Dainora Petrauskaite:

We would give 100 if we could...

Hahaha... True.

NOPE. Definitely not overrated in MDL and even in local TV ratings. 

In truth as a cable tv rated show, it should probably be at least 10% everage. And MDL should be 10. Though realistically speaking i guess 9.3 is okay. But this drama will definitely  go down as one of the best dramas of all time.

Underrated since it was competing with Something in the Rain, everyone (in Korea) had news about that drama all the time, and  MM deserved much much much better TV ratings than it should've had. Also idk if this is true, but I heard that SITR won the best drama in 2018?? Someone please tell me it's false.... not trying to compare the two cus they are different dramas but I really think MM deserves all the success they should get. 

melondrx:

Underrated since it was competing with Something in the Rain, everyone (in Korea) had news about that drama all the time, and  MM deserved much much much better TV ratings than it should've had. Also idk if this is true, but I heard that SITR won the best drama in 2018?? Someone please tell me it's false.... not trying to compare the two cus they are different dramas but I really think MM deserves all the success they should get. 

Is this even possible when we are only in early August?  I agree with you 100% that MA deserves to net loads of awards, but sadly I have to lower my expectations.  The age-gap controversies surrounding this drama are not going away any time soon and I am afraid it will badly affect their chances at winning awards/nominations.  And SITR, as problematic as it was in the second half, seems to be very very well loved in South Korea.

I was not ready to give it a try from the plot info and despite good reviews but finally when I watched just two episodes I was hooked. And I liked how watched till the end without skimming. I liked Another Miss oh (not among my most favourite but it was decent) and signal and good story and all (but didn't like the actors and picked it up twice and completed with skimming.) I didn't had the same feelings (watching last half of the drama) which I had while watching rest of the drama. In short, okay it ended but it still felt incomplete or like something was missing. Anyway drama was worth it. Won't re-watch it though. 

yes its underrated 9.3 is very low for this drama

seeing this drama as just a romance is an insult to the relationship of dong hoon and ji an. id like to think there is a romance between them and they one way or another realize it but because of what they and the value they hold they just cant admit it openly. for them to do so there are things they need to throw away and i think they are not that heartless to do so. 

and i think its more beautiful for them to express their feeling through action and subtle expression

and yeah like everyone else said the word overrated is not for this series, this series deserve no less than the highest possible score.

I think rating a project all has to do with what you're in the mood for when watching and what you're expectations are with the item that you are watching. When I started My Mister, I actually had really low expectations. I wasn't particularly a fan of IU's acting or even Lee Sun Gyun and I definitely didn't want to see a romance between them since IU looks so young for her age. So I was pleasantly surprised by My Mister - the interesting characters,  relationship developments, the underlying themes about life, and nuances between characters that carried deeper meanings resonated with me. I don't think the series is for everyone and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is looking for something romantic, light, and fun.  Apparently, a lot of people in Korea dislike the drama for being controversial.

Am I the only one who finds this show more stressful than anything else. This rating seems to be rather absurd.  Im under no illusion that this show wasn't meant to be a all sunshine and rainbows however this has a hopelessness after taste.

Arihant D:

Wow,these are some different interpretations,esp the Joseon one !

I still don't get the fact that they have found their way to each other .It just seemed that they were saying goodbye..Anyways,thanks for bringing this to my notice and also the fact as to why they need to be subtle about this.

I feel exactly the same. It didn't feel to me like "oh my gosh, we've found each other, let's be together", but like "wow, you have finally found your own comfort. I'm so happy for you."

Arihant D:

Really, ratings of 9.3 are underrated???

Defenitely underrated for me

if it’s possible it should be 10 /10

This drama has so much of inner deep meaning than one sees

Arihant D:

Wow,these are some different interpretations,esp the Joseon one !

I still don't get the fact that they have found their way to each other .It just seemed that they were saying goodbye..Anyways,thanks for bringing this to my notice and also the fact as to why they need to be subtle about this.

Well, it is just so obvious to me! On an emotional level they helped each other, also mentally and a bit even spiritually. But these connections does not necessarily lead to decisions, like obviously the husband wouldn't want to leave his wife and child, he'd try to seek for forgiveness within himself and save the relationship. (not to mention the very traditional conventions of Far East where divorce is still something that they despise and condemn very much).  And he never ever said that he likes her back, even Ji An felt that a bit of liking him would confuse things, this is why she asked him to hit her 'to be in the right mind'. So they gave each other positive things, kindness and love, they just never became a couple, they didn't want to destroy anybody and anything (ok, except the evil CEO and the loan shark out of self-defense), it was just healing what they gave to each other. Very wise, very smart, very intelligent. Not to mention, right in morals. Something we should even teach.

Kado:

Am I the only one who finds this show more stressful than anything else. This rating seems to be rather absurd.  Im under no illusion that this show wasn't meant to be a all sunshine and rainbows however this has a hopelessness after taste.

Hopelessness only if you have too big wishes for real life ;)

Yes, just like a lot of things are on mydramalist.

I dont know why everyone wants to fit a legendary story about interpersonal human relationships into heteronormative lens. Literally one of the biggest quotes from the show is "if you think about it, every interpersonal relationship is unique and fascinating." It is not a love story, neither is it a story of a great platonic friendship love. It doesnt have to fit into the heteronormative classification of friendship and romance. Every human relationship is very personal and unique in itself but we are the one who classify it as love friendship family etc. and try to fit those individualistic bond into one of these boxes duh! The show literally tells us that that doesn't have to be the case by showcasing a bond that is neither!