Drama Special Series Season 2: The True Colors (2012) poster

• Tags: Miniseries
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

never2muchcoffee
Jul 18, 2012
I was initially interested because of the way the princess was described in the synopsis - she doesn't want to marry and habitually escapes from the palace. Gotta love rebellious princesses :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this drama special. Oh Man Seok was perfect as the former police officer who becomes a "blockbuster" novelist with a fan club to rival today's idols. This is only the second drama I've seen him in; I enjoyed watching him in What's Up, but I came to love him in True Colors.

Loved that the royal family wasn't like your typical royal families in most saeguks. There was lots of tongue-in-cheek humor mixed with a few more serious beats. Being such a short drama, there wasn't any wasted scenes or unnecessary angst, and the ending was perfect for the tone of the drama. I definitely recommend watching this show.

Daisy Lili
Sep 20, 2016
I finished this special drama yesterday. This story is very cool but slow in my opinion. It can be cut in just 2 episodes. Many scenes are not necessary.
Lead roles 's acting are ok but not outstanding enough. The male lead played the same type of character with his other drama's role.
The female character would be better if she put her lipstick.
Music is alright.

Overall, this drama is ok to watch one time but it is not necessary to watch second time.