Ok today I'll write up a summary of the events that happened when Xinger is finally joining up with YWY to follow him back home (this is right before the "Wedding Night" event that I wrote about here).  There are some really funny moments and dialogs in that part and YWY is one jealous man when it comes to Xinger.  And it features Yue Qi too (I also love the Yue Qi character in the book, he's very much like the younger brother of YWY...YWY even said in the book that although outside they are master/employee their true relationship is that of true brothers...)  :)
@suelee, yes please. I feel empty after this drama ends. now I got something to look forward to again. thank you
I'm always looking forward to reading your posts @SueLee! :)
@Sey I really love the book and that's why I'm seriously in denial with the drama at this point.  I'm refusing to watch that unsatisfying ending.  :)  
The disappointing ending stuck with me throughout the night after watching the last episode! I even ended up with a stiff neck!!!
It's not all bad though... YWY's slow and tragic "death" together with CQ's moving confession made up for that last episode (as long as there's a Season 2 with the original cast).
@KC14 aww your poor neck...but for me I just can't go through it...I saw a summary clip of YWY's death scene on youtube for 5 minutes and I feel like that was enough for me...I can't go through the entire episode of mumble jumble knowing it will lead up to that moment...I still feel like they could still have all of the anticipation for Season 2 while giving us a satisfying ending for Season 1 (if anticipation for Season 1 is their reason for doing this)...but that was such a crap ass ending!!  I was hoping the ending would go something like this: YWY fell to the bottom of the lake and the screen fades out...we get a fast forward 2 years scene...there's a moon lantern scene in the city twinkling with lights...they close up on 2 rabbit lanterns and then flash to a tall shadow in the moon light...END...lol I feel like even an ending like that I would be content with and still psyched to wait for Season 2 to see their actual reunion!!  :D
You have a very good point @SueLee. I also do think that they could have used many hours of the series to show a smoother and a more cohesive story telling. I felt like many hours were wasted on unnecessary parts, many characters were not well introduced and were eventually dismissed like extras... Maybe too many heads (screenwriters and directors) aren't better after all...
@KC14 I kinda think they dragged the scenes out to give more screen time to Chun-er character and turned Li Qin into a semi-lead role because her parts in the book were not that long...I mean yes she did want to kill CQ, but after the battle scene she kinda disappeared so I don't know why the drama kept bringing her back and then gave her all these long dialogs...I really felt like that was a huge waste of time!!  
The ending scene was really heart breaking! YY tears coming down his face while trying to grasp some air for a coupe of last words to Xinger. He is trying to stay strong for her but he knows he can't make it. OMG!! My fucken heart hurts just writing that line!! Seriously what a fucked up ending. Why as a director would you end it like that?!? He must have been really high! Also I've read the icy lake translation from the novel and that was like 10X so much better than drama scene. Like you mention before @SueLee, Xinger emotions seriously fucken exploded! She refused to let YY die, its was heartbreaken to read! She basically died with him at the bottom of the lake. Wow!!! I got goosebumps from reading it! At that exact moment she realized how important and how much she loved YY after all this time. I was left speechless after I read it. She even said that all those years of hating him was actually really love, but she made herself believe it was hate because she didn't want to face her feelings. And YY while drowning and dying in the lake finally got the moment he had being waiting for so long; Xinger being compassionate toward him. Omg! Seriously, in tears reading that!! I wish I can read he whole novel!!!!
@Linh I know right??!!  I feel like if they were going to end it at the lake scene they SHOULD have stuck close to the novel...I mean Xinger clung onto him for a long time in that lake and wouldn't let go...I wish they would have acted out the part where he pulled her in for a kiss and at the same time untangled her grip on him and then pushed her out of the lake...THAT would have been a decent goodbye...but what they showed was soooooooo unsatisfying!!  And then they ended the drama with her opening her eyes when she got her ice kungfu back, I thought that was so dumb...in the book Xinger literally died along with YWY in that lake...she later said that there's no more brightness in her eyes, that when he sunk to the bottom of that lake he took away all the light for her and now she's left with a shell of a body with no soul...:(
@SueLee, your an angel!! Thank you sooooo much for this thread
Yea the whole getting her ice king fu back, like wtf was that and why do we care?!? Seriously, this director or screen writers need help! And after reading the translation, they definitely should have stuck to exactly how the novel had it, I felt like that would have definitely clarified Xinger feelings for YY after all this time. The icey lake novel scene completely trump the drama lake scene. Xinger in the novel even tried to cut off the rope around her waist until YY stopped her, but she just refused to let him go! No wonder why ZLY was so disappointed when she read the script! 
lol I feel all of you guys frustration about the drama. I feel the same.
One thing that i dont get it, when they film a drama based on a novel, wouldn't they talk to the author first and collaborate together? What is it about the plagiarism that I heard about Nirvana in Fire? Would the author have to give the permission first to film a drama based on their book?