everything, from her voice to her little movements, were majestic. OMG, even her little feet were elegant. I love her smile, I can't believe I once thought she was plain.

The new faces, for me, were first, Ozawa Takao as Jin. Excellent his role as the doctor. I don't think I will be able to see him in another role, he WAS Dr. Jin. He traveled in time, from present time to Edo time. It was not hard to put into his shoes. Everything he did -every life he saved, every person he met- could change history, and he was afraid of it. But more than anything, he was a doctor, so of course he changed perspectives; his and the people he met. I could understand why two strong females, like Saki and Nokaze, fall in love with him. He was just, he was kind, he was skillful. On the other hand, I could not take sides. I loved Saki, she was an independent woman who was interested in medicine. I loved Nokaze, who had a very sad past and wanted her freedom. I loved Miki, Nokaze's great-great-great-granddaughter and present girlfriend. I could understand why Jin was so aware of the little photograph he took with him (where he and Miki were posing. With every change he made into history, the photograph changed). I don't know how this will end... and although I hate love triangles -or love squares- I wish Jin all the happiness and wisdom to chose a woman among these wonderful women.

At first I thought the actor had a funny face... a bit weird, since his eyes are very apart. But with every laugh I liked him more. He had those tiny wrinkles that made him attractive, he has a nice body and nice teeth. On the other hand, he has a huge Adam's apple (is it weird to take notice of that??)

The actor who played Dr. Ogata was also wonderful. First time I see this man. He did a good job playing the most important doctor in this little town. I was moved by his tears. And I was convinced of his importance and intelligence.

The little boy... waaa, I had tears in my eyes when he was crying for his mother. At first I thought he was a bit annoying and not a good actor, but he proved me wrong with the scene with his mother.

Oh, and Kohinata Fumiyo has a small role as well! He was, of course, wonderful. WOW the number of roles he played so far! One of the most prolific Japanese actors.

The man who played Ryoma-san was good, first time I see him. I just did not like his role that much, mainly because of the way he talked, and also because I just couldn't make up my mind that a guy like him has been the most important guy in Japan history. He was just too... he took things like a joke, which is fine of course, but as Ryoma-san... not so much I guess.

- Setting: the backgrounds were beautiful. The houses -so Japanese-, the gardens! The little red district... the trees! Houses were wide and so clean.

- Costumes: Saki's kimonos and Nokaze's... O_O WOW, beyond gorgeous. Their hairstyles, Nokaze's high shoes, her make-up. I loved one of Saki's kimono which was pink. Or another that was blue with little flowers. Scratch that, I loved ALL her kimonos! From the top of their heads to their tiny feet... everything was pretty.

- The surgeries: I am one of those people that cannot see blood... and since Jin is a doctor who has to perform surgeries -brain surgery, skin surgery, breast surgery...- everything looked very real. I was like O_O OMG. And of course, praying that Jin could save his or her life. It did not always happen -obviously- but I was so happy when he did.

- Soundtrack: the ending song not so much. But the opening and the one that accompanied the most important scenes (by Takami Yu). It was sweet and a bit sad and just beautiful. I loved it and I am currently searching it to have it on my playlist. One of my favorite dorama songs.

Before I decided to watch it, I've read several reviews in order to decide. Most of the reviews said that the end was not good. I think it was good, a bit of a cliffhanger but not a life-or-death problem. It ended like it was supposed to end. Some get their happy ending, some get a HFN. A perfect way to continue a 2nd season, but for people who did not like it so much, it can also end here.

Rewatch value is 100% since I have watched it already twice.
Rich Man, Poor Woman
May 12, 2017
I may not be made for silly rom-com. Cute rom-com, yes. And unfortunately, due many things, this drama, although it is realistic in some aspects, it is also very silly in the romance section. I have always looked at this drama with reserve yet with curiosity, and after the lovely "We Married as a Job", I wanted to watch another cute rom-com.

**SLIGHT SPOILERS**

Story: (5.5/10) on paper, everything looked good. The read more company was interesting, the fact that the hero is a genious who started from nothing and became this rich, intelligent, powerful president of the company was interesting. I didn't feel the "bromance" of Tohru and Asahina till the very last episode. It is understandable that Asahina was green with envy; too bad he reacted the way he did, but I liked that Tohru forgave him very quickly, and was only hurt in like, 2 episodes. The story of Makoto, on the other hand... that she gave that fake identity (his mother's name) was low but luckily, that was resolved quickly and also, Tohru forgave her pretty quickly. That is the best quality of Tohru, he wasn't a resentful person.

