claudya87

Finding Mr. Destiny
7 of 8 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2011
This movie is about the memory of "first love", about feelings that linger in our soul even after many years have past. Seo Ji Woo went to India 10 years ago and met her first love - Kim Jong Ok - with whom she spent a few days with the promise that they'll meet again. Han Gi Joon has just started his company "Finding Your First True Love Company" and the two read more begin their quest of finding her love interest. In the backround we have the world of theatre and I have to say the fealing of "cabaret" caught me even from the begining, I wanted to see more of it. The OST of course is also amazing.
Stars Falling From the Sky
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
Jul 7, 2012
I had moments when I liked the series, when I got bored or simply thought that the story was forced. But if we get over the first episodes that are hard to believe there were some funny moments that made me continue. The children were also cute but from my point of view the brothers were the ones who sustained the series.

Story : Was forced most of the times but the read more relationship between the children and the uncles/nephew was fun to watch. I couldn't understand Jae Young's stubbornness and actions and compared to her mother, I actually gave the last more credit. It's strange to say this but for me Pal Kang remained useless from beginning to end. My favourite character was of course Kang Ha who was very complex and offered great scenes. The sibling rivalry was well portrayed and intense.

Acting/cast : I felt that everyone played their roles well. I can't give it a 10 because there were a few flaws, not worth mentioning but still..Also this series lacked chemistry from the main actors, maybe I would've loved the series more if I saw some sparks flying.

Music : So many songs played in this series, a mix of global music. Older, newer, Korean, American, European..all good music.

Rewatch value : To be sincere, I don't plan on rewatching the entire series, maybe just the funny scenes.
Sweet Buns
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
May 9, 2011
It's a sweet series but it has too many episodes. The action is repetitive and slow. The relationship of our two heroes is cute but you'll find yourself feeling sorry for Nam Joon. Ka Ran becomes selfish and president Liu annoying. You'll ask yourself existential questions as to why you continued the series and why is Nam Joon so masochist?! Maybe you'll also enjoy the supportive actors more just so you'll have read more a reason to not get bored.

All in all it gets confusing and you ask God for all the patience in the world so you can finally finish the series. It takes all your might and you're finally done. And guess what? You conclude that you knew the ending all too well and still you wasted so much time.
Propose Kyodai
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
May 7, 2011
I expected something better so I'm a little disappointed after watching the tanpatsu. All I have to say is that other that exclaiming for the millionth time that Koike Teppei is cute and that Becky has beautiful eyes at least I can appreciate the fact that they tried their best. But the fact is that it could've been better. It had it's funny/dramatic scenes but other than that it was weak.
Me too, Flower!
6 of 8 people found this review helpful
Apr 2, 2012
I'll try not to be harsh as I loved the lead actor. Seo Jae Hui was and remained my favorite character until the end. I have to say that this is my first time watching Yoon Shi Yoon in a series, maybe I should watch King of Baking too. I wasn't a fan of the police woman and most of the times found her annoying. Even her sister was more interesting. Also read more the series is full of cheesiness and was boring at times. Maybe I'm twisted but I enjoyed watching Madam Park, I just love beautiful women, especially if they're powerful. I don't want to talk about detail, story and character development as I'm a little disappointed. The series doesn't offer new elements but tries to work with typical cliches. All in all an average series. I gave it extra points because of Yoon Shi Yoon and Han Go Eun who made the series from my point of view.
Kaiji
4 of 5 people found this review helpful
May 15, 2011
I expected too much from this movie. Actually it\'\'s all about conning. Life is unfair and without knowing you have to do everything you can to survive, calculating every step.
The idea is interesting and the action will capture you. Even the unfairness of it all is at one point unbelievable but foreseeable. And yet you\'\'ll find yourself rooting for him, hopping he\'\'ll win in the end.
The Perfect Couple
6 of 9 people found this review helpful
May 9, 2011
God! I can\'\'t stand the main actress..I find her so annoying. The story is funny and all but I can\'\'t get past the fact that the actress\'\' voice is like the sound of fingernails scraping a chalkboard(she gives me a headache every time she opens her mouth). Also the character she plays doesn\'\'t make her any likable, she\'\'s soooooo rude, no manners at all. I can\'\'t stand people like her. It ruined read more the movie for me. I hope I won\'\'t have the \"luck\" to hear her any time soon. Other than her, the story is good and Lee Dong Wook is as wonderful as ever. Even the supporting actors are doing a good job. If her voice doesn\'\'t annoy you..you should watch the movie..it\'\'s actually a good one.
Ikebukuro West Gate Park
Jul 22, 2011
This was better than I expected, It got me hooked from the first minutes. I loved Nagase Tomoya in this one - it\''s maybe his greatest series - but I\''ll have to add that other than him Kubozuka Yosuke did a great job as King.

