Jasmine

Shopping King Louis
Nov 11, 2016
Delicious dark chocolate is what Shopping King Louie is to me. Initially, I was thinking this was cotton candy cute but one can become sick of cotton candy quickly. The cuteness in SKL grows on you, episode by episode, and you will never get sick of it because it's just so well done!

The story seems simple and full of tropes: amnesia, chaebols, cinderella-like characters, car crashes, etc. but none of them read more felt melodramatic at all-especially when those cliches would usually spell out melodrama in other dramas. The drama's anchor is on the chemistry between Seo In Guk and Nam Ji Hyun and the drama knows its strengths so it focuses on that. The progression of their relationship is organic, genuine, honest, and just full of cuteness! The story isn't fast in the sense that things are always happening but the continuous character growth in the relationships is what will keep you watching. You become invested in all the characters and grow to love them- all of them. That was the draw for me.

I love this drama and its Cinderella feel. It's such an easy watch but not boring- and that's so hard to achieve, having light cuteness that's balanced by heartfelt moments

I really liked the OST especially Tiger Moth by Monsta;it's still playing on repeat.

I recommend SKL, completely if you like:
-cuteness overload, in a good way
-a well-done rom-com (actually hilarious and romantic at the same time)
-no melodrama because the writer defies all the cliches you think will happen

Shopping King Louis is one of the most pure, innocent, and heart-warming dramas I've watched in a long time. I sincerely recommend this to y'all especially if you need a little bit of Louis to lift up your spirits!
Our Times
Nov 21, 2015
Ahhh such a feel good movie! The plot isn't anything new but the execution was done extremely well. This movie is such a roller coaster of emotions. I definitely think many girls can relate to this movie and reminisce about their past. I loved the cliched parts actually and I thought they were authentic to what happened in many teenage girls' lives- the crushing on the popular boy, the clumsiness+awkwardness, the mean read more teachers, etc! The production act also made sure everything was from the 90's, the BB callers, the clothes, the food was all authentic from that time period. This is a very Cinderella feel movie, and being a sucker for those, I fell in love with the story.

Loved the cast! The actresses/actors were all cast well and they fit their characters perfectly. I especially loved Wang Da Lu. Wow, he's such a versatile actor, I feel heartbroken when he's crying and impressed by his fighting scenes. Of course, Vivian Sung portrayed the clumsy albeit a little awkward teenager very well. Dino Lee is cute too but his character was just kind of one-dimensional in my opinion. If you read my other reviews, you'll know I love Jerry Yan and I was elated to find out that he played the grown up Wang Da Lu. His scene with Joe Chen, although too short, was adorable and I wished it was longer! I admit I also screamed like a fan girl when I heard Andy Lau was playing a small role as a guest in this movie. He hasn't acted in a Taiwanese movie in ages! The star power of the three of them added to this movie too.

Music was fantastic and contributed to my roller coaster of emotions. My favorite song was of course the theme song, A Little Happiness, by Hebe Tien. I've been playing that song on repeat ever since.

Re-watch value is high! Once they come to the USA, I'm going to try and buy a HD quality version. Movies like this always give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, so if you guys are looking for that don't miss this! (10/9)
Love in Time
Aug 25, 2015
Cliche? Yup. Bad CGI? Definitely. But it somehow manages to pull through, maybe because I'm a huge Danson Tang fan, or I'm just a sucker for long reunited romance, which always happens in vampire stories. You're probably wondering if I'm a Twilight fan. Yes, guilty. So DO watch this drama if you liked Twilight, and if you're a Danson Tang fan (if you are then you MUST watch this drama as he read more is the hottest he has ever been, portraying a vampire). Watch the version with his original voice!