On the other hand, the romance... First of all, i hate love triangles, which there are (2) in this drama. Tohru and Makoto like each other, but Asahina sister likes Tohru and Asahina brother likes Makoto. Fortunately, Asahina sister (Yoko) is not an evil bitch, she is actually mature, nice and likes Makoto. Unfortunately, she kisses him twice, while Makoto gets one kiss only in the entire drama. WHAT.

Asahina brother (Kosuke) isn't really in love with Makoto, thank Heavens. He just likes her, and I think he kind of wants her only because he sees Tohru is interested in her.

About Tohru and Makoto... omg, terrible romance. The same kind that happens in HYD, only that Makoto is not strong nor has any personality as Makino has. Tohru is such a jerk with her! Treats her like an inferior, mocks her constantly, belittles her career, her ability in other stuffs. Thinks of her as "idiot" only because she can't find any job and because she is not the genius he is. Still, she likes him since Day 1. Why? I can't see any redeemable quality about him except maybe for the last episodes. There is one scene (Episode 8 I think) where both Asahina and Tohru yell at her in the meeting room, telling her that she is worthless and won't work with them anyway starting next week. And she just stays there, weeping and not saying anything. Ugh! Made me furious. I almost quit after that.

Seriously, it is HER that does most of the work, trying to get closer to him. And what does he do? Push her aside, most of the times. Laugh AT her, most of the times. Only when he is left in ruin, after Asahina's treason, he sees her value. Bastard!

The last 3 episodes are the best, since Tohru acts more like a human instead of a monster. Same with Asahina. But nevertheless, Tohru still got on my nerves... why the hell he looks for her after she says goodbye to the company and disappears? He goes to her natal town, he runs from here to there looking for her, finally finds her, and what, does he tells her he loves her? Heck no, again to square one. What an idiot.

So yeah, the romance is terrible. If I were Makoto I would have stopped crying since Episode 1 (she does cry a lot) and avoid this guy. But well, no wonder I am still single **shrugs** Also, I hate that, after struggling to get a proper job for a long time, she quits it all to be with him. By doing what? Copies. WTH, she has a degree on lab analysis or whatever her career is, and she wastes a couple of oportunities just to be with an asshole who doesn't treat her like she deserves (until the very end). On the other hand, there are no boring, dragging moments. It is easy to watch (except maybe for the occasions where you want to punch the guy and shake the girl)

Cast: (9/10) the cast is good. The match between Oguri Shun and Ishihara Satomi is nice. I like that both of them are black-haired, and that he is so much taller than her (she is no midget). Everybody was good, I can't complain. My favorite maybe me Aibu Saki (Yoko) but that's only because her character was nice, and likeable while being the rival. (I've read bad comments about her only because she was the rival and kissed Tohru twice... like WTH? She likes him too, he likes her, he is single, why can't she try? And once she realizes she doesn't stand a chance, she steps aside... Is she a whore because of that? Ugh)

Oh, and criminal-face Ayano Go has a small role. He is a stupid bastard in this one, no wonder XD Not evil, but a bitch. Suits him so well, once again. I am impressed by this guy, truly.

Music: (6/10) There is only one, and it is repeated over and over and over again, till you can't listen to it anymore. Still, it suits the drama, giving it a fun, girly, anime-ish feeling.

Cinematography: (9/10) the office is so spacious and vibrant, we get to see also the beautiful streets of Tokyo. The colors are nice, catchy, and clothes are pretty (Makoto's style is specially beautiful, very Japanese-like with the neat blouse and big skirts).

Overrated IMO.
1 Litre no Namida
May 12, 2017
I read some reviews; most of them said that "they cried a litre of tears" while watching this dorama. Now, I love to cry when I read/watch inspiring/touching story, but I don't do it necessarily all the time. So I doubted I was going to with this dorama, with all the hype. And it turned out the title is not misleading at all. There was a constant runny nose during the whole read more 45minutes, especially around episode 5. This dorama is beautiful, touching, sweet, and everything that is positive. Sawajiri Erica is a wonderful actress (I only heard about her after "her scandal"). She has a beautiful smile, and when she cries, you will cry. In spite of her terrible disease, she smiles to encourage herself and her family. I was so mad and sad in the episode where she talks to her classmates... I dare anyone not to cry in this one.

At first I was not impressed with Ryo; he seemed to sullen and with one expression only. Besides, I've read his character was made-up; he did not exist in the real Aya's life. But eventually, I warmed towards him, and the few times he cried, it was impossible not to be moved; by his tears (my, one tear after another; he can really cry) and by this doomed love. Honestly, most of the times, I am never moved by doomed loves, but it was an exception with Aya and Asou-kun. Every time they were together I was thinking "why? why can't they be happy?".

My favorites actresses were (besides Sawajiri Erika, of course) Yakushimaru Hiroko as the mother and Narumi Riko as Ako, the sister. Poor mother, she has to face this disease with a encouraging smile for her daughter, and she had to gave in many things. I can't imagine her pain. She was the first to notice that her daughter had a problem, she was the first to know the terrible truth, and she had to stand up in school against selfish parents.

As for Ako, who is a tsundere, was a supportive younger sister, and the episode where she talks to her brother (who was ashamed to have a disabled sister) was beyond moving (I had a big lump in my throat... to be honest, that lump did not go away for the entire 11 episodes).

I love this story. I love the soundtrack (all songs, including the one that the students sing twice). Each episode ended with the words of the real Aya, taken out from her diary, + pictures of her in school, in bed, in her wheelchair; with her family, friends...

Highly recommended. And be prepared to shed multiple tears.
May 8, 2017
According to the recommendations in MDL, this one is similar to "Juhan Shuttai", which I can totally understand. It is about work and the heroine being inspired by it and inspire people around her.

I think Ishihara Satomi was spectacular as Konno Ecchan. She has that bubbly personality that fits the character. Her laughs always made me laugh, they are so silly and contagious. Her clothes were beautiful and fit her like read more glove. I love the various hairstyles and accessories she wears throughout the episodes. Since I am a huge fan of nail art, I was a bit disappointed to see that her nails were simple done, nothing fancy. I get that her character is based on a girl who loves fashion, but it was also a bit unrealistic that she wears a different outfit every day, wears a different piyamas every day, and has a elaborated hairstyle every day. Oh well, at least she repeats the shoes...

But more than anything, I liked how hard she worked (even though Proofreading wasn't her vocation) and how her work inspired her co-workers to give it all. Maybe Proofreading is a bit tedious, and I don't think it involves all the research they did, but I wanted so much to work in that Editorial, it looked so much fun. Reading books and researching, to check that all facts were correct. With a calm work group and a nice boss. What more to ask??

There is more romance than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't watch this for it (in my humble opinion, I think she falls for the wrong guy...not that he is a jerk, quite the contrary, he is the nicest, but she has more chemistry with another guy). The beauty of this show is the characters and the the motivation to and for work.

I loved the OP sequence and song, catchy and fun and kinda girly.
Nakuna, Hara-chan
I am going to miss watching "Nakuna, Hara-chan". I am going to miss Akkun, Makihiro, Laughing Old Man, Yuki. I am going to miss listening to their song. This dorama is so full of heart! I loved it, the story and the characters and the soundtrack, and the little town, and everything.

First episode was ok; to me, the weakest one. But Ep. 2 and the next, and the next, were all read more wonderful. Nagase Tomoya was excellent as Hara-chan. He is, in this drama, like a Japanese Jim Carrey. The way he runs, the way he laughs, the way he smiles... He is handsome but at the same time, goofy, which suits the character. The weakest character, for me, was Echizen-san, or "Kamisama", the mangaka. Not only she was a bit bland (but relatable) but the actress, Aso Kumiko, pouts a lot and I hate pouts. On the other hand, she has a sweet smile, and sometimes she looked like an older Gakky.

My favorite episodes were with the manga-characters and their first contact with the world. There was something innocent and sweet in all of these scenes, and the reason why the audience would fall in love with each of them. I loved their thumbs down. And Hara-chan smile :) The setting was lovely, albeit a bit empty. I wonder if there is a meaning for that. And also, what was the meaning of Tama-chan as a manga-character.

