My Only Love Song

Asma Beep
Jun 12, 2018
I don't usually watch historical dramas, but I've changed my mind since watching this! Loved the scenes and the costumes. I was pretty annoyed at Seung Yong's acting at the beginning as she was practically screaming but it became okay towards the middle. The cast was great and the acting was good. The drama does get a little boring, mainly due to flashbacks and unnecessary script wanderings, but overall the drama was solid throughout. Drama started out light and I was laughing, but I ended up crying at the end. I would probably not watch it again, but I seriously want a sequel!

SapphirePetal
Dec 17, 2017
I watched My Only Love Song on Netflix, which felt a little bit weird for me at first after getting used to watching everything on Viki or online.

Anyway, I'll start with the Cast; AMAZING. I loved the characters and the acting was good. The main leads had insanely great chemistry, and the kiss scenes and skinship felt very natural and not at all forced. Not to forget Moomyung and Pyongang, they were so sweet and I loved them so much! The villain general had a good actor too, he portrayed him well in my opinion. FT.Island's Lee Jaejin did a great job in this drama too, his character was very lovable.

Next stop; Music. The drama had like 2 songs playing on a loop, the rest of the soundtrack was instrumental. The songs and instrumentals were really good but I took points away because it felt strange that they played the same two songs on loop all the time.

Moving on to the Story. It was truly the Achilles' heel of this drama. At first I really liked it, but then it started to have these weird plot holes and some of the things that happened and the things some of the characters did didn't really make sense, and the very end of the last episode left me feeling very confused. What happened there?? What does that mean? I have no clue.

But overall, if you have nothing better to do I'd recommend watching this drama just for the cast and the characters. The plot wasn't all bad either, so this could be a great way to kill some time when you're bored. If you don't mind the plot holes, this drama is actually really entertaining. Also, the episodes are very short (~20min) so this would be a quick watch even though it has 20 episodes. Anyway, thanks for reading my review, I hope it was helpful!

Moon _Lovers
May 9, 2018
I personally loved it at such short time it became my second favourite K-Drama as my first is Moon Lovers but I'm not here to discuss moon lovers,

I loved the acting and how the story line progressed well I found myself crying many times on this but then laughing. There are going to be characters you hate like in all Drama's You feel yourself understanding the protagonist more and more I also loved the way they brought people from the protagonists life into the past and made it seem like there life before like you know reincarnation and stuff.

I loved it even though it didn't make sense at the start very much it was a very interesting drama to watch cause they changed history in away *winks* not telling how tho cause that will ruin the story for those that haven't seen it yet.

Overall the characters the story everything was amazing the romance in this was also top notch I loved it! I'm pretty sure you will like it to and find yourself laughing at how the people act, Even if you don't particularly like historical drama's I'm pretty sure you will like this one! have fun watching <3

v
Dec 23, 2017
the acting in this was superb but the script was horrendous. this entire drama was filled with over the top cringeworthy humour and awful relationship development. i could barely get through an episode without gagging lol.

like everyone says, the main couple had great chemistry but that wasnt enough to get past their annoying relationship development. i actually liked them better before they got together.

and i’ll be honest while the acting was good, the only natural character in this drama was sam yong. everyone else seemed so awkward and out of place.

this story had potential but the story just wasnt executed well :/

NaomiPerison
Jun 12, 2017
Usually I hate time travel because its just not my cup of tea. But I started this and I didnt regret it!! I love this drama so so SOOO MUCH!! It was so cute and it had action in it to make you wanna watch more!! I hope there is a season 2!!

Story- Like I said before I dont like time travel but this drama make me wanna watch more of time travel. The story of it is just amazing and I wish it was longer and not only 20 episodes that 30 minutes long.

Acting/Cast- The cast is amazing and it fits the drama. The actor who plays On Dal is so charming in my opinion!! (fangirls) Also, the actress who play "Nann-yeon" is such an amazing actress, I wanna watch more dramas of them two together!!

Music- I love the music in this drama so much!! I sing along with it whenever it plays!! It;s one of my favourite soundtracks!!