Plot wise, like I said earlier it's pretty cliche. Nevertheless, the execution was still decent enough and entertaining. It has all the things a drama should, a funny comedic relief actor, some good friends, an annoying antagonist, and family. I have to say, the ending isn't that great but I guess it's happy *enough*, but still left me a bit hanging. Aside from that, the romantic development was pretty fast, since it's only 9 episodes, so there's little to no dragging (which is great!). The plot really is similar to Twilight, but much better chemistry between the leads, and no sparkling vampires. The antagonist is to be expected, and that plot line wasn't that irritating. It's also set on a university campus, so I really liked how it was a campus romance.

Even though I easily fall in love with drama OST's, this drama's music was very 'ehh'. It seriously was not special, probably because I expected more, much more. Even now, I don't remember any of the songs which is rare ( if you look at my other reviews you'll see why).

Re-watch value is not that high, mostly because the only version available I could find was pretty low quality, which isn't easy on the eyes. Disregarding that though, re-watch value based on purely the drama could be high, after all it's only 9 episodes and if you like a cute but cliche vampire love story. I recommend this drama a lot; it's so unfortunate how not many people know about this drama. (8.5/8.5)
Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim
Jan 17, 2017
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim is a thought provoking and quirky drama that thrives off the strong character development and heart-pulling patient cases that are seamlessly interwoven with the main characters' own storylines.

I should say that I love medical dramas though. As an aspiring doctor, RDTK really made me think about the responsibilities of a doctor that extend past the operation room.
I began to watch RDTK because of Seo Hyun Jin read more but I stayed for Han Seok Kyu. Dr.Kim's complexity and romantic ideals of a character pulled me in, made me curious, and is essentially the anchor of the whole show.

What constitutes as a 'good' doctor? Essentially, the story revolves around that question that seems to have a simple answer; however, there's no real right or wrong answer and everyone has their own definition of a 'good' doctor. Philosophies and ideologies clash and it's just utterly fascinating to watch as morals are questioned and consciences are tested in the face of moral dilemmas.

Asides from the philosophical questions, hospital politics, and the emotional patient stories, the romance also holds its own in this already plot packed drama. The romance, while not at the forefront of the show, is a slow burn that keeps you wanting more, and when it finally happens, it is so satisfying. Gotta love the slow burns that are worth waiting for.

The whole cast of Doldam hospital seems like a big family. Side storylines are interesting, bromances are fun, and the verbal fights are satisfying.

Even if you don't like medical dramas, please don't pass up on this drama. RDTK is a a human drama, about human emotions, actions, and consequences. It poses interesting questions about society and humanity. I really enjoyed this unique drama that is honestly extremely different from other dramas I've watched before. If anything, at least give RDTK a try to see if it's up your alley!
When I See You Again
Oct 11, 2015
First drama I watched that combined superb mind games that were actually unpredictable to some extent between the leads. I loved the interactions between Jasper's character (You Qian) and Jet's character (Yan Ze); both of them fighting to win with high stakes really pulled me in as the audience. The first 7 episodes or so didn't pull me in though; it was pretty cliche and the main female lead, Mandy's character (An read more Xi) was pretty annoying and too naive. Nevertheless, unlike many other dramas, this drama started badly but ended really well! The story became more intense and interesting to watch towards the second half of the drama. The chemistry between You Qian and An Xi got much better with each episode as well.

The cast was really awesome! I saw some of my favorite stars from previous dramas and some new faces as well! All of them portrayed their parts well, and Jasper has really improved in his emotional scenes (from Pleasantly Surprised). Jet and Jasper's character both had fantastic character development and were characters with a lot of layers/depth. Both of their characters were what made me continue watching because it was just so fascinating to understand both of them more. Of course, the OTP was cute too. Mandy and Jasper had more chemistry the second half! The side characters were great too. They were consistent with their character and it seemed like all of them had a story underneath their exterior, which was consistent with the title of this drama, When I See You Again. I liked how the director was detailed enough to give many of the characters time to tell us their story too, adding to the overall depth of the drama!

Music was very catchy so no complaints there! Not my favorite OST of all time but good enough!