I love the OST. Ending song is by TOKIO, and also the nice melody that plays along the scenes. However, and this may sound strange since it is a children's song, my favorite was "Watashi no Sekai". Mostly because it IS the drama; we hear it in the opening song, but also, Hara-chan and his gang love to sing it when they are happy. The song is a bit like "It's a Small World": it is happy but also sad. It is nostalgic and sweet. The lyrics are meaningful, basically "Just let me be. We are all different. This is my life and that is yours". A bit depressing, but real.

The message of the dorama is to love yourself, to value your existence. To value your friends and family. Manga is a wonderful world, but eventually you have to live your own life. I wouldn't hesitate to re-watch it, how knows, maybe I would even love Ep. 1 as much as I did the rest. A hidden gem.
Uso no Senso
Stories about revenge are the best when they are well done, and this dorama executed it perfectly. I love that all members that are involved in the revenge (the guilty part, the vengeful one) have surnames that start with a number. I think it was a wonderful detail, starting with the MC (Ichinose Koichi), then with the leader of the killings (Nishina) and his minions (Rokutanda, Nanao, etc).

The story was sooo read more good. In every chapter, something is going on. Koichi getting closer to the family, in order to get the one who ordered Koichi's family to be killed. Getting his revenge on the minions who murdered his family, on the one who almost killed him, on the detective who pressured him when Koichi was just 9 years-old to lie that his father was the one who murdered the whole family. When it looks like the villains are almost catching up with him, Koichi has an ace up his sleeve. I love when the MC is wittier and quicker than the villain. He was perhaps a bit ruthless, but I couldn't help but empathize with him.

Kusanagi was excellent as Koichi. You could feel the rage in him, and if it weren't for that tragic past, he would be a good guy. He was satisfied when he could have his revenge, but with those tears, you can only wonder if he was also a bit sad. Ichimura as the main villain was perfectly cast. He does wonder in this kind of role. And all his children were excellent as well. In conclusion, the Nishina family was perfect.

That ending was O_O WOW. A whole 10/10 for me!

Honestly I don't remember the music, that's why I rate it 9. I was just too engrossed with the story.

I am not sure if this would be a re-watch for me, since you can't compare watching this kind of story for the first time with watching it for a second time. Nevertheless, if someone asked me to watch it with her/him, I'll gladly do it, since I can't recommend this dorama enough.

... I can't believe that this hasn't more viewers and reviewers. This deserves more recognition in MDL, highly recommended.
Kodoku no Gurume
Jun 6, 2017
For anyone who likes to watch Gourmet channels and/or Travel shows, this would be highly enjoyable and recommended. It doesn't really have a plot: Goro-san has a job that is related to importation goods, so he goes here and there to meet his clients. That takes around 3 minutes of the show. Then he walks down the neighborhood where he is visiting, makes some remarks about the place, while we the audience read more can enjoy beautiful sights of the Japanese town. There are mostly in Tokyo, but he also visits the outside, like Chiba. That takes around 3 minutes as well.

Then, he suddenly stops and makes a funny expression. "Ah... I am hungry". Zoom out, zoom out, with a funny OST. This happens all the time, and after that, he goes looking for a restaurant/dining, which is mostly a familiar, cozy, simple one. He orders his food.. it is always different, but 99% of the time, one of his side dish would be rice. Goro-san loves rice (there is an episode where he even eats his Neapolitan spaghetti with rice!). Actually, he loves any kind of food. He is the happiest man on Earth when he is eating. While he is eating, internally he is commenting about his food. ""Ii janaika", is mostly his remark XD He loves it, he is so happy to have picked THAT place and THAT food. And how he eats! You wonder how such a skinny man can eat so much and be that thin. Sometimes he orders 2, 3 different things. And he eats so fast, even when the food is super hot.

The last 3 minutes is the author of the dorama going to the same dining and eating almost always the same food. My, how happy his author is! You can't help but be happy with him, he is 100% smiles.

I loved this, I realized I had to have my dinner first before watching an episode, since all dishes are mouthwatering.

