sayaraohara

Cheese in the Trap
Mar 1, 2016
Honestly this is my 1 favorite drama! I have never had a 1 favorite drama but this one is a knock out.
The story starts slow but it becomes a mind blower. At first I had no feelings about the characters or the actors because I didn't know any of them and the story was still mysterious. I honestly watched it to fill the void after Bubblegum and Oh my Venus, by read more this drama has such a deep psychological and human side to it that sucks you in endless debates about what is right and wrong, who is to blame, is revenge acceptable and if it is to what degree is it acceptable and the Jung vs Inho debate; who is best for Seol (even though for me Team Jung forever). It adresses many issues in a way that doesn't manipulate your opinion but gives you the facts and lets you decide what side you're on. I was glad it gave a focus to the introverts vs extroverts issues and how society always sides with the extroverts even when they're at fault and labels introverts as weirdos (psychopaths) that needs to be dealt with. The characters are very realistic, their reactions are genuine even though some argued that some of them are exaggerated but for me there are actual people who behave and screw people like that. And don't get me started with the acting everybody is perfect specially Lee Sung Kyung. She played Inha brilliantly. This drama deserves a reward. I only wish there was more screen time for Park Hae Jin and I also would've loved more time for the couple to actually grow deeper. This drama is the first drama that gave me a post drama depression. I am going to miss it.
I would definitely watch this again b I wouldn't recommend it for people who are looking for a cozy lovy-dovy drama.
Hwarang
Jun 19, 2017
This is my first review so bear with me ^^
It's also the first time that I cried after finishing a drama, it was just too god to end. So my first review had to be on this. Honestly I have been putting this drama off because of the poster it just bothered me and I didn't like Park Seo Joon much but I fell in love with him watching Fight My read more Way and I had to see him waiting for the next episode. I started Hwarang and I got hooked like never before.
The story is a classical seguk: A nameless boy looking for his family and revenge, a kind girl whose love changed the course of history and a faceless king longing for his throne but he didn't have the power to reach it so he hid waiting for an opportunity while his people suffered. Some couldn't wait for his return, these progressive dreamers wanted a better society so they gathered beautiful flowerboys to teach them how to create an ideal society and thus Hwarang was born. In hwarang the boys learned virtues, ethics and duty but more importantly they learned to rely on each other. Against the political current and personal interest our heroes had to fight to change things to the better.

How is this DIFFERENT then any other SEGUK?
1. BROMANCE OVERLOAD: it's just everywhere
2. CHEMISTRY: the leads are perfect for each other
3. KISSES: unlike normal seguk where you'll grow old before they hold hands and rip before the kiss, this id full of kisses!
4. HOT GUYS: don't even get me started
5. BTS: do I even need to explain?!
6. OSTs: seriously this drama has a lot of good osts
7. MODERN REFERENCES it added freshness and fun to this heavy plot especially the Club! and that DANCE!
THE BEST PART ------> PARK SEO JOON did a cover of "Became Each Other's Tears" and he's PERFECT!
I'm definitly watching this again and I wouldn't need to wait until I forget it.
Thank you for this amazing drama I loved every moment of it and I didn't skip a second.
The Master's Sun
Oct 18, 2015
I loved this drama so much. I just finished downloading it because I will definitely watch it again and again. This story is amazing I loved the cast, the acting and OMG! the music everything was fit. It wasn't perfect of course because honestly I didn't like the fact that she played hard to get at the end It confused me.

November 30