Re-watch isn't that high because their were a lot of surprise elements in this drama. Thus, I think that it wouldn't be as good the second time around. However, as usual, I would go back and watch my favorite cute scenes between the leads! All in all, I recommend this drama to everyone who likes a good romantic drama and some "politics" mixed in. Of course, if you're a Jasper fan you cannot miss this drama! (9/8.5)
Love Cuisine
Jan 1, 2016
Lego Lee! I have a huge bias towards him so there was no doubt I would enjoy this drama. Love Cuisine started off strong but it did get a little draggy/repetitive towards the end. The premise was promising for the romantic development but the unexpected gem of this drama was the students' storylines. The student storylines were really cute and many of the students had huge character growth throughout the drama, especially read more Mai Zhi (Ben Wu). Though most of the actors are in their 20's, they pulled off the high school vibe very well and their storylines blended with the main romantic story seamlessly. The relationships developed between teacher and student, and the lessons learned from the relationship were heartwarming and easy to watch.Han Jie (Lego Lee) and Xiao Rou (Allison) are both teachers and initially they don't like each other. You know how it goes from there...

The first 1/3rd of the drama kind of felt like a prologue to the second half because the second half felt like the main story. I liked the organization of this drama and the romance developed between the leads felt subtle, smooth, and not deliberate.The drama started with a competition and the drama ends with a competition, wrapping up the drama very well with no loose ends. The drama was extended and though the extension prolonged the inevitable ending, it gave more time to fully explore the students' romantic relationships. Thus, I thought the extension did more good than bad. Most of this drama focused on the development of the romance between the leads, the daily obstacles of high school life as a high school student, and the complications that go with being a teacher/high schooler.

I seriously loved the cast. There was no annoying antagonist at all, no revenge plot, barely any love triangles, and no disapproving parents. Nita Lei was amazing in this drama; she is the best friend I never had-crazy, hilarious, and caring. Huge props to her acting. What made this drama shine were the student storylines and of course Lego's fantastic portrayal as a teacher. Han Jie (Lego) drastically changed after meeting Xiao Rou (Allison Lin. Xiao Rou also changed after being with Han Jie. Their love for one another made them change for one another.

Soundtrack was fabulous-the songs were so catchy and appropriately used.

I definitely recommend this drama. There's barely any angst in Love Cuisine so it's a very light-hearted drama that's easy to watch. I think a lot of people didn't enjoy this drama as much as I did because the problems/obstacles felt trivial since there's no love triangles/vindictive antagonists so it became boring. However, that's what made Love Cuisine so easy to watch! If you want to laugh in every episode, watch this! (9/8.5)
Love Me if You Dare
Dec 23, 2015
Amazing performance. My first Wallace Huo drama! Wow, this drama seriously impressed me. I have high expectations for mystery/crime dramas since I watch a lot of American mystery/crime shows, like NCIS, which is super famous in the States. The style in this drama is different- more high-tech, gory, and psychological. I loved it!

Wallace lives and breathes his role as Bo Jin Yan. He's adorably awkward when it comes to romance, and read more level-headed when it comes to his job as a criminal psychologist. Wallace also plays his 'split personality'; very well, showing that he's a versatile actor. I think Sandra was the perfect cast actually. She's pretty, and yet she gives off a girl next door vibe, complementing Bo Jin Yan (Wallace) fabulously. In a way, their relationship reminds me of Edward and Bella from Twilight- cool, seemingly emotionless male lead and sensitive yet observant female lead that brings the warmth out of the male lead. In my opinion, they have great chemistry and Bo Jin Yan's cheesy lines were hilarious. I can't forget Jin Yan's love for fish. He loves to eat fish so much that it was part of the storyline-kind of cute. I actually didn't guess the ultimate Big Bad so I was shocked when the twist came out. In that respect, this drama did a great job because it kept me on my toes.

