SuchismitaTripathy

The Bride of Habaek Review

SuchismitaTripathy
Aug 23, 2017

Are you looking for a great plot?
Are you looking for a gripping adrenaline fest to watch on the edge of your seat?
Are you looking for a mature story line and brilliant characters?

THEN DON'T WATCH IT !!!!

Not only that this is a huge snooze fest, The actors and the characters have absolutely spark and the story makes no sense. This was the biggest disappointment of 2017 after last year's uncontrollably fond. Not only they managed to completely destroy a beautiful story but they reached new heights of trying to make a fool out of the viewers.

This whole drama was just pretty people declaring themselves as deities and acting like snobby little bastards and squabbling like high school kids. The story was long lost and there was almost no chemistry between the leads.

Genre : rom-com, supernatural, manwha

Story : This drama was inspired from the manwha series Bride of water god by Yoon Mi Kyung and then they went ahead to rip the story into shreds turning it into bullshit. If you're looking for a similar story as the manwha about sacrifice, love and grace and politics, then go watch something else because this has absolutely none of that shit.
The so called god of water is a narcissistic asshole who's self-centered to the point you're annoyed. Yoon So Ah is a materialistic bitch who is way too involved in acting like the victim. The story makes no sense till a while and the characters that actually were exciting like the one of Im Joo Hwan and the nurse aren't developed further.
At least Goblin developed all the characters well.

Actors : Shin se kyung is a bad actress and i don't think i am going to watch any of her other dramas. Nam Joo hyuk's acting was a wasted opportunity same as In joo Hwans story. There is almost no chemistry between the leads and the other side actors aren't that commendable. The only surprise in the package was Crystal who surprisingly was way better than the drama.

Will i watch it again... Hell No.
Will i recommend it to anyone?... I am doing a public service by advising you to go look for some other drama. Seriously there are tons of better ones out there.

Comments (18)

• Login or Register to post comments
    Bri 15 days ago - edited

Ahhhh, this review was the most satisfying thing to read, because that's EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you!! THERE WAS NO CHEMISTRY!!

Irusu 18 days ago - edited

The music was nice though.

SuchismitaTripathy 4 days ago

to some point, yes. But the problem was, it didn't match the scenes in any way and seemed uselessly distracting at times. I blame the bad editing.

TheSimpleton 22 days ago - edited

Really great review. You hit right on the spot. :)

hope 22 days ago - edited

Great review, I only lasted one episode and I could already tell it was going to be an awful drama. I loved Nam joo hyuks Previous dramas and I didn't want to dislike him because he had picked a drama that didn't suit him so I didn't carry on as his acting, the make-up, the set, lack of chemistry, poor female lead and story seemed so poor.

SuchismitaTripathy 4 days ago

i am so glad you didn't bother completing it. All my excitement died after epi 4 when i realised they aren't going to follow the main story.

Samantha Kollman 29 days ago - edited

Only made it to the end because I think Im Joo Hwan is a great actor. Otherwise I was basically hate watching it because I just could not believe how bad the story/script was. I don't think I have ever cared so little for the OTP before.

SuchismitaTripathy 4 days ago

ikr.... i hated how little they used his story in the drama. I mean think of the possibilities... It was completely a lost opportunity.

KdramaInspirit 29 days ago - edited

Yes I hated myself for sticking through the whole 16 episodes just because I've already invested too much time watching. I was actually hoping that it will turn out okay at least but I was halfway through the series when I realized that this was a lost cause. So I'll say we are hmm "sacrificial lambs" of sort? It's nice of you to do a public service by advising people not to watch LOL that cracked me up. I definitely wouldn't recommend this drama even if it's the last drama on earth.

SuchismitaTripathy 4 days ago

me too... I started reading the manhwa because i heard it was awesome and was super excited. Although i didn't complete it, the whole theme of the story seemed amazing, kind of like Goblin but they destroyed it.

lhisa 30 days ago - edited

Well said! This drama really sucks!!!

AnanyaS 30 days ago - edited

Agree with you on everything!

FlowerChild Aug 23, 2017 - edited

ahahah found this really funny when ya say "I am doing a public service by advising you"

Hyderabad, India