Rewatch Value- I actually rewatched this after I first finished it because I loved it so much!!

Overall- I recommend this to everyone who loves a historical romance!!!

desc
Jun 13, 2017
This drama is so good . Their chemistry in this drama is so REAL . Iam didnt expect too much when first i watched it . But woah i got hooked . All casted doing so perfect in this drama . This drama is light drama with romance and the comedy thing ( iam sure u can't find this comedy in another drama ) this is the best drama i had watched in 2017 . Will rewatch it again TODAY
Gladinaa
Jun 14, 2017
This is my first time reviewing a drama.. and this drama was really good

Story: The story was good ,I would give it an 8 ,it had a lot of twist and turns.The story was fun to watch

Acting/Cast: The acting and the cast was really good. They gave equal parts to all the main characters. And as expected from the WGM couple.. Their skinship was amazing .The romance didn't look forced
and the kissing scenes were a must rewatch.

Music: It was a good , but not a memorable one

Rewatch: i just finished the drama and i really want to rewatch some scenes , For the rewatch level I give it an 8

Overall: i felt this drama is fun to watch , and a good drama for time pass..

Charity Mariposa
Jun 18, 2017
No doubt, this show further proves that Lee Jong Hyun and Gong Seung Yeon's chemistry is really MAGICAL! Although JH has been thought to be better off as an idol and a musician/singer than an actor, his acting opposite someone he truly/obviously adores in real life, apparently helped in overcoming his awkwardness as an actor. The lovely SY has been showing steady progress and strong skills in acting since she debuted, so she pulled off the spoiled, potty-mouthed, top-star and lovable character! Haha! She was able to balance off that sexy and elegant vis-a-vis serious and funny Soojung whom charismatic Ondal and narcissistic Gen. Ko Ilyong would fall for. Joo-hyung Park's skilled portrayal of the narcissistic villain is spot on, and truly hilarious, which makes the show more enjoyable to watch. Lee Jaejin's Samyong is also memorable and endearing; Didn't know Jaejin could act so well! Bravo to all the actors!

Many scenes appeared to be referenced from JH and SY's stint in We Got Married, which worked nonetheless, especially since this drama undoubtedly has a built-in fan-base; And many would be more than satisfied to see the long-awaited onscreen reunion that comes with bonus intimate scenes between the two main leads. Since this show is a web-drama and expects foreign viewership, the usually censored lines/actions and kissing scenes in Korean TV dramas were done away with. Those kissing scenes, by the way, were done confidently with passion and intensity. It was indeed a great move to cast JH and SY to be the leads in this drama!

There was some trouble with continuity of scenes and the storyline. The show also obviously lacked budget/the luster of the usual cast-of-a-thousand-extras/actors saeguk dramas; But when you are too busy swooning over the visuals and sweetness of the 2 main characters, all is glossed over with the taste of honey that overflows from every interaction of Soojong and Ondal. The director and production team did a good job anyhow, with the resources made available for them. The script obviously invested more on the main leads and it worked just fine.

If only for the contagious sweetness of the 2 main leads/characters, together with the magic that they create together that lights up the screen, this drama is quite a RECHARGING experience that is worth to be rewatched over and over. A Season 2 would be even better!

Lively Persimmon
Jun 23, 2017
i really really loved this drama it gave me drama fever for 4 days straight the plot and story fit together perfectly but i think the drama needed more than 20 episodes to express the true means of it. i also have to be completely honest i really don't think that gong seung yeon really portrayed the character song soo jung that well she didn't seem to have that bad rich girl feel i expected but lee jong hyun did ondal perfectly he espressed how money was just a hobby to get over his mother that was sold to people

i really didn't pay attendion to the music but hey the drama is called my only love song so yeah there should be good music am i right?.

princess pyung gang and moo myung were a couple you could tell from a start that they were going to fall in love as moo myung had great care and loyalty for her and he would always do what she said but from the start moo myung fell for her first but he couldn't understand his feelings for her which left the romance complicated but over alll

this drama was GOOD THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW