- Overall 9.0
- Story 9.5
- Acting/Cast 7.0
- Music 7.0
- Rewatch Value 8.5
Why you should watch this? Because...
...you are an EXO fan (this goes from official EXO-L to I-just-like-them-fan)
...you like spring-like fluffy and happy dramas
...you like it when there is not too much drama and when it's fast-paced
...you like cheesy and giggly love stories combined with cringe-worthy (in a positive way) humor ;D
If you are positive of ONE OR MORE of these reasons, then I definitely recommend this drama. read more What I like about EXO Next Door?
- it's kinda fluffy and has its own flavor (?) or own charme...
- It's EXO...so the "star-factor" is actually believeable XO
- The humor is really easy to understand and funny to watch
- Fast-paced!!!! (Well, the episodes are 15 minutes, what did we expect?)
- Some drama scenarios but it's kept in like a 10 minute time-frame
- It looks nice (and no, I don't mean "ooh look at the handsome...", I mean it has nice colors and a nice atmosphere
- (maybe surprisingly) there is (imo) good chemistry between the male lead and female lead
- funniest friendship ever!
- satisfying end
- good mix and alternation between drama-comedy-love story
- (almost) typical characters with cheesy lines and corny actions put together in an amazingly great way. Whoever wrote the script actually made it work out quite well.
What I dislike about EXO Next Door?
- sometimes too short (I would watch it even if it was 60 minutes per episode, seriously!)
- serious second lead syndrome!!! (says someone who loves first leads...but in the end I cheered for the 1st lead XP)
- Sometimes the humor may be too much or too over-the-top for some people
- for someone who seriously dislikes EXO, don't watch it. You can watch it even if you are no fan of them but not if you dislike them...
- some cringe-worthy acting (this time in a negative way)
- there was this one song the played again and again and again...and I can't hear it anymore...it's literally hurting to hear it after 16 episodes and all those weeks!!! (except for the repetition, the music was really good)
So, for the end note of my review: I soooo hope they make something like a season 2 one day, because I already miss watching it. EXO Next Door is definitely no must-watch drama and no rival to one of the 40 minute-episode dramas BUT I really think it has its own charme which makes it unique and I don't think there is any other drama like this out there...The main advice is the same as with (almost) every other drama: Watch the first 3 episodes, then decide...at least here that's only 45 minutes XD