- Overall 5.5
- Story 6.0
- Acting/Cast 8.0
- Music 8.0
- Rewatch Value 5.0
Well, that was a disappointment. This dorama had everything to be a success, but it failed. I was so excited to watch it... Not that it doesn't have good things. But it is like all good things have a counteract.
- Good cast: many good actors (Yamada Takayuki, Osamu Mukai, Shibasaki Kou), many popular actors (Fujiki Naohito, Mizuhara Kiko, Maeda Atsuko), good guest actors (Namase Katsuhisa, Nishida Toshiyuki) BUT, to me, only read more 3 were exceptionally good. They were Kaho, Osamu Mukai and Takahashi Issei. I may have cried a little bit with Kaho and Issei, their roles were touching and they were so good, with such a natural acting. I can't say the same for Oguri Shun as Saburo... he can't play a goofy guy without seem pathetic. It was like he was trying too hard. There was no chemistry between him and his wife; it was like they were more siblings like a married couple. Yamada Takayuki was too creepy (creepy smile, creepy role and creepy stalking). There were a lot of shouting; "donno!" this, "donno!" that; the guy who played Mori was laughably bad.
- Beautiful outfits, with a nice fabric and catching colors. BUT, they were hardly historical costumes. They were too modern. WTH with Nobunaga and his outfits that resembled pajamas? If I am correct, the dorama takes a span of at least 6-7 years (at the beginning Nobunaga's sister gets married and at the end, she has 3 daughters). Saburo goes to the Warring States period with a pair of grey socks. And by the end of the dorama, he still has the same pair? Because in no way he kept at least half a dozen of the same socks in his bag. He goes with a white hoodie, and in the 2nd episode he has ANOTHER white hoodie. I get that he has to have some outfits that make him HIM, a person from another time, but to have his clothes half in one fabric and half in another was too much...
- It has it touching moments, like the one with Oyuki and Ichi and her husband, BUT there were many corny scenes as well. I hate when the dorama shows the audience how nice and kind a person is, trying to sell us his/her good image just to kill that character later. Not that I liked the guy, he was so pathetic. I couldn't even watch his face, and every time he shouted "Donno!!", my, how annoying. His son was another pathetic character.
- I like time travel stories, BUT, it was never explained WHY or HOW Saburo traveled in time. And what about the others? And what happens in the present day? I guess I am comparing it to JIN, where all was well explained.
- I liked that Saburo, with his fresh personality, made his retainers to love him, BUT it was also kind of ridiculous and far from believable how he escaped several dangerous situations, how no one wondered about his clothes or weird behavior.
- Good OST, there was one sweet, quiet one. I liked the opening sequence + the opening song (it was like adventurous, rockish) and the ending song is one of Mr Children, whom I know now from Orange Days. It was a good song, BUT there was one soundtrack that didn't suit the story at all and it was used several times when it wasn't supposed to be used. Like, it was a serious scene but the OST was like a fun one.
- I did not like the end. Besides, from being an annoyed Nobunaga's loyal retainer ("You are not the real Nobunaga, go away please") he suddenly decides that "please, stay with us donno". Huh? Make up your mind Tsune-chan. I hate that I won't see a likable character anymore in the movie, and that a hateful one will still be there with that creepy smile.
I don't know, many things would have been OK if this was a comedy, but it wasn't. And it wasn't a JIN either.