hardpliers

Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo
Feb 7, 2017
This was actually the first asian drama series that I started watching. I'm a huge fan of the manga and the anime so one day I stumbled upon this. I mean, this series is so cute and funny, a way better adaptation than the anime in my opinion. I fell in love with the characters, especially with the relationship between Kotoko and Irie's mother, and of course, with Irie himself.
Definitely worth read more a watch and a rewatch since there were so many great scenes that touched me, made me laugh and made me "awwww"!
W Special
A great recap for a great drama! This episode takes a deeper look into the series and fills in with the essential information for the viewers, in case they've missed it. Also, the special episode shows behind the scenes footage and the actors getting into their roles. An interesting episode for "W - Two Worlds" fans overall!
Heroine Disqualified
One of the first Japanese movies that I've seen. Definitely a great choice to watch just to see the amazing casting, with some of the best young Japanese actors like Mirei Kiritani and Kentaro Sakaguchi. If you loved the manga, you'll definitely enjoy this movie as well!
Descendants of the Sun
After reading the reviews and seeing this drama literally everywhere, I decided to give it a go. To be honest, I had pretty low expectations from the first few episodes, but the series got better and better.
The main lead chemistry was unbelievable, but I still think that the 2nd lead love story was more interesting and I was rooting for them every episode. Also, the bromance! My god, they are adorable! read more Can't get enough of every character on this show, especially the doctors and how unique every one of them are. Would love to see this series on television everywhere in the world because it definitely deserves all of the praise that it gets!
Noble, My Love
This drama is totally a definition of a very cheesy drama, but not necessarily in a bad way. It has every element of what a real rom-com should be like, starting from the rich man poor girl and ending with the evil mother. It was short, sweet and very fast paced. So if you're looking for a quick and cute drama to ease your heart, then give this a go!
Switch Girl!!
Started watching this in the beginning of my Asian drama discovery. Gave this a go because I'm a huge fan of Japanese high school themed anime, manga and drama, but was quite disappointed with this one. It was overly fake, the jokes weren't even that funny and the characters were definitely cringe-worthy. This series is just a very generic and simple Japanese drama based on the manga, I'd recommend picking something else read more instead of wasting time with this one.
Doctors
Although I'm a huge fan of medical dramas, this one I was not very fond of right from the start. I found it lacking in the supporting character development since each of them were different and unique. Also, the whole "romance" that was going on was quite cheesy.
I actually enjoyed the patients' stories more than the actual plot of the two main characters. Overall, not a drama that I'd re-watch, but quite enjoyable.
Strobe Edge
Watched this randomly while on a binge of romantic-Japanese-manga-adaptation-movies. Stumbled across this while hearing positive feedback on the manga. The only comment I can make is "meh" since it is what it is. The movie is everything you expect it to be: cheesy, cutesy, romantic, childish, infuriating, dramatic.
Nicely brought to the screen but I wasn't very fond of the plot so I wouldn't re-watch it again.
Say "I Love You"
Before watching this movie, I've watched the anime and read the manga and fell in love with the mature love story that was full of drama, tension and character development. But I was a bit disappointed because the movie didn't portray a lot of it...
I guess it's because you can't have the whole story and every scene be jumbled into a 2 hour movie. But the overall love story was great, read more the characters had that nice vibe. Perfect recommendation for those who just want a romantic movie marathon late at night!
L♥DK
The story of this drama is quite overused, since there are so many series with basically the same plot or the same concept. But I'm actually a huge fan of the whole "girl living with boy" idea! I was quite disappointed with the casting for this drama, actually. The acting was lacking, the ending was quite generic. I'm guessing the manga is probably a lot better.
Kiss me Special
This was a nice behind the scenes look into the characters everyday life while filming the drama. It's definitely worth watching just for the King x Tenten bromance! ~
Kiss Me
I've seen so many Itazura na Kiss adaptations already but this one wasn't my favorite. I hated the fact that they changed some of the plot details yet I enjoyed that the main male lead showed more romantic interest than in other adaptations of this series. The actor did a nice job while playing their characters. Would recommend to watch for a Thai incorporated vibe~
Kimi ni Todoke
I've been a fan of the anime and manga for god knows how long. The simple but touching and cute plot of the anime was really well made into a great movie. Would recommend this for those who have seen and read this series because it's basically all the same. Honestly, I watched it for the feels between Sawako and Kazehaya.... :3
Itazura na Kiss 2 - Love in Okinawa
A beautiful bridge episode between seasons 1 and 2. I love how this episode highlights that Kotoko and Irie are slowly but surely getting used to being married and they seem to be changing a little bit. The filming location is gorgeous. Overall, a great preparation for what's about to come in the next episodes.
Itazura na Kiss - Love In Tokyo 2
Following my previous review on the first season of this drama, I'll repeat myself by saying that this is one of the best manga adaptations ever! Although the scenes don't appear in the manga, the creators surely did a splendid job while creating and filming the scenes. The second season doesn't lack any romance, every episode makes you squeal and "awww"!
They need a season 3 seriously :D