Recommended specially to people who is going to visit Japan and are looking for places to eat. The restaurants Goro-san visits are real; the rest are all actors.
Date - 2015 Natsu Hito
May 31, 2017
I loooooved the SP! Not only it was sweet, but it was very romantic. The cherry on the top, since the dorama lacks (for me) the romance. I ended loving both characters together. I love that the main theme in the SP was jealousy, since it just shows the audience that Yabushita loves Taniguchi. A lovely mismatched couple :)

All the gang is back except for Kaori (the actress was pregnant at read more that time), but she is supposed to be there too **giggles**, it's only her voice (is it?) and a picture of a new Kaori, blond and all (it is not the same actress, but it shows so fast so people can only wonder).

I teared up a little bit with Yabushita-san remembering his wife (they loved each other so much **sobs**) and when Yuriko and Taniguchi were in the abandoned little hut. There are only like 3 times in total, counting both dorama and SP, where Yuriko cries, and all these times were touching.

And I don't know if it is because it was the last time I was going to see them, but I kind of liked the song at the end. The OST was so sweet as well.

A perfect sequel for the dorama. Actually, it feels like Episode 11. It is a MUST! for people who loved the dorama.
Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Apr 27, 2017
If I had to choose my favorite Japanese show I would have to say it is ZSK. I loved it, I love it and I will always love it. Geez, I was loving it before I watch it (due the screen-caps and all I've read about it). My first Sentai. And, at least for a long time, my last Sentai. Because I loved this so much I don't think I will bear read more to watch another one without my favorite cast.

What is so great about this show?

**Cast/Actors**
I don't think I have ever watched a show with such a colorful characters. Sure they may be the stereotypical ones -the energetic one, the funny, one, the playboy one, etc- but it worked. And most of them had a story going on, so we get to know them. It is funny because I was reading this forum in tokunation after I finished the episodes, and there was some really heavy discussion about Daigo being "too perfect". I wasn't bothered by it in the least. In fact, to me it made perfect sense, and I will say why.

Because to me, the characters of ZSK were based on "One Piece".

Huh? Some will say. And no, I am not a OP hardcore fan. Yes I like it, but not to the point of seeing resemblance to OP in every corner. Only in ZSK I felt that way, and only regarding the personality of characters. For example:

- Daigo/Luffy: both are "Red" and the leader of the team. Both are very energetic and also very excited about everything (battles, their nakamas, etc). Daigo's outfit, especially the red vest, is very similar to Luffy's vest. Most of the battles are won by Daigo/Luffy.

- Ian/Sanji: both are the "playboy" of the team. Ian is Black; Sanji always wears a black suit. Both of them have part of their bang falling above their left eye.

- Souji/Zoro: both are good at sword. Souji is Green, while Zoro has green hair and mostly green outfit. Both are serious and don't talk much. Souji did not get along with Ian at first; Zoro and Sanji are constantly fighting. Souji lives in a dojo; Zoro grew up in one until he decided to go out to become the best at sword.

- Nossan/Ussop: both have curly black hair. Nossan is known for telling old man's jokes; Ussop is known for lying. Both are the comic relief of their respective series. Nossan is the Blue K.; Ussop wears wrist-bands that have blue on them. But most of the times, Nossan wears pants and shoes of the same color as Ussop's outfit.

- Amy/Nami: even their names sound similar. Both are kind of tomboys girls; Amy is a rich girl while Nami loves money the most. Both of them are the only girl in the team for a long time.

- Uchy/Chopper: both of them are "different" from the others (Uchy because he comes from another time; Chopper because he is a talking-animal). Both are cute and very innocent.

- Yayoi/Robin: both are the last girl to join; both are somewhat nerdy. Yayoi is Violet K.; Robin wears violet clothes.

So that's it. These are my thoughts about the resemblances. Not much, but episode after episode I couldn't help but comparing both of them.

I looooove the actors. I was impressed by Daigo's energy. Man, that actor was the most energetic MC or what! Even when he was dancing it was with all his might. All of them were really good at fighting; Amy knew how to cry, and man, that Saito Syusuke (Ian) is the most handsome Japanese guy or what! All in all, I have to admit that, although I love everyone of them (not only the Kyoryugers, but everyone! From Candelira to the weakest monster) my favorites were Uchy, Ian and Nossan. I love that, although Ian and Daigo and Souji are young boys, they do not look girly, nor too boyish, but men. Which is something that bothers me about the next Sentai show (Resshai something... TOQrangers or similar). The red ranger looks like a girl! And I saw in some videos that he even wears lipstick... I can't imagine Daigo or Ian or Souji putting themselves lipstick... which, all in all, make them manly even though they are super young.