The cinematography was gorgeous as well, the fish eye lenses were a cool touch, and I loved the car, Andy. So high-tech, and hilarious-Andy's like part of the cast! The cases were interesting and not too predictable. Every case was drastically different so it didn't get boring. I especially liked it when Jin Yan does his criminal analysis because it's so interesting to listen to. The cases flowed well together and connected with one another, each case spanning around four episodes, and led up to the Big Bad storyline. Though it seemed like each case was separate, they were all ultimately connected to the Big Bad, and the drama explores the deepest aspects of human desire through the cases. All the leads had a backstory as well, lending more depth to the story, making the drama come more to life. It was a little graphic but not too intense/gory either.

I loved Zi Yu (Andrew Yin), he is the ultimate best friend. Their bromance was fun to watch and a good comedic relief from the serious tone of the crime investigations. Xun Ran (Wang Kai) was a good second lead but the drama never really gave him a chance to be a serious romantic threat to Bo Jin Yan. Nevertheless, I admired his dedication and willpower as a cop- his acting was also spot on. The beginning was a bit slow but it was needed to set up the story. It starts rapidly speeding up after around three episodes. This drama didn't drag that much; rather, it went by quickly in 24 episodes.

The music kept me barely breathing in lots of suspenseful moments so it definitely did its job! There was a lot of orchestral music which was a nice change from usual dramas.

Re-watch? YES! I will most definitely re-watch this and so far this is my favorite Chinese drama! I recommend this drama if you're into suspense, crime scene investigations, and lots of romance. I wouldn't recommend this if you don't like romance intertwined with crime scene investigations. That said, this drama was fantastic in all respects so I recommend it to everyone. (10/9.75)
Go Lala Go 2
Dec 13, 2015
Would you choose love or your career? The cinderella story or who you really want/who actually knows you? That's basically what this movie revolves around- a woman in her 30's currently rising up in her career, the problems surrounding it, losing herself on the way, and finally finding herself in the end.

I must say- I had high expectations for this movie since it included three of my favorite Taiwanese actors, and read more two were the leads of one of my favorite dramas, In Time With You. While watching this movie, I kept thinking of other dramas/movie scenes that were just so similar to the scenes in this movie. Similarity isn't always a bad thing, as long as it is well executed- which in this case, wasn't. I was severely disappointed because I really wanted to love this movie. The story was lacking, with choppy execution and just didn't flow. It's basically a modern twist on Cinderella, but has nothing new. I must say that there were some cute OTP scenes between the leads definitely worth watching, which were the pros of this movie.

The character development was mediocre. There was no substance to Chen Bo Lin's character, a huge let down for me. Ariel's character had the most character growth from being insecure to a confident woman, the transformation was fun to see but nothing new. Vic's character was endearing but again, not much development either. The supporting characters just sprung out of nowhere, and felt disjointed as well. The acting itself was superb. Ariel Lin always does a fantastic job in portraying her emotions, along with Vic and Chen Bo Lin. NaNa was both cute and annoying, which was the point of her role so she was pretty good too. On a superficial note, Ariel looked gorgeous in this movie. The main problem with this movie was the story. So much star power in this movie, and yet it still couldn't shine.

Music was alright, nothing out of the ordinary.

So do I recommend it? If you're a big Ariel Lin, Vic Chou, and Chen Bo Lin fan like me, then yes go for it! I mean, when will we ever get to see the three of them together in a drama/movie again? Re-watch? I'm good, thanks. Overall, it was worth watching one time just to see the three of them together. (7/8)
Someone Like You
Jul 5, 2015
(accidentally submitted my review via the account I don't use-this is my official one) Phenomenal drama. As a whole, I was completely sucked into this drama. The plot is very melodramatic but strangely addictive. Yes, many people believe it is draggy like usual T-dramas but I think it's a personal preference. Melodramas like Someone like you are either fantastic or terrible. It was very well executed, whether the scenes, plots, actors, or read more the setting. Like any memorable melodramas, they make you want to visit the filming places. After watching this drama, I now want to go back to Taiwan and visit where they filmed it (Big City department store in Hsinchu, Taiwan).

