My Only Love Song

hdef
Dec 30, 2017
First  i didnt know Netflix had anything in the k drama division. But it was a very nice surprise. It has a nice comedy/ romance/ time travel story. It is nice to see something with a nice twist
 Second not going to give any spoilers but its a not so serious drama, episodes are half hour so you can really enjoy it. the pace in certain moments were a bit fast but never had that slow pace where you have to jump scene (yes there are some where you just hate that they drag it). The ending was perfect even though they could have cut out some of the flash backs and opted for more reunion in future and past. Overall it has a very good balance of quirkiness and cute.
 Its just a good drama to simply watch just to pick me up.

gwenp29
Jul 12, 2017
I love this drama. If you want to watch a drama but don't really have much time to invest in it, this is a pretty good alternative. Although it is 20 episodes, each episode is only 30 minutes long. Usually when they're short dramas, it feels like the story gets rushed in the end. I didn't think that was the case with this one.

THE STORY
A bratty actress finds herself transported to ancient times where she meets a guy who is the complete opposite of everything she wanted. It reminded me of The Queen & I where the girl is from modern times and the guy is from years in the past.

THE CAST
Everybody did a great job. The chemistry between Jonghyun and Seungyeon were on point. And hearing about them being in We Got Married made me want to watch the episodes. I ship these two now. They're so cute together. The other characters were great too. Even the supporting casts.

THE MUSIC
The music is why this wasn't a perfect 10 for me. It didn't really have enough songs to be memorable.

REWATCH VALUE
I will definitely re-watch this. So good.

OVERALL
My final rating is 9.5. I totally recommend this.

Asma Beep
Jun 12, 2018
I don't usually watch historical dramas, but I've changed my mind since watching this! Loved the scenes and the costumes. I was pretty annoyed at Seung Yong's acting at the beginning as she was practically screaming but it became okay towards the middle. The cast was great and the acting was good. The drama does get a little boring, mainly due to flashbacks and unnecessary script wanderings, but overall the drama was solid throughout. Drama started out light and I was laughing, but I ended up crying at the end. I would probably not watch it again, but I seriously want a sequel!

SapphirePetal
Dec 17, 2017
I watched My Only Love Song on Netflix, which felt a little bit weird for me at first after getting used to watching everything on Viki or online.

Anyway, I'll start with the Cast; AMAZING. I loved the characters and the acting was good. The main leads had insanely great chemistry, and the kiss scenes and skinship felt very natural and not at all forced. Not to forget Moomyung and Pyongang, they were so sweet and I loved them so much! The villain general had a good actor too, he portrayed him well in my opinion. FT.Island's Lee Jaejin did a great job in this drama too, his character was very lovable.

Next stop; Music. The drama had like 2 songs playing on a loop, the rest of the soundtrack was instrumental. The songs and instrumentals were really good but I took points away because it felt strange that they played the same two songs on loop all the time.

Moving on to the Story. It was truly the Achilles' heel of this drama. At first I really liked it, but then it started to have these weird plot holes and some of the things that happened and the things some of the characters did didn't really make sense, and the very end of the last episode left me feeling very confused. What happened there?? What does that mean? I have no clue.

But overall, if you have nothing better to do I'd recommend watching this drama just for the cast and the characters. The plot wasn't all bad either, so this could be a great way to kill some time when you're bored. If you don't mind the plot holes, this drama is actually really entertaining. Also, the episodes are very short (~20min) so this would be a quick watch even though it has 20 episodes. Anyway, thanks for reading my review, I hope it was helpful!

Sam-I-Am
Aug 9, 2018
I started this drama seven months ago, but only just got around to finishing it. I think it is probably better overall if you watch it in one go instead of giving yourself too much time to think about it. Alas, sometimes life just gets in the way.
That said, I still enjoyed the story immensely. It was basically just a quirky idol drama. For a saguek, it wasn't too terribly violent or full of politics. The "bad guy" was absurd. I actually started to feel a bit of piy for him at one point.
The guys were cute, there was some hilarious meta, and the girls were hilarious in their own right. I would be very happy to see any of these idol actors again. :)

Cntrldfusion
Aug 10, 2018
This drama kept popping up on my "N" recommended list and after ignoring it many many times I finally decided to give it a try. And I was pleasantly surprised. It is a cute, fun, and sometimes quirky drama to watch. Even though some of the actors are not well known or well established yet, they did a really good job with the help of some veteran supporting actors. I was really impressed with Seungyeon whom I had only ever seen in one other drama. She was able to express a good range of emotions in this and made me look forward to other dramas from her. The writer and director also do a good job of keeping the drama fairly light hearted. Sure there are some plot holes but I was enjoying the show so much, especially towards the end, that I didn't really care about them. If you need a break from the more intense dramas, then this one is a good pallet cleanser.

