Even though the settings are different, I found many similarities between the two dramas:
- A cold, selfish but brilliant man becomes in charge of a group of people
- A sweet, warm-hearted girl falls in love with him
- A kinder second lead pines after the girl
- The dramas concentrate on the lives of the group of people also rather than just the main couple (more so in Beethoven's Virus, I think).
- Main lead makes decisions for the group that others don't approve of, causes drama
- Main lead slowly earns the trust of the members creating a more united team
The only major difference I saw was that there wasn't as much of an emphasis on romance in Beethoven's Virus as there was in Pasta.