hardpliers

Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo
Feb 7, 2017
This was actually the first asian drama series that I started watching. I'm a huge fan of the manga and the anime so one day I stumbled upon this. I mean, this series is so cute and funny, a way better adaptation than the anime in my opinion. I fell in love with the characters, especially with the relationship between Kotoko and Irie's mother, and of course, with Irie himself.
Definitely worth read more a watch and a rewatch since there were so many great scenes that touched me, made me laugh and made me "awwww"!
She Was Pretty
To be honest, I intended to watch this drama, whether I liked it or not, because my favorite actor of the Korean Drama land - Park Seo Joon. And I kid you not, this drama was full of surprises and not what I expected at all.

From the trailer and the plot summary I was certain that this series was going to be full of roses and very smooth going. But it read more was not what I expected at all. Starting with the genre of this drama, I think it would've been a brilliant comedy on its own, without any romance elements. It was quite a rocky start for me to fall in love with the jokes and the romantic aspects in this drama, but as it progressed, it grew on me more and more.

And the most important thing that made this drama memorable for me were the characters. As I said in the beginning, I was anticipating to root and fangirl over Park Seo Joon in this drama. However, I was caught up in something known as the "second lead syndrome". Editor Kim - he's the man that stole this whole show! Man, his jokes are superb, and the "Jackson" joke is going to stick with me for the rest of my life and remind me of his cheerfulness and that awkward and goofy man. In my opinion, the female lead, Kim Hye Jin, was too psychotic and unrealistic, but nevertheless, she's brought a fresh type of character into the Korean Drama world. Also, the whole staff of "The Most" magazine made me fall in love with them and their little family at the office. The character side stories were very interesting and I would love to see more Korean Dramas with a similar family-work environment.

Briefly, it's been quite a rocky start for me and this drama. Notwithstanding, it gets better and better and the series continues as the characters bring out many unique aspects of their lives and stories. It's a brilliant comedy story that makes you believe in first love once again!
Mischievous Kiss The Movie: Campus
As a result of watching the first Mischievous Kiss movie, without a doubt, I jumped onto this one as soon as it became available online. I'm going to repeat myself by saying that I've always been a massive fan of the manga, anime and live action adaptations of this story. Despite some of the disappointment in the main leads' acting skills, especially the mother's part in this movie (you have to agree read more that she made the whole romance between the two actually a thing and played a huge and active roll in the love story), I think they're doing a wonderful job so far. I especially like how cold Irie is portrayed since I've always imagined him being that way in the original manga. However, I enjoyed the first movie a lot better. Hopefully, we won't have to wait that long for the last movie because I'm all ready for that romantic stuff to happen!

Overall, it's a must-watch for all of you Itazura na Kiss franchise fans!
A fun recap, or an intermission of the last episode that left the viewers hanging off their seats. Personally, I found this episode very essential to talk a bit about the characters and fill up those, who've missed some previous details. Honestly, we all know it was worth watching for secretary Kim, c'mon. His dance moves are everything!
Kiss me Special
Feb 25, 2017
This was a nice behind the scenes look into the characters everyday life while filming the drama. It's definitely worth watching just for the King x Tenten bromance! ~
W Special
Feb 24, 2017
A great recap for a great drama! This episode takes a deeper look into the series and fills in with the essential information for the viewers, in case they've missed it. Also, the special episode shows behind the scenes footage and the actors getting into their roles. An interesting episode for "W - Two Worlds" fans overall!
Heroine Disqualified
Feb 24, 2017
One of the first Japanese movies that I've seen. Definitely a great choice to watch just to see the amazing casting, with some of the best young Japanese actors like Mirei Kiritani and Kentaro Sakaguchi. If you loved the manga, you'll definitely enjoy this movie as well!
Descendants of the Sun
Feb 26, 2017
After reading the reviews and seeing this drama literally everywhere, I decided to give it a go. To be honest, I had pretty low expectations from the first few episodes, but the series got better and better.
The main lead chemistry was unbelievable, but I still think that the 2nd lead love story was more interesting and I was rooting for them every episode. Also, the bromance! My god, they are adorable! read more Can't get enough of every character on this show, especially the doctors and how unique every one of them are. Would love to see this series on television everywhere in the world because it definitely deserves all of the praise that it gets!
Cheese In The Trap SP
Loved this little recap and behind the scenes of my favorite drama! You could see that the actors got along really great, they're very talented themselves and the staff did an impressive job of bringing a very popular manhwa to real life!

