anopinion

Drama Festival 2013: Me and Mom and Dad and Grandma and Anna Review

anopinion
Nov 3, 2016

I was just looking for something to watch and decided to try one of MBC's one-act specials. I chose this one because Seo Ji-hye is in it, and it's surprisingly good.

Every character gets one (or more) section(s) throughout the one-act special to narrate their inner feelings, and each part ends with a punctuation. Unfortunately, I still haven't really gotten the meaning behind the punctuation symbols but hopefully with more time to think (working through my midterms) about it I'll understand their purpose a whole lot better. I quite like how the the story is relayed to the viewers through different points of view, and it's interesting to see how different characters have separate interpretations of what happened. The acting is awesome. Seo Ji-hye is fantastic (and gorgeous), Yang Jin-sung is great as well, and so is the kid. The dad didn't make any sort of impression, but I think that's because of the role rather than his portrayal. The cinematography is good too, really exceeding expectations considering it's a one-act drama. I have to say that MBC's one-act specials seem to be of a higher quality in general compared to KBS', and they are challenging different genres as well which is good to see.

Comments (0)