The first 10 episodes were amazingly well developed and I loved watching the character development and the initial friendship between Yu Xi (Lorene's character) and Zhan Cheng (Kingone's character) when he was blind. As their friendship developed into love, they became a super compatible couple. Their kissing scenes were also very cute. I think they're a great OTP for sure. Another reason why I liked this drama so much was because of the department store rivalry scenes/element. Unlike other romance dramas where the male lead is a CEO and they don't talk much about it other than the fact that he looks great wearing suits and has a lot of money, this drama plays out the rivalry scenes. They continue with the department scene rivalry side story throughout the drama and I really enjoyed these scenes because they were intense and nerve wracking to watch and they added to character development of Zhan Cheng. It wove seamlessly into the main plot and didn't distract from the romance.

Kingone really carries this drama. His portrayal of a blind man was seriously amazing. His acting was flawless and I couldn't see any flaws in his portrayal. I wasn't initially a fan of him because I usually like idol drama actors (read my other reviews) , but his character is really the ultimate perfect boyfriend. I actually liked Lorene's acting. Although her acting seemed a little fake in the beginning, her acting got a lot better. Like I said, Kingone carried the drama and he guided her through the romantic scenes well. Many think her crying scenes were fake, but I thought it was realistic because realistic crying isn't pretty. In terms of the supporting actors, I loved William's camaraderie with Zhan Cheng, and Yu Xi's relationship with her family. The supporting couples between Zhan Cheng's sister and Yu Xi's brother was adorable, as well as William's relationship with Yu Xi's best friend. Lorene was good at her dual roles as well.

The music is so heartwarming and emotionally provoking. I think this is one of the best soundtracks as a whole for a drama. Bii did most of the soundtrack, and I liked his songs a lot. They perfectly match the tone of the drama and the scenes.

For those of you who are unsure if you want to watch it because you're not sure if you can handle the various tragedies of this drama from the summary you just read, trust me, it is worth watching. It took me 2 weeks to finally decide to watch this because I selectively pick dramas to watch since I don't like dropping dramas; I feel the need to finish a drama once I start it. I'm glad I watched this drama; after all, it has now become one of my favorite dramas. Re-watch value is definitely high. In fact, I'm re-watching it right now! If your taste is anything like mine (read my other reviews for T-dramas), you will definitely love this drama. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

***edit*** As I said earlier, I'm watching it for the second time and after watching it for the second time I came to appreciate the beautiful cinematography of this drama even more. The BTS videos were also very entertaining and showed the chemistry between the leads. I recommend watching the BTS if you fall in love with the characters like me! I'm starting to like all the characters after watching it for the second time because I can start to understand some of their actions even though some of them were unforgivable. This might sound crazy, but I think I might watch it for the third time in the future. I really hope Kingone and Lorene collaborate on a drama again! (10/9)
Be With Me
May 6, 2016
Be With Me is relatively unknown in the international drama feeds and isn't very popular in Taiwan either. I liked the premise-two people reuniting after 10 years and the setting was in the entertainment industry. For the most part, the actors are pretty fresh for leads other than Jason Tsou, who stood out to me in Black and White back in 2009.

Acting was a little uneven. Queen Wei started out as read more a singer, and this is her first major role- and it showed. I just couldn't feel her emotions even when she cried with abandon. Initially, I bought their romance since Jason and Queen had decent chemistry. As the drama progressed, however, I started to root for the second leads, for Jason and Queen to both end up with different people. I honestly did not like Queen's character, An An. She is so indecisive and wishy-washy. The leads' scenes couldn't make me cry but I loved the supporting characters. They kept me from dropping the drama.

The story itself had some surprising components that made you want to continue watching as well. Story-wise, it was compelling enough I guess but the acting distracted me. Sometimes, I would be so fixated on the lack of emotion that I can't feel the emotion the drama is trying to get me to feel. That said, I do like the story as a whole and the pros overweighed the cons since I liked the overall plot arc. The side stories, for the most part, contributed to the main story.

