claudya87

My Fair Lady
10 of 10 people found this review helpful
May 9, 2011
I was surprised by this series. When it started the action was a little slow so I thought that maybe I expected too much from an old show but as the story progresses the action gets better. I also have to add that it shows the imperfections of ones heart. Life cannot be planned, there will always be something to mess our plans on the way..And who knows?! It may be a good thing..
Who Slept with Her
7 of 7 people found this review helpful
May 12, 2011
The movie mostly is based on misunderstandings and a lot of day dreaming. The beautiful teacher is seen as a sex symbol and a trophy especially to a group of students with whom she enters in contact with. This way we can determine the main actors of our story. While the situation is rather amusing mostly because of the decan, it lacks depth remaining rather undeveloped. Still, overall it can be seen as a light comedy.
Sophie's Revenge
6 of 6 people found this review helpful
May 6, 2011
"Sophie's Revenge" is wonderful movie from many aspects. It's a sweet romantic story about a girl who has been dumped by her fiance and tries to win him back by ruining his current relationship. She will team up with a man who she believes was hurt by her "enemy" and apply her silly plans. While the story is not original, the way it unfolds the details and the character of our heroine read more captures our heart. This is a movie perfect for a cozy weekend in bed.
Regatta
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
May 18, 2012
I picked randomly.. I thought Matsuda Shota will make me watch it even if it's bad. I was half wrong as even Shota can't save a mediocre series, but I still finished it.

Story : There is nothing new about giving up a sport because of an incident and then encouraged by someone you decide to try again. The only original thing about it is the regatta part.

Acting : I'm a read more little disappointed by Hayami Mokomichi, he did a lousy job in this series. Still, I'll continue to watch his shows, at least he has potential.

Music : One song that repeats over and over. I like the song but it gets boring after a while.

My advice: Watch it only if you're a fan of the actors or you have nothing better to do with your free time. It's also good for people that like this type of motivational series.
The Incite Mill
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
May 9, 2011
This movie is a lesson of life. What would you be capable to do to survive? What choices would you make? The story is well constructed, the characters seem plausible and the psychological part developed gradually to captivate the audience. You become the detective. And then boom! The surprise element appears.
Love Marriage
11 of 14 people found this review helpful
Dec 18, 2011
I had this series on hold for such a long time that I was reluctant to continue.

Lee Kang Hyun is a couple manager who was at the peak of her carrier but after a fateful encounter with Park Hyun Soo, a divorce lawyer, everything began to crumble before her. When she finally finds a place to start anew she finds out that the "evil lawyer" is working just next door.

The read more story is of course predictable but the characters are not your everyday type. I especially love the two main men : Park Hyun Soo and Yin Kyung Hwan because their antics made me laugh a lot during the show. Lee Kang Hyun's friends give a real feeling with their concern and watching them literally punching someone for her sake gave me a warm feeling inside, I'd love to have friends like hers. I won't say anything about the main actress because she didn't convince me, her character was just too much to bear.

I love the story but the first episodes were a little boring. I'll also add a fluff alert : those of you who don't like cheesy love stories, this series might not be for you!
Stars Falling From the Sky
Jul 7, 2012
I had moments when I liked the series, when I got bored or simply thought that the story was forced. But if we get over the first episodes that are hard to believe there were some funny moments that made me continue. The children were also cute but from my point of view the brothers were the ones who sustained the series.

Story : Was forced most of the times but the read more relationship between the children and the uncles/nephew was fun to watch. I couldn't understand Jae Young's stubbornness and actions and compared to her mother, I actually gave the last more credit. It's strange to say this but for me Pal Kang remained useless from beginning to end. My favourite character was of course Kang Ha who was very complex and offered great scenes. The sibling rivalry was well portrayed and intense.

Acting/cast : I felt that everyone played their roles well. I can't give it a 10 because there were a few flaws, not worth mentioning but still..Also this series lacked chemistry from the main actors, maybe I would've loved the series more if I saw some sparks flying.

Music : So many songs played in this series, a mix of global music. Older, newer, Korean, American, European..all good music.

Rewatch value : To be sincere, I don't plan on rewatching the entire series, maybe just the funny scenes.
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
May 11, 2011
I like how this drama unfolded. At the beginning the action was a little slow and repetitive. No real connection between the characters. Then it becomes interesting. The characters change place and the story gradually advances to a climax.

