hardpliers

Mischievous Kiss The Movie: Campus
Apr 7, 2017
As a result of watching the first Mischievous Kiss movie, without a doubt, I jumped onto this one as soon as it became available online. I'm going to repeat myself by saying that I've always been a massive fan of the manga, anime and live action adaptations of this story. Despite some of the disappointment in the main leads' acting skills, especially the mother's part in this movie (you have to agree read more that she made the whole romance between the two actually a thing and played a huge and active roll in the love story), I think they're doing a wonderful job so far. I especially like how cold Irie is portrayed since I've always imagined him being that way in the original manga. However, I enjoyed the first movie a lot better. Hopefully, we won't have to wait that long for the last movie because I'm all ready for that romantic stuff to happen!

Overall, it's a must-watch for all of you Itazura na Kiss franchise fans!
Hwarang Special
Mar 31, 2017
After finished the main series, I decided to do some more research about the filmmakers, the set and the actors, of course. I'm not quite sure which special this is, but I've watched plenty of "behind the scenes", interviews and whatnots with those gorgeous flower boys :D If you're a true fan of the drama then definitely look up some of the episodes because you can laugh along and take a closer read more look at how this masterpiece was made.
Goblin Special: The Summoning
Apr 8, 2017
Perfect recap and a compilation of special and unseen footage for those who are attached to the drama. There was so much more to this series than just plain acting as seen from these 2 episodes. The staff had a great time working together and it almost made me cry how attached they've got to each other. Furthermore, the bloopers were hilarious and the improvised scenes were gold. It's amazing that the read more staff actually takes time to include fans and ask for their opinion. Beautifully done! Saranghaeyo, Goblin!
Apr 7, 2017
A fun recap, or an intermission of the last episode that left the viewers hanging off their seats. Personally, I found this episode very essential to talk a bit about the characters and fill up those, who've missed some previous details. Honestly, we all know it was worth watching for secretary Kim, c'mon. His dance moves are everything!
W Special
Feb 24, 2017
A great recap for a great drama! This episode takes a deeper look into the series and fills in with the essential information for the viewers, in case they've missed it. Also, the special episode shows behind the scenes footage and the actors getting into their roles. An interesting episode for "W - Two Worlds" fans overall!
Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo
Feb 7, 2017
This was actually the first asian drama series that I started watching. I'm a huge fan of the manga and the anime so one day I stumbled upon this. I mean, this series is so cute and funny, a way better adaptation than the anime in my opinion. I fell in love with the characters, especially with the relationship between Kotoko and Irie's mother, and of course, with Irie himself.
Definitely worth read more a watch and a rewatch since there were so many great scenes that touched me, made me laugh and made me "awwww"!
Mar 25, 2017
With a super long wait for the english subtitles, I still couldn't find this movie with translations, so I gave it my best shot to watch it in the original, Japanese language. I've watched a ton of anime so understanding Japanese is quite simple actually. Speaking of anime, Itazura na Kiss was one of the first romance anime that I head over heels fell in love with. It is that good of read more a story that I've re-watched it about 5 times, read the manga and watched the Thai and Japanese drama adaptations. Seeing the trailer for this movie and hearing about its' release seriously made my year so much better!

First of all, let's just appreciate the fact that they're making 2 more movies with the same director and actors. The story was actually never finished due to the author of the manga passing away while writing it. That's why there is an opportunity of the directors and writers to add their own little twist to the story. I loved that this movie was actually very close to the anime, all of the principal parts were kept in and squeezed into a one great film.

Second, what I adored the most were the actors and how wisely they were chosen. I mean, the actors of Irie and Kotoko looked like they were taken straight out of the manga, their resemblance is uncanny. The acting was spot on as well. The mom's character got me just like in every other adaptation, she'll forever be my true spirit animal of shipping couples :D

Overall, this movie is definitely worth a watch for the biggest and true fans of Mischievous Kiss and for those, who are looking for a sweet and typical Japanese rom-com movie. Can't wait for the upcoming sequels! Let's hope they'll be subbed faster!
Fight For My Way
Jul 12, 2017
I'm quite happy with my choice to watch this drama. Not gonna lie, Park Seo Joon is my favorite Korean actor so naturally this drama became a "must-watch".

The storyline was average but quite realistic and relatable. My main focus became the character of this series. They're all so unique and I really enjoyed the strong female lead in this one. Kim Ji Won is definitely a talented actress and made this read more drama very spunky and full of life. Furthermore, the soundtrack was very fitting with the overall vibe of this drama. Would re-watch it for the comedy aspect.
Train to Busan
As much as I love and have seen many Hollywood zombie movies, this one by far is my favorite one.

