Accredited to @SueLee, this is her summary what happens after the lake scene from the novel.  A HUGE thank you from us who couldn't read the novel. We appreciate you! 

So after YWY died at the lake, YX sent word back to YWY's family back in ChangAn that if they want his body back they will have to pay a ransom (YX sent people down to the lake to retrieve YWY's body but his body was never found so YX just lied and used a fake body to say he has YWY's body because it was all beat up anyway so no one would be able to recognize it)...YWY's family did pay the ransom to get YWY's fake body back but they didn't do it because they cared for him, they did it because of their face, but after they recovered YWY's fake body they spread the word that he has been disowned by the YuWen family clan because he has brought shame to their family name by sacrificing his life and his family name to save a woman, who was a slave and an enemy of the country...they then threw YWY's fake body out to be eaten by wolves and vultures...Xinger got news and sent people to recover what's left of YWY's fake remains (she still thinks this was his real body)...she buried his remains and created a grave site for him next to the ice lake and would visit it often and talk to him...at this point she no longer talks to YX...

2 years later...she was roaming around, traveling, and she ended up at a town near Liang state (I don't remember if it's near Liang state or at the Liang capital, but she's near Xiao Ce's home town :)...she was walking the streets one evening and saw that there was a moon lantern festival going on...she thinks about the time she and YWY went to the lantern festival and he bought her a rabbit lantern...then she saw vendors selling rabbit lanterns and decided to buy one...she walked with the lantern for a while and ended up at this river bank...she released the rabbit lantern into the river and watched it drift away...in the night sky and the illuminating light of the lanterns she "thought" she saw a familiar figure in the crowd, someone who's tall who looks like the "someone" in her memories, but it couldn't possibly be him...Xinger followed her rabbit lantern and saw that it has stopped moving so she ran closer to see and saw that her rabbit lantern bumped into a bigger rabbit lantern...she looked up and saw YWY standing on the other side of the crowd also watching the rabbit lanterns (the bigger rabbit lantern is YWY's)!! Xinger couldn't believe her eyes so she had to come closer to see for herself, she ran across the crowd towards that "tall man"...when she was inches in front of him she still couldn't believe what's in front of her...she thinks this is an illusion that she's dreaming, a dream she has envisioned for the past 2 years...they were in a crowded place and there were people around them and she didn't want to lose sight of this man, she thought to herself that in her life there has only been 2 times where she has really feared of losing someone, the first time was when YWY fell into the ice lake, and the second time was now...she reached out and grabbed his sleeve and suddenly a warm hand wrapped over her hand and held onto her...she buried her face in his chest and started sobbing, her tears soaked through his shirt and into his heart...she lost her balance because her knees went weak and he put his arm around her waist to support her...he didn't say anything but kept looking at her...through tears she asked him "Why lie to me?? Why not come see me?? I thought you died...I thought you died..." YWY moved his lips upward in a smirk but still did not say anything and continued to look at her...furious she pushed him away and asked "If you didn't die why didn't you come find me?? You could have written to me!!" YWY held out his arms and said "Come here..." Xinger wiped her tears, and for the first time in her life didn't want to argue with him and ran into his arms to be embraced in his chest...as he hugged her she said "Crazy guy!!" :)

Okay. I can accept this ending. but it just doesn't feel the same as seeing it happening. I dont regret watching it because this was such a terrific drama. I'm waiting for season 2 for yuwen yue to come back. Original cast!!!!!!!! 
There's actually a bit more details on what YWY did during these 2 years, I'll add that a bit later today when I get some time.  :)
your our life saver SueLee!!
omg girls...usually I would keep refreshing youtube for new videos and English translation on the episode...but today after catching the last part raw I just closed youtube...not even interested in finding out what transpired in episode 67 because the ending sucked!!  Waaahhhhh!!  :D
I am so upset, I seriously just dont know how to handle my emotions...I just wanna go up to the director and fucken slap him hard on the head and ask him wtf is wrong with him!!
Heard that ZLY wont be back for second season as she was tricked that they will filmed the whole book. As for LGX, he woudnt be back either if ZLY wont accept it. I dont care if this is all rumors but if they cant get the same cast again, I would really hope a flop drama for the second season. Thats how angry I was!!!!!
Yes, that's what I've heard too...I am so devastated, it would not be the same without them! I will not watch it. It's so stupid to do it with a new cast. 
@JillRefuela yup that's how I feel too!!  ZLY and LGX made the Xinger/YWY characters!!  I can't watch anyone else playing them...and they could still have a decent Season 2 if they just gave us a tiny bit of a happy ending, but they threw whatever success they've created with the first half of the drama in the gutter with the stupid ending I'm not even interested, especially if it's an entirely different cast!!  
Couldn't they just do a special with this? I'd be ok with it T_T
@Antonin I know right?!  I was really hoping for at least this scene, even if it's for a few minutes...this would really wrap up the series nicely instead of what they gave us today...:(
my heart is seriously so broken...I feel like someone close to me die!! I just can't accept this. How could they!
Why can't they just add this to the ending? It only takes about 10mns............................. :-((((((((((((((((( yue qi died too...... people do not have to die but die.......... what a crappy ending.
I still can't bring myself to watch the entire episode yet.  I'm still in denial lol...I think I will go back and reread some of my favorite parts in the book...then I'll do a summary for y'all and we can talk about those happy moments instead!!  I hate sad endings I can't handle it!!  :(
Yes please SueLee!! I am seriously so depressed right now, and I don't know how to move on from this....I just wanna cry so bad!