jewel969

A Clear Midsummer Night
Jun 6, 2013
Good God, this series has been my life for the past week or so. My laptop was practically attached to my hip so I wouldn't have to stop watching the episodes. I'm not normally a huge fan of dramas since they're usually cliched or predictable, but I really LOVED this one. To the point that I stayed up until 5 in the morning because I could not stop.

This drama was a read more wonderful mix of different elements from family drama to romance to corporate scheming. The cast and character dynamics were just fantastic- I adored Jingfan and Xie Chuang's relationship! That being said, the romance was still my favorite part. Yang Mi and Hawick Lau are flawless; my otp in real life and in the show! Hawick's portrayal of a flippant playboy was great and his chemistry with Yang Mi's character had me flailing in happiness because they were just so darn cute.

I laughed. I cried. I fangirled. I very nearly threw my laptop across the room in anger. And then I repeat the cycle as I rewatch the series for the third (or is it fourth?) time. Seriously, I cannot gush enough about this drama and I highly, HIGHLY recommend!

Dec 31, 1969