The storyline is great, the whole movie is not draggy at all and focuses on different characters. Speaking of characters, I fell in love with the cast and they became my "dream time" of some sort, if I were to be in a zombie apocalypse. There is nothing much to say really, read more other than that you HAVE to watch it! It will put all of those American zombie movies to shame. Just don't forget your napkins and some popcorn, because were going to Busan! (cheesy, I know ) :D
The Liar and His Lover
May 10, 2017
Finished watching this just 10 minutes ago. I thought I'd make it to be the first one to write this review but oh well :D

Honestly, the only reasons why I became interested in this drama was the original manga and that Joy from Red Velvet was the female lead. I don't typically watch musical dramas because they can become very cheesy real fast and the music could get on your nerves. read more However, the major thing that I found lacking the most was a powerful OST. Since it's a drama based on music and the entertainment world, I would've loved the variety of amazing and touching songs and occasional appearances of Kpop stars.
The story itself was quite lovely and light. I could the storyline being nicely fitted into a fresh anime, since it has that type of shoujo genre vibe. I was missing some characters' backstories, more screen time for the secondary couple please!
I thought that the casting was appropriate, moreover, I found some brilliant new actors to stalk... Also, the second lead syndrome was real, rooted for Chan Yeong oppa all the way~~~
Briefly, it's a fluffy and a lighthearted drama to watch if you're a music or a fan of the manga. Don't expect too much though since it's quite generic and predictable.
She Was Pretty
Apr 19, 2017
To be honest, I intended to watch this drama, whether I liked it or not, because my favorite actor of the Korean Drama land - Park Seo Joon. And I kid you not, this drama was full of surprises and not what I expected at all.

From the trailer and the plot summary I was certain that this series was going to be full of roses and very smooth going. But it read more was not what I expected at all. Starting with the genre of this drama, I think it would've been a brilliant comedy on its own, without any romance elements. It was quite a rocky start for me to fall in love with the jokes and the romantic aspects in this drama, but as it progressed, it grew on me more and more.

And the most important thing that made this drama memorable for me were the characters. As I said in the beginning, I was anticipating to root and fangirl over Park Seo Joon in this drama. However, I was caught up in something known as the "second lead syndrome". Editor Kim - he's the man that stole this whole show! Man, his jokes are superb, and the "Jackson" joke is going to stick with me for the rest of my life and remind me of his cheerfulness and that awkward and goofy man. In my opinion, the female lead, Kim Hye Jin, was too psychotic and unrealistic, but nevertheless, she's brought a fresh type of character into the Korean Drama world. Also, the whole staff of "The Most" magazine made me fall in love with them and their little family at the office. The character side stories were very interesting and I would love to see more Korean Dramas with a similar family-work environment.

Briefly, it's been quite a rocky start for me and this drama. Notwithstanding, it gets better and better and the series continues as the characters bring out many unique aspects of their lives and stories. It's a brilliant comedy story that makes you believe in first love once again!
Doctors
Mar 8, 2017
Although I'm a huge fan of medical dramas, this one I was not very fond of right from the start. I found it lacking in the supporting character development since each of them were different and unique. Also, the whole "romance" that was going on was quite cheesy.
I actually enjoyed the patients' stories more than the actual plot of the two main characters. Overall, not a drama that I'd re-watch, but quite enjoyable.
Kiss me Special
Feb 25, 2017
This was a nice behind the scenes look into the characters everyday life while filming the drama. It's definitely worth watching just for the King x Tenten bromance! ~
Heroine Disqualified
Feb 24, 2017
One of the first Japanese movies that I've seen. Definitely a great choice to watch just to see the amazing casting, with some of the best young Japanese actors like Mirei Kiritani and Kentaro Sakaguchi. If you loved the manga, you'll definitely enjoy this movie as well!
Suspicious Partner
Jul 13, 2017
I'm a huge fan of romantic and suspense thriller type of movies and dramas that involve court cases and the law. When I saw the trailer of this I was utterly hyped up and knew that I was going to love it. And I was a 100% correct.

The story had me drawn in since the very first episode. I had a heart attack from the main characters' chemistry. I mean, Ji read more Chang Wook is a gorgeous and handsome actor, no doubt. Even though I wasn't familiar with any dramas starring Nam Ji Hyun, she made a very positive first impression, which was more than enough for me to become interested in her, and eventually becoming her fan. The other actors were spectacular as well, especially the lawyer squad and the main suspect, Jung Hyun Soo. I was really surprised at how much I pitied a very dark criminal. The storyline wasn't boring at all and I liked how it progressed right until the end. I was in two minds whether to give this drama a lower review, however, I loved how the creators of this drama didn't run out of ideas and finished this series with a boom.
Another thing I want to point out is the OST. It translated all of the emotions and the songs were very fitting with the situations and the characters. I would highly suggest you not only to watch this drama, but to check out the OST as well!

Overall, a lovely drama that surely became one of my favorites on the list! Very interesting, tragic and romantic storyline with leave you with many different (and of course unforgettable) emotions!

August 22