Moon _Lovers
May 9, 2018
I personally loved it at such short time it became my second favourite K-Drama as my first is Moon Lovers but I'm not here to discuss moon lovers,

I loved the acting and how the story line progressed well I found myself crying many times on this but then laughing. There are going to be characters you hate like in all Drama's You feel yourself understanding the protagonist more and more I also loved the way they brought people from the protagonists life into the past and made it seem like there life before like you know reincarnation and stuff.

I loved it even though it didn't make sense at the start very much it was a very interesting drama to watch cause they changed history in away *winks* not telling how tho cause that will ruin the story for those that haven't seen it yet.

Overall the characters the story everything was amazing the romance in this was also top notch I loved it! I'm pretty sure you will like it to and find yourself laughing at how the people act, Even if you don't particularly like historical drama's I'm pretty sure you will like this one! have fun watching <3

Oneesama
Jul 24, 2018
id sell my soul to the devil for an s2...that was amazing omg the leads have mad chemistry and they both should do more kdramas wowow

okay now this drama has like allll the clichés...BUT in the best way possible. If u want the thing where the main lead traps the leading lady on the wall and leans in real close or when they have to run danger together or when they are totally in love but try to cover it up by arguing but everyone (except for them) already knows and it's hilarious and of course anything and everything related to a time slip...yup this is your drama.
if you're like me and hate saeguks which steal your heart and then break it into a million pieces but also still end up watching it bc you're a sucker for the drama *looking at you scarlet heart* this is even better. it's like free therapy from all tragedy dramas and unlike saeguks that do have a happy ending but not without torturing you for like the entirety of the series, this drama is the sweetest antidote ever. it will totally heal your broken heart (but beware lee jong hyun cos u bet he's not even gonna bc you're gonna volunteer to give it to him).
but besides I was reluctant about watching since I'm unfamiliar with the cast however gong seungyeon does not fail to deliver. despite her character being (mildly) evil she was absolutely adorable and the role fit her like a glove. lee jonghyun was so damn hot (tbh even if he was written as a book character id say this) and his sass levels were off the charts. them acting together is the best idea ever. The casting director deserves an award. Their chemistry was so good I cant believe they're not dating in real life (such a shame tbh but their choice so oh well)
And shoutout to boong boong for being the best matchmaker and wing(-creature? ...both figuratively and metaphorically) ever

v
Dec 23, 2017
the acting in this was superb but the script was horrendous. this entire drama was filled with over the top cringeworthy humour and awful relationship development. i could barely get through an episode without gagging lol.

like everyone says, the main couple had great chemistry but that wasnt enough to get past their annoying relationship development. i actually liked them better before they got together.

and i’ll be honest while the acting was good, the only natural character in this drama was sam yong. everyone else seemed so awkward and out of place.

this story had potential but the story just wasnt executed well :/

NaomiPerison
Jun 12, 2017
Usually I hate time travel because its just not my cup of tea. But I started this and I didnt regret it!! I love this drama so so SOOO MUCH!! It was so cute and it had action in it to make you wanna watch more!! I hope there is a season 2!!

Story- Like I said before I dont like time travel but this drama make me wanna watch more of time travel. The story of it is just amazing and I wish it was longer and not only 20 episodes that 30 minutes long.

Acting/Cast- The cast is amazing and it fits the drama. The actor who plays On Dal is so charming in my opinion!! (fangirls) Also, the actress who play "Nann-yeon" is such an amazing actress, I wanna watch more dramas of them two together!!

Music- I love the music in this drama so much!! I sing along with it whenever it plays!! It;s one of my favourite soundtracks!!

Rewatch Value- I actually rewatched this after I first finished it because I loved it so much!!

Overall- I recommend this to everyone who loves a historical romance!!!

desc
Jun 13, 2017
This drama is so good . Their chemistry in this drama is so REAL . Iam didnt expect too much when first i watched it . But woah i got hooked . All casted doing so perfect in this drama . This drama is light drama with romance and the comedy thing ( iam sure u can't find this comedy in another drama ) this is the best drama i had watched in 2017 . Will rewatch it again TODAY
Gladinaa
Jun 14, 2017
This is my first time reviewing a drama.. and this drama was really good

Story: The story was good ,I would give it an 8 ,it had a lot of twist and turns.The story was fun to watch

Acting/Cast: The acting and the cast was really good. They gave equal parts to all the main characters. And as expected from the WGM couple.. Their skinship was amazing .The romance didn't look forced
and the kissing scenes were a must rewatch.

Music: It was a good , but not a memorable one

Rewatch: i just finished the drama and i really want to rewatch some scenes , For the rewatch level I give it an 8

Overall: i felt this drama is fun to watch , and a good drama for time pass..