kiera

Eternal Love Review

kiera
Mar 1, 2017

I made a vow to write a review immediately after the show ended and believe me when I say the emotions are still raw. Where do I even start? Eternal Love is such a compelling and beautiful piece I don't think I can find the exact words to describe it.

The story is brilliant in itself and I am honestly sure it did the book justice. I think if you're watching this without reading the book beforehand, you would love the show a lot more because you're watching without expectations plus either way, Eternal Love will blow you away (even if you're not a fantasy/xianxia/historical genre kind of person) Also, If you like The Journey of Flower, you will love this without a doubt.

Everything, every single thing is so stunning from the costumes, to the set and the cinematography. And the most beautiful part is, of course, their love story. The different clans coming together and all the magical elements and all are very interesting. I won't delve into the story too much because its pretty complicated but fear not, you will never be bored of it for a second.

The acting was spectacular. Yang Mi did a fantastic job as always. Although it was my first time watching Mark Chao, his character as either Mo Yuan or Ye Hua is so easily to fall in love with because he is that good at acting. Chemistry was flawless. A transparent love was beautifully portrayed; you could feel their love and pain and share their happiness. Kiss scenes are very good too. They're not exactly rough but tender and deep? I honestly did not expect so many kiss scenes because I was quite disappointed with the lack of intimacy in The Journey of Flower but you're blessed here :')

Every other character was very likeable having their own unique personalities. The other side characters and love stories are also super sweet especially Dong Hua's and Feng Jui's.

It seems like everything about the drama is perfect even its music is so apt. The entire OST is so enchanting played at right timings. The duet is so haunting which really gives Bai Qian & Ye Hua moments that goosebumps. So, so good.

The only problem I have (not with the drama) is that I hate misunderstandings that cause conflicts in a relationship which my heart cannot handle. Ye Hua and Bai Qian's relationship has many 'tragedies' that can really break your heart because they've been through so many tribulations caused by some side bitches but in the end, everything for this drama is worth it.

Rewatch it? Definitely. No qualms about it.

This is truly a masterpiece and I can safely say Eternal Love is my favourite C-Drama.

Comments (8)

• Login or Register to post comments
    MiraiArtx 14 hours ago

I definitely agree with your review! I was also disappointed by Journey of Flower although they did film a kiss scene that was cut out of the final product. :(

Linda7 Mar 28, 2017

I agree 100% on everything you said .

cynthia Mar 22, 2017

100% agreement

Ma Ri Ana Mar 20, 2017

100% agreement with your comments.. I've re-watched it so many times .. I hope they will make another drama about Mo Yuan (portray by Mark Chao) and his lover (portray by Yang Mi)..

pammo1949 Mar 16, 2017

100% agreement with your comments. It was the best directed, acted, cinematography and emotional investment. I couldn't stop crying after episode 57 and even when it ended I still cried. WHen my husband told me he dreamed about the show I knew then the story was so vivid and making a major impact in our lives daily. Sometimes I would watch raw because I couldn't wait for the translations. THe dialogue and script writing was entertaining and plausible throughout. Just pure enjoyment. Definitely will rewatch.

MissKathy Mar 9, 2017

I totally agree with you! I've re-watched it so many times! haha

lotus Mar 5, 2017