The last episode wrapped up the drama really well though. It's definitely one of the better last drama episodes I've watched. Everything was wrapped up nicely and it gave closure!

Music was pretty good. There was one or two emotional songs that balanced well with the scenes.

Re-watch? Nah, once is good.

I recommend this drama with a grain of salt. Watch it if...
-you don't mind some mediocre acting
-you like dramas set in the entertainment industry+romance+a satisfactory ending.
-really nice bromance. In this case, I loved the bromance more than the actual romance!

(8/8)
7 First Kisses
Jan 4, 2017
I mean, how does one even review a drama like this? It's totally subjective! That said, each episode was a short 10 minutes that flew by because they were so cliche, yet so fun. Each episode featured a different star, and a different drama cliche plot line condensed into 10 minutes.

I recommend this just because it's so entertaining to watch. I especially recommend it if one of your biases is featured read more in an episode and odds are they probably are because what a line-up!

Story-wise, I thought Ok Taec Yeon's was the funniest and the best. Kai's noona storyline was cute as well. Subjectively, I liked Ji Chang Wook's because I'm biased and it gave me 'Healer' vibes all over again.

Music is lighthearted and the theme song is sang by Ji Chang Wook!

Like I said earlier, it's a purely fun watch so don't expect great stories. After all, didn't we all come here to see our favorite biases? I know I did!
Healer
Apr 22, 2016
I didn't expect to fall for Healer but I did. Somehow all the components just worked together; the romance, the action, the intrigue, and all the emotions the characters conveyed. Healer is one of the most addicting dramas I've watched in a while, compelling me to watch episode after episode.

I'm new to the actors but they were all fantastic for me. There were no 'weak' actors at all! Ji Chang Wook read more was just wow. He was mesmerizing, vulnerable, the list goes on. I loved his various personas he put on as a disguise and I especially loved Bong Soo; Chang Wook played him to be so clumsy and lovable. I loved Park Min Young's character, one of my favorite heroines in a while. Shout out to Kim Mi Kyung. She was seriously amazing as the Ahjumma/skilled hacker. People love or hate Ji Tae's character, Moon Ho. Personally, I loved Moon Ho. Ji Tae played Moon Ho to be such a nuanced and faceted character that was neither 'good' nor 'evil'.

Now, the OTP. Wow, just wow. How can so much emotion be demonstrated with just a caress, a brush of the hand, and longing eyes? Somehow, Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young are able to do that and their chemistry is just sizzling. It's palpable. It's longing. It's just plain hot. I appreciated how Yeoung Shin (ParkMinYoung) was able to stand her own (not the damsel in distress) and how she helped Jung Hoo (JiChangWook) come out from behind his mask that was Healer.

The storyline was so intricate but the web of stories blended well together. Romance didn't detract from the action, and vice versa. I enjoyed seeing how dark/dirty politics were, and the writer wrote that well, balancing it with the romance and the revenge plot. There were some episodes that were so elaborately well done that it was only near the last few minutes that everything just suddenly clicked together and made sense. Huge props to the writer of Healer-amazing!

When I finished the last episode, I was like : !!!!!!. I felt that buzz you feel after finishing marathoning an amazing drama. However, as I began to re-watch some episodes immediately after my first run through, there were flaws that even my Healer-induced craze couldn't overlook. Honestly? The last 2-3 episodes weren't great-or at least not on the caliber of the first 17 episodes. Everything felt rushed and though the ending was good, it felt glossed over. The multiple storylines that the drama had handled with finesse thus far, couldn't be tied up in the end. Some were rashly tied up, others were untied; it just wasn't as satisfactory as I had hoped it would go. Additionally, Healer lost some of his touch near the end; there weren't as many action scenes and Yeoung Shin barely appeared... That said, don't let that deter you from watching Healer because the critiques I made are minimal compared to the overall beauty that was Healer. I had to mention them though because they did distract me from completely loving this drama since I was absorbed and in love with the first 15 episodes or so. So admittedly, I felt a bit deflated after the end.

