Thank you for your hard work!!

Thank you so much for this, i have been trying to understand what Gwanju means and have been so confused haha. This is an excellent guide. 

I do have a question though what does the Gwanju have to do with sword collections? I remember a past episode of Jang Uk and Jin Mu laying claim to Naksu sword and using their position as heir to Gwanju and assistant Gwanju to strengthen their claim to the sword.

Fujihara Tomomi:
Seo Gyeong: 徐經, Xu Jing: Xu, again, as a surname. Jing means to endure, to go through something.

Did you notice that Seo Gyeong and Mother Jin have the same first name - Gyeong?  For several weeks, I have used the name "Jin Ho-kyung" which is how the Asian web sites (including tvN) identify her.  But Netflix finally spelled it out as Jin Ho-Gyeong.  I don't know if it means anything or not.

Kathryn_51:

Did you notice that Seo Gyeong and Mother Jin have the same first name - Gyeong?  For several weeks, I have used the name "Jin Ho-kyung" which is how the Asian web sites (including tvN) identify her.  But Netflix finally spelled it out as Jin Ho-Gyeong.  I don't know if it means anything or not.

They actually have different characters written for their names. Madam Jin Ho-Gyeong, her Gyeong is 警  (jing), which means alert or vigilant. While Master Seo Gyeong, his Gyeong is 經 read as jing as well but different meaning. Jing here means to endure something instead. As far as I know, Korean uses 2 romanization systems to write the pronunciations. Even Google Translate uses a different system as romanization from what we see in Netflix's translations. For instance, Mu Deok is written as Mu Deogi instead in Google Translate.

Major Updates on 7/17/22:

Added description of Daeho since many new viewers were very confused about organizations, locations, etc.

Also added a new category of Historical figures.  

UPDATE: 31st of June 2022

I updated Naksu's real name, and Seo Yul's father's. I also included some of the places' names.

Thank you for sharing this! These names are all very meaningful. I love the attention to detail and thought put into the storytelling.

Pizzazzpeony:

Thank you for sharing this! These names are all very meaningful. I love the attention to detail and thought put into the storytelling.

Thank you for reading ><