Also the romance part got me. I was so caught in it that I was smiling/suffering alongside the characters.

As a conclusion..watch the series! It's really read more good.

I'm sure you'll like it.
Sweet Buns
May 9, 2011
It's a sweet series but it has too many episodes. The action is repetitive and slow. The relationship of our two heroes is cute but you'll find yourself feeling sorry for Nam Joon. Ka Ran becomes selfish and president Liu annoying. You'll ask yourself existential questions as to why you continued the series and why is Nam Joon so masochist?! Maybe you'll also enjoy the supportive actors more just so you'll have read more a reason to not get bored.

All in all it gets confusing and you ask God for all the patience in the world so you can finally finish the series. It takes all your might and you're finally done. And guess what? You conclude that you knew the ending all too well and still you wasted so much time.
Temptation of an Angel
12 of 16 people found this review helpful
Feb 28, 2012
I expected something good..as good as Temptation of Wife or even better but I was disappointed by some aspects. The actors did a great job, very convincing, a good choice of actors, but the story lacked a sense of reality. At times I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation and how some events were forced into the storyline. I'm sorry that I can't really give too much details read more but those who saw the series know what I mean.

I couldn't hate the main character, as selfish as she was I preferred watching her evil and calculative nature than Sin Hyeon Wu's transformation. I found Yoon Jae Hee annoying and her story too sugary for my taste. Even after it became clear who will win the battle, I continued to support Ah Ran, not trying to find excuses for her behavior but loving her strong and yet vulnerable character. The end was predictable but it was fair to the story.

I don't regret watching the series, but I'm sure I'm not going to see it again. My conclusion : not a bad series but it could've been better.
Detective K: Secret Of Virtuous Widow
6 of 7 people found this review helpful
May 30, 2011
I just love this movie! The detective is so funny..he is like Jack Sparrow to me : he never means harm but always gets into trouble. The acting is great and the supposedly villain can take your breath away with her beauty.. This is a wonderful combination of silly and funny situations with detective/serious investigations and the result is a must see movie!
Finding Mr. Destiny
7 of 9 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2011
This movie is about the memory of "first love", about feelings that linger in our soul even after many years have past. Seo Ji Woo went to India 10 years ago and met her first love - Kim Jong Ok - with whom she spent a few days with the promise that they'll meet again. Han Gi Joon has just started his company "Finding Your First True Love Company" and the two read more begin their quest of finding her love interest. In the backround we have the world of theatre and I have to say the fealing of "cabaret" caught me even from the begining, I wanted to see more of it. The OST of course is also amazing.
Secret Garden
17 of 27 people found this review helpful
May 13, 2011
I know I\'\'m weirder than most people but still I don\'\'t understand why all the fuss about this series. Is it because of the way Hyun Bin looks like? I won\'\'t judge a story after the grade of hotness an actor has.

I most certainly didn\'\'t enjoy the story. Actually I liked more the supporting casts namely Oska/Seul. I have to say that I also like the main actor - as he read more looks like of course because in the end I\'\'m a superficial person - but I didn\'\'t see any chemistry between him and the main actress. At all. NOT EVEN A BIT !

Love should not be comprehensible and can hit you at any time? :)) Sure, I understand that fact but I refuse to accept it as an excuse for an undeveloped storyline. I may seem harsh and many will curse me under their breath. All I can say is : \"I\'\'ve seen better!\" and those series were unappreciated or not so widely known because no \"star\" played in them.

Amusing scenes? All I saw were actors trying to be funny.
Realness of the story? Of their love? Gradually convincing action? Where? Maybe it all went past me and I missed it.
I don\'\'t like series that don\'\'t convince me of their value and I had to try my best to not drop this one.
Propose Kyodai
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
May 7, 2011
I expected something better so I'm a little disappointed after watching the tanpatsu. All I have to say is that other that exclaiming for the millionth time that Koike Teppei is cute and that Becky has beautiful eyes at least I can appreciate the fact that they tried their best. But the fact is that it could've been better. It had it's funny/dramatic scenes but other than that it was weak.
Ooku
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
May 4, 2011
The movie is great no doubt but it feels a bit rushed. It leaves the feeling that something is missing. I like how the Ohoku is described and how our main hero seems to distinguish himself from the others and yet..I feel some elements are missing, it's like a story constructed on main ideas that are not fully developed.

In dramaland, watching anime