Although it's kind of sad that such a great series came to the unfortunate ending, but this special episode reminded me of the great times on set and the unforgettable read more moments during the actual drama. Super worth watching!
Goblin
This must be added to my list of favorite Korean Dramas. I'm amazed at how these Asian dramas are starting to get better and more unique every year, and Goblin is definitely a piece of gold in this big and wide range of Korean Dramas.
I have to start off with the storyline. I've always been quite a fan of mythical creatures, especially stories about Japanese deities and gods in anime. When read more I first saw that this story revolves around similar folklore beasts and spirits, I was swiftly drawn into it. It was quite a ride seeing the mythical creatures being portrayed by the amazing and super talented actors. I mean, the Goblin and the Grim Reaper's bromance speaks for itself. At first glance, I thought that the main couple, the Goblin and his bride, was kind of strange and unrelatable, but they made such a cute connection during the series. I've been familiar with Kim Go Eun's acting in Cheese In The Trap so it was quite a surprise seeing her act as a bubbly and fun character, unlike the other drama. However, my biggest appreciation of romance goes to the ultimate Grim Reaper and Sunny. Their screen time is so strong and made me quite anxious each and every episode... Their chemistry is unbelievable, they definitely need a separate series! *totally would watch*
The OST was selected perfectly. Loved the little touch of incorporating classical and pop music. The breathtaking shots of the nature and Quebec made the visuals of this drama out of this world unforgettable!
Not only does this drama combine polar genres like comedy, romance, history and tragedy into one harmonized series, but also it combines existential and every day problems with the perception of time. Never has a Korean Drama changed my views on death and love like Goblin. This is worth appearing onto national television it was that good! I'm gonna miss it, but it's also in a need of a re-watch sometime soon!
Hwarang Special
After finished the main series, I decided to do some more research about the filmmakers, the set and the actors, of course. I'm not quite sure which special this is, but I've watched plenty of "behind the scenes", interviews and whatnots with those gorgeous flower boys :D If you're a true fan of the drama then definitely look up some of the episodes because you can laugh along and take a closer read more look at how this masterpiece was made.
Hwarang
I was a huge sceptic of historical dramas, especially when it came to the Asian history. I thought that this was going to be like those weird and awkward medieval films with poor acting and low morals...

...However, watching this drama was the best decision as it was spectacular. It perfectly combined historical, action, comedy and romance genres into a one big masterpiece. Not only did I become more interested in getting read more educated about whole Korean history, but about some of the cute actors as well!

Just look at all of those hot oppas on the posters of this series! Look! It was only appropriate for the name "Hwarang" to actually represent the "Flowering knights" because the actors were stunning! The OST amazed me but most of all the fact that some of the actors sang some songs themselves! I mean, every character, not only the knights, but the second lead character and the antagonists had a lot of charm and translated their characters really well.

I especially fell in love with Park Seo Joon. I loved his acting and I'm becoming more and more curious about him, so I'll jump onto this actor's train of dramas.

Overall, I'm proud to say that Hwarang was the first historical Korean drama that I've watched. If you're curious even a slightest bit, please check it out! And don't forget to check some of the interviews and the behind the scenes episodes, since they're a great addition to this as well.
Noble, My Love
Mar 17, 2017
This drama is totally a definition of a very cheesy drama, but not necessarily in a bad way. It has every element of what a real rom-com should be like, starting from the rich man poor girl and ending with the evil mother. It was short, sweet and very fast paced. So if you're looking for a quick and cute drama to ease your heart, then give this a go!
Switch Girl!!
Mar 12, 2017
Started watching this in the beginning of my Asian drama discovery. Gave this a go because I'm a huge fan of Japanese high school themed anime, manga and drama, but was quite disappointed with this one. It was overly fake, the jokes weren't even that funny and the characters were definitely cringe-worthy. This series is just a very generic and simple Japanese drama based on the manga, I'd recommend picking something else read more instead of wasting time with this one.
Doctors
Mar 8, 2017
Although I'm a huge fan of medical dramas, this one I was not very fond of right from the start. I found it lacking in the supporting character development since each of them were different and unique. Also, the whole "romance" that was going on was quite cheesy.
I actually enjoyed the patients' stories more than the actual plot of the two main characters. Overall, not a drama that I'd re-watch, but quite enjoyable.

August 22