**Story**
It wasn't complicated, it did not have many twists but it was enjoyable, all 30 minutes of it. Definitely a show for either kids or adults. Or kids AND adults. It wasn't only about the Kyoryugers defeating the bad guys: it was also about Daigo and his father; about Ian looking for revenge (and that last scene with Aigaron was touching or what!); Souji attempting to be a better swordman; Nossan trying to hide from his sister that he was a Kyoryuger. I love that Candelira and Luckiero weren't bad and have their HEA. I love the little tease between Candelira and Nossan. I love the Spirit Rangers.

**Opening and ending sequence**
May be the first time I watched the entire show (all 48 episodes of it) from beginning to end. I LOVE the songs; they are so energetic! Wait, am I repeating the word "energetic" over and over again? That is because the whole show was full of energy! It doesn't have a single dull moment, and the opening and ending sequence may be the most excited of all. I love the little kids, and newly-married couple, and basically, everyone that dance at the end. I've read that some sentai heroes from other shows also appeared dancing at the end; isn't that just too cool?

**Henshin!**
What at awesome transformation! With a samba dance. It was so funny and so much fun, to watch the 6 Kyoryugers dancing and shout "fire!" to become Kyoryugers. And when it needed to happen, also when Yayoi, and Torin, and the old guys, had to dance as well. I love that the Henshin is included in the little dance at the end.

**Everything that is MECCHA and whatever**
Ok, so I am not really an expert in that area, but it was so much fun the gun + the little pills to transform and fight, and the meccha part (where all parts of a dinosaur join together to become a gigantic robot). Ahh the memories! When I used to watch Power Rangers, the American edition, when I was younger...

I did not want the series to end :( I can't believe 48 episodes went to fast. Luckily I still have 3 more movies, but still :( Super recommended
The Queen's Classroom
Jul 7, 2017
Well, well, well.... To me this was the best school drama out there. Yes, better than Gokusen, than Dragon Sakura, better than GTO. We have a competent teacher (female counterpart of Abe Hiroshi) and who at the same time, is always there for her students (like Yankumi and Oniizuka). Why it tops the others: this teacher is ZERO cheesiness. This teacher is severe and maybe lacks warm, but even her colleagues can read more see that she is a good teacher. Her colleagues are responsible and not idiotic. And the top on the cherry: her students are middle school children, instead of angsty teenagers. And in spite of being younger, this is the least childish school drama I've seen. It is really a very unpredictable dorama, which also depicts the education and consecuently, professional life, of the Japanese people. Maya may be harsh, but her methods of teaching is what at least I expect from a teacher: severity, a teacher who is there to guide her students, not to be friends with them.

There were many heartwarming moments in this dorama. It may look like it is going to be a dark story.. and it was sometimes, but only a little. Mostly of how it was filmed. I love the direction of this dorama. The change of lights whenever Maya was near. I love how it was filmed from below to make her seem more impressive, scarier.

Finally! I watched Amami Yuki in a dorama. She was imposing, elegant, lady-like, yet terrifying. Always mysterious, never cartoonish. The female version of Snape. Is she a bully? Is she a good person? On the other hand, Shida Mirai was by far the best child actor. Her tears were so good. Her cute face so adorable. I believed her character, and I never felt she was acting. It was like she was Kazumi, with that silly yet cute "tee-hee" expression. The other child actress that was very good was the one who played Shindo-san. Looked like an anime-character too. And maybe the top student, Nishikawa, was also good. All the other children were ok, some of them even MEH. Kaho was excellent as the older sister, as always. Made me cry a little bit with all her love for her sister. I love her relationship with Kazumi. A protective teenager of her little sister? Who was always there for her. I think I've never seen this kind of normal, yet heartwarming sibling relationship in a dorama yet.

The ED sequence was so good, I always watched it with a smile on my face. Amami Yuki moves so elegantly, she looked like a 90's Pop Princess.
Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo
Jun 21, 2017
If I had to choose one color to describe this dorama, it would be PINK.

If I had to choose a drink, it would be HOT CHOCOLATE (warm and sweet).

If I had to choose something edible, it would be COTTON CANDY (fluffy).

