I realize I am coming late to this forum but I have a question, more of looking for peoples opinions. I see everyones is pretty much the same as mine. Is there anyone who really feels Joong is homophobic..?? I personally dont think he is. I guess he said something about being a “real man” when asked about his sexuality in a interview but I haven’t seen anything from his behavior to say that. Now  I can see where that can be seen as offensive to some but I mean he is young and translating is iffy at best sometimes. Again I am just getting a feel of everyones opinion. 

Well he was 17 when they shoot this show.  Working with college age students, trust me he hasn't a clue what he likes right now.  I read the kiss on the show was his first kiss ever.  He's young

Yep defo not homophobic its just something people men especially say he's too young let's not dwell on it because no one's born woke. He realized his own mistake and apologized. And honestly when did a creation become less important than the creator? People these especially Americans I've noticed become so obsessed with everything an artist does or says instead of focusing on the art or acting talent or creation. Anyone with a bit of culture would never do this. Just watch French movies or Spanish films or any good European art. Also, I think everyone getting so self-righteous at Krist before and now Joong has forgotten the stupid things they did in their pasts. I believe people should be allowed to correct their mistakes because EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES. but their mistakes are on camera so anyone with an internet connection can just take a shit on people and troll them even when they're not qualified. It's just their own opinion that they force down people's throats. But let's be a little open minded and understand where the actors or idols are from and allow them to learn. And not shut them down over every screw up. Lynch mobbing has become a real thing on the internet. But the thing is so what if an actor is homophobic right now? Why should that have anything to do with you watching their work I don't understand?  Just see the art on its own merit. And also just because someone says something like 'real man' doesn't even prove they're straight. All the people who are actors can't all be straight just like they can't all be gay! But they have to appear straight not to fans but sometimes families are conservative, or they have other hangups and can't come out. I'm an Asian. I'm bi. Im forced to sit by and do or say nothing when homophobia is happening all around me because it's impossible and not to forget extremely dangerous. Because you never know how someone is going to react. So please. Just be a little open minded. 

I agree with both of you, thank you for responding so quickly.  Joong to me seems like a very sweet boy and him and Nine have a beautiful friendship that we are lucky as followers to see. I just ask cause its beens a topic of discussion in a BL group chat I am in and I dont agree with most of their opinions on things, not just this so its nice to see that people have the same opinion I do. 

BoyLoveLover5518:

I agree with both of you, thank you for responding so quickly.  Joong to me seems like a very sweet boy and him and Nine have a beautiful friendship that we are lucky as followers to see. I just ask cause its beens a topic of discussion in a BL group chat I am in and I dont agree with most of their opinions on things, not just this so its nice to see that people have the same opinion I do. 

I know! I was getting the same from some people in Tumblr. Basically there's this one person who has been spewing hate over Krist for practically the same thing. And now Joong is the new target. Seriously,  though if Joong was that homophobic why would he kiss a man on screen lol ffs there are millions of roles available and fujoshis and fudanshis make up for a much smaller market. I get queer baiting, I'm sure a lot of people do this, like jk Rowling suddenly proclaiming her characters were gay but this is physically KISSING AND MAKING OUT WITH A MAN. This is no more bait lol this is queer.

I know I am late but YEAAASSS! I love these two dorks so muchhhh! I really love their chemistry, on and off the camera.

But there is indeed something i want to say and I think not too much people thought about it. I know they are straight in real life (actually, i dont know about Nine) and I guess its hard for Joong sometimes to act like a gay couple with Nine. He was raised in Turkey for 10 years and if you know Turkey or you are Turkish, you will know how hard it is to be a part of lgbtq+. I am turkish (and a bigender gay so please dont assume i am homophobic or anything) and whenever i am watching the series, there is a voice in my head which is so worried about what his turkish side of the family thinks about him. I'm really scared of them being emberassed of him just because he is playing a gay role because in Turkey people think its such an anormal thing. I hope you understood what i say. I am not saying anything against him playing a gay character (in fact i hope he and nine will play more as a couple in different series too) but sometimes I am worried if he is being bullied for it