Music was lovely! There were lots of beautiful instrumentals that captured the emotions of scenes. I especially loved I Will Protect You by Ji Chang Wook himself. He has a nice voice!

I already re-watched my favorite scenes too many times. I think the second time around, though, I might fast-forward some of the political stuff though because it's no longer suspenseful since I would know what happens, and what the secrets are.

I could honestly go on and on about this drama but to sum it up...
Seriously watch it if...
-you want to see a beautiful, supportive romance that is full of trust and heart stopping romantic scenes.
-you like seeing power struggles (dirty politics)/revenge
-eye candy! (ahem Ji Chang Wook)
-no vindictive second leads
-lots of action, kind of like Mission Impossible and Ji Chang Wook is Tom Cruise in terms of the Healer going on missions.
-references to Superman and his kryptonite-and comparing that to Healer, I thought it was it was an interesting comparison.

Be prepared to be in withdrawal after the final episode. I know I still am.

If you don't fulfill any of the above, watch it anyways because that's how good Healer is. Or just watch it for Ji Chang Wook because that's a valid reason anyways! (9.75/9)
Pinocchio
Jun 9, 2016
Pinocchio is definitely a slow burn. I liked Dal Po's conflicted and complicated character right off the bat. For me, more than anything, the intriguing story kept me more engaged than the romance, especially in the beginning-middle.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show's demonstration of how media and news really are. Fact is fact. You can't warp it into a distorted version of the fact. The show explores the consequences of media impact read more and the individualized sacrifices made along the way because of it. Pinocchio really pulled on those ideas and created a well-rounded world that was compelling to the viewer. If there was one sentence I could give Pinocchio, it would be: the truth always comes out. The theme of retribution keeps coming around throughout the drama. 'What comes around, goes around.' The audience also feels a sense of deja vu when past words comes back to haunt other characters.

Now, the main plot and dilemma. I liked how it played out. The brotherly relationship was poignant but also an explosive bomb waiting to happen because of all that has happened between them. However, although the plot is mostly pretty solid and concise, there were some aspects that felt rushed. I really wish they explored that plot line longer. The bromance and the strong sense of family got to me more than the romance which is surprising since I usually like romance dramas. Nevertheless, I appreciated that every decision, every word, said by characters had meaning; in other words, everything, for the most part, happened for a reason so there seemed to be little to no dragging.

I'm not sure why but In Na and Dal Po's chemistry just didn't click for me until around the 8th episode. I think their almost sibling-like relationship deterred me from completely falling for their chemistry.

I came in never seeing any dramas from Lee Jong Suk nor Park Shin Hye so I didn't have any bias. Shocker, I know. Lee Jong Suk's portrayal of emotions was raw and completely real. Shin Hye's character was blunt-loved her. Shin Hye made her hiccups so realistic that I almost believed Pinocchio was a real thing! Neither character outshone the other. In that respect, In Na and Dal Po complemented one another well, creating a more comfortable, rather than passionate chemistry. Because of that comfortable chemistry, their characters are always honest with each other and have complete trust in one another- it's great to watch! However, I didn't unequivocally trust their trust in each other until the 12th episode. It was then that I seriously respected In Ha and her love and trust in Dal Po.

I really liked the side characters, for the most part. In some dramas, the main couple is what keeps the drama alive. Here, the supporting cast makes the drama better, and more hilarious. I loved Cap and even the guy with the weird hair from YGN- Lee Pil Mo and Min Seung Wook respectively. I liked Jin Kyung in It's Okay that's Love but dang did she pull out acting chops here-completely amazing. Props to hyung as well, Yoon Gyun Sang; I'll definitely be on the lookout for your future works. I honestly didn't hate anyone since nearly everyone had their chance at redemption, which I wholeheartedly appreciated.