What should I say more?! This series can be categorized as one of the best, a must see, as it combines the street factor with all the read more violence, gangs and raw characters with detective work and funny moments. For me this is the recipe to success.
Innocent Steps
May 10, 2011
A good movie. What should I say more..there are several more series about dancing contests and the world it involves. I expected a little divine punishment at the ending but it never came. That was my only wish. I\'\'m not into emotional stuff so I can\'\'t say it really got me, but I loved the dancing.
Ooku
May 4, 2011
The movie is great no doubt but it feels a bit rushed. It leaves the feeling that something is missing. I like how the Ohoku is described and how our main hero seems to distinguish himself from the others and yet..I feel some elements are missing, it's like a story constructed on main ideas that are not fully developed.
Battlefield Heroes
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
May 12, 2011
It\'\'s such an amusing movie I couldn\'\'t take anything seriously about it. Even the battle scenes were drawn in such a way that you\'\'ll most likely laugh at the silliness of it all. Should I say more? If you\'\'re looking for a serious historical movie than this is not for you.
Regatta
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
May 18, 2012
I picked randomly.. I thought Matsuda Shota will make me watch it even if it's bad. I was half wrong as even Shota can't save a mediocre series, but I still finished it.

Story : There is nothing new about giving up a sport because of an incident and then encouraged by someone you decide to try again. The only original thing about it is the regatta part.

Acting : I'm a read more little disappointed by Hayami Mokomichi, he did a lousy job in this series. Still, I'll continue to watch his shows, at least he has potential.

Music : One song that repeats over and over. I like the song but it gets boring after a while.

My advice: Watch it only if you're a fan of the actors or you have nothing better to do with your free time. It's also good for people that like this type of motivational series.
Temptation of an Angel
12 of 15 people found this review helpful
Feb 28, 2012
I expected something good..as good as Temptation of Wife or even better but I was disappointed by some aspects. The actors did a great job, very convincing, a good choice of actors, but the story lacked a sense of reality. At times I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation and how some events were forced into the storyline. I'm sorry that I can't really give too much details read more but those who saw the series know what I mean.

I couldn't hate the main character, as selfish as she was I preferred watching her evil and calculative nature than Sin Hyeon Wu's transformation. I found Yoon Jae Hee annoying and her story too sugary for my taste. Even after it became clear who will win the battle, I continued to support Ah Ran, not trying to find excuses for her behavior but loving her strong and yet vulnerable character. The end was predictable but it was fair to the story.

I don't regret watching the series, but I'm sure I'm not going to see it again. My conclusion : not a bad series but it could've been better.
Love Marriage
11 of 14 people found this review helpful
Dec 18, 2011
I had this series on hold for such a long time that I was reluctant to continue.

Lee Kang Hyun is a couple manager who was at the peak of her carrier but after a fateful encounter with Park Hyun Soo, a divorce lawyer, everything began to crumble before her. When she finally finds a place to start anew she finds out that the "evil lawyer" is working just next door.

The read more story is of course predictable but the characters are not your everyday type. I especially love the two main men : Park Hyun Soo and Yin Kyung Hwan because their antics made me laugh a lot during the show. Lee Kang Hyun's friends give a real feeling with their concern and watching them literally punching someone for her sake gave me a warm feeling inside, I'd love to have friends like hers. I won't say anything about the main actress because she didn't convince me, her character was just too much to bear.

I love the story but the first episodes were a little boring. I'll also add a fluff alert : those of you who don't like cheesy love stories, this series might not be for you!
Who Slept with Her
7 of 7 people found this review helpful
May 12, 2011
The movie mostly is based on misunderstandings and a lot of day dreaming. The beautiful teacher is seen as a sex symbol and a trophy especially to a group of students with whom she enters in contact with. This way we can determine the main actors of our story. While the situation is rather amusing mostly because of the decan, it lacks depth remaining rather undeveloped. Still, overall it can be seen as a light comedy.

In dramaland, watching anime