I had a smile during all the first 12 episodes, it is that cute. The first 12 episodes were the cutest thing I've ever watched. I disagree with people read more saying that Naoki was an ass (ok he was, but he wasn't harmful, unlike **coughHyuugafromRMPWandDomyoujifromHYDcough**) and Kotoko certainly wasn't stupid nor stalker, just a teenager in love (if she was a stalker, I think me and hundreds of girls were/are stalkers in HS).

The love triangles that happen throughout the story were well done and not annoying at all, since nothing happens. Kin-chan is the sweetest second lead character I've seen so far, and it was hard not to root for him. But since Kotoko was my favorite character, and everything that made her happy was Naoki, I just had to root for Irie-kun, even if it was hard to do. Like in the final 4 episodes,which were by far my least favorite episodes and the reason I downgraded my rating.

I absolutely ADORED Miki Honoka as Kotoko. Any other actress would have made the character a silly, pathetic one. But thanks to Honoka, Kotoko is the most adorable heroine I may have seen in a dorama. So cute, so bubbly, so charming, so charismatic. Her expressions were so funny, so adorable. Her different hairstyles, her imperfect eyebrows... everything about her scream KAWAII.

Furukawa was good as well, since he didn't have to show much in his expressions, but my, he showed so much in his eyes. I only wished he wasn't that skinny, because he had the perfect height, and of course, a perfect English accent.

The only actor who wasn't so good was Sudo-sempai. He overacted too much, like an anime character. Like Oscar from Hana Kimi, only that in this dorama it looked ridiculous. Naoki's mother overacted a lot as well, but it suited the moment.

I LOVED the OP song and opening sequence. So cute.

As soon as I finished it, I wanted to watch it all over again. I am missing them so much, and it has only been a couple of days! No doubt I'll re-watch this. Very recommended **hearts**
Surely Someday
Jun 5, 2017
This movie has SHOUNEN written all over it. A group of childhood friends, an old crush from their childhood days, running, performing in a band, going thru dangerous moments... The pace is fast, things happen all the time, many fun cameos (most of them I didn't know beforehand, so I was pleasantly surprised, saying over again "what! that one too!" Oguri Shin sure does have a lot of friends...)

The comedy is read more minimal but the story was fun. It is more dramatic since the yakuza boss is no joke. But I feel like the actors had a lot of fun filming this movie, they have a lot of chemistry, and I love their friendship. The only one that overacted a little bit was the one playing Kyohei. The other 3 guys are my favorite actors anyway, they are always good. I mean, even I who knows that Ayano Go is NO IKEMEN thought he was pretty awesome here. His "killer glance" was believable, haha. It could be his hair? He looked good here. Suzuki Ryohei looked lovely silly and Koide looked cuter than ever. And Muro playing a student **giggles** All of them, actually. It was hilarious.

The role of the main girl was meaningful, thank God. Usually, in shounen movies, like "CROWS ZERO", seems like they add a female role just to have some pretty girl among so much testosterone. Thankfully, Misa-chan was important to the story. Without her, there wouldn't be any story, more or less.

Mini-reunions: Stresseman, as the father of Masami-chan XD, and Makino with 2 of the F4 (I bet MatsuJun would have loved to be in this movie, if there were any chance), Kai and Maho (from "Orange Days").

I am looking for a copy with better quality. The one I watched was lowsy, I barely could recognize Oguri Shun. The sound was a bit off as well, so I don't remember much of the music, except the one they perform in the last minutes, which was good (Koide can sing, dear boy!)
Kamoshirenai, Joyuutachi
Jun 5, 2017
Fun and unpredictable. It was a perfect choice to watch it after a movie full of testosterone. It is a light and short movie, each actress narrates her story, what would have been their successful movies and doramas IF she passed X audition (Maki Yoko and Mizukawa Asumi) or called when some agent scouted her in Harajuku (Takeuchi Yuko). All three of them meet and form some sort of bond, two of read more them because of being an actress, two of them because of work, two of them because of a guy.

I wouldn't call it a comedy where you would laugh out loud, but it was entertaining, very slice-of-life-ish. I wonder if Maki Yoko can truly draw? Her work was very charming. And I also think she was the best in the trio, which surprised me since I thought she was too stoic in other works I've seen before. And this is unrelated to the movie, but I liked her voice as well.

The ending was so funny! I mean the outcome of Mizukawa XD