Music, unfortunately, was pretty mediocre, and forgettable.

I must say this though. I liked Pinocchio but I didn't fall in love with it. At the end of the day,though, Pinocchio is a great drama with lots of heart that explores morals, and has sincere relatable characters.

(8.5/9.5)
Be With You
Jul 30, 2015
Story wise, it was a little bit cliche the way the plot developed from episode 40 onwards.The first 40 episodes were interesting and it didn't feel like a daily drama at the rate it was going. I was very entertained, but episodes 40-the end got a bit more boring in comparison to the first 40 episodes. Regardless, I did like the plot, considering that it's a daily drama. At the very least, read more nothing about it tempted me to drop this drama. I think I kept watching because I wanted to know what happened to the second lead’s (Man Li-Vivi Lee)and Ying Qian’s (Bobby Dou's character's brother) storyline. The only flaw I saw was that this drama had a malicious second female lead, and that really annoyed me because it felt like it was completely unnecessary. I don’t usually like to compare dramas but since this is also a SETTV daily drama, I think Fabulous 30 was done much better. Vivi Lee was better in that drama; she was also the main female lead there.

Although the main leads were supposed to be Bobby Dou and PeiJia Huang's characters, I was more interested in Man Li (Vivi Lee’s) character and romance development. Her storyline had more chemistry than the main leads. To be honest, I liked the supporting characters more than the leads as well. Ying Jie’s (Bobby Dou) brother was adorable; I really liked his storyline. I wish it could have been shown more though. However, I felt that his plot line was better developed and made more sense, whereas I didn't really see how the main leads fell in love with each other other than the fact they were childhood best friends turn into secretly crushing on each other. The family scenes were heartwarming, albeit a little cliche, with the disapproving parents versus the warm-hearted parents. There was comedic relief as well; that was good.

Honestly, I’m usually pretty easily satisfied with the OST because I'm in the moment unless they are really terrible. So, I did like the music, especially the song played when Ying Qian’s (Ying Jie’s brother) storyline came on. My favorite character was definitely Shang de (Adrian Tan), who seems to be a newbie as this is his first major role, and I look forward to see him in more dramas.

I don’t think I would re-watch this drama actually. I personally like daily dramas, but I would only re-watch a few of my favorite scenes at most. Going through it all the way again would be too much. But, I do recommend this drama for those of you that like daily dramas like me, as well as multiple romantic storylines that are not developed within a few episodes, but rather a lot of episodes. Also, if you liked Fabulous 30 or anything like it (see my reviews), I do think you would enjoy this drama. (8/7.5)
In Between
May 24, 2015
Simple, charming, and easy to watch. I thought In Between was a nice drama to pass time and it was interesting enough to keep me watching. The story didn't have any of the usual T-Drama cliches so that was nice. It's a pretty slow moving drama but I thought it was well-paced. The story mostly revolves around Johnny Lu, the male lead, and after watching this drama, I can see that he read more is a great actor. In my opinion, I thought the crying scenes were pretty realistic and my favorite part of the whole drama is watching Johnny's character mature drastically from the first episode to a completely different person by the end of the drama.

Janel Tsai, the female lead, is a decent actress. Some of her acting felt forced at times, but overall, I enjoyed her chemistry with Johnny. They make a cute OTP! Many people dislike Vivi Lee because of her always playing the second female lead, but I think she is a great actress with lots of potential- in this drama I thought she played her part very well.

The music is easy on the ears, but I do think it's a bit repetitive. Regardless, like the drama, the songs were nice and simple to listen to.

I personally would not rewatch it mainly because there were many plot twists/character developments that just wouldn't be the same if I rewatch in comparison as to watching this drama for the first time.

Nevertheless, I recommend watching this drama because it's a no pressure drama with a straightforward story line, along with an adorable OTP. (8/7.5)

1 day ago