It doesn't make sense that Black's/Joon's non existence would prevent Ha Ram's parents existence. Ha Ram's father was destined to die, if not for 444 previous generation's interference meaning Ha Ram should never have existed fully human or otherwise.

I don't understand why the powers that be of the Underworld would allow this  reset solution since it goes against the predetermined order which they go to great lengths to maintain. 

I realize it was done to tack on a happy ending but the 'romance' in the show was neither epic enough nor engaging enough to warrant that kind of ending.

Didn't him ceasing to exist mean all the corrupt people got away with the child prostitution and everyone else being none the wiser? 

I might be a bit cynical instantly thinking about that rather than their relationship at the end...

Pontus:

Didn't him ceasing to exist mean all the corrupt people got away with the child prostitution and everyone else being none the wiser? 

I might be a bit cynical instantly thinking about that rather than their relationship at the end...

Exactly my thought. 

This ending is horrible, however I try to explain its holes.

I really think they should make an alternate ending, which would make more sense than... this. 

dramaworld:

i get how what originally happened in the accident and you what you said really didn't clear it up you just repeated that he stooped the accident, while my question was HOW COULD HE DO THAT. he wasn't even the designated grim reaper for the accident. and the punishment states that his existence will be wiped and so does everything related to him and AGAIN the accident had nothing to do with him 

1. I don't think erasing Joon from human memories had anything to do with Ha Ram's become normal. Joon chose to be erased from human memories just so Ha Ram could live/didn't ended up having a suicide after knowing what she did to Joon(pulling those trigger)/her suicide would never happened since the world being reset.

2. I think reasons why Ha Ram could live a normal life/become a normal person comes from Jil dong.

Black/Joon was erased from human memories, but not from the other reaper's memories. So just like Jil dong voiceover in the last ep, while the world was being reset Jil dong stopped Ha Ram's parents accident to happen & take care of Ha Ram till her very last moment as his promised to Black.

Since Ha Ram's father didn't died that day, her father is her mother original husband & not a gream reaper so she won't be having those special eyes thus living a normal life.

3. After the world being reset, Ha Ram ends up marrying Oh Man Soo (they told us the clue implicitly, back then when he nearly died at the cave, he asked Ha Ram to be with him just until the moment he died). As Oh Man So died earlier than Ha Ram, then she could live in the afterlife with Joon/Black.

4. Ha ram remember Joon/Black existence just right in her last moment before she dies. Jil dong told her all the story about the grim reaper who was erased from human memories & she remember that it was her story with Joon only after she saw their red bracelet, the last gift from Jil dong.

5. Joon is not a gream reaper anymore because he's non existed in this world, thus he only there with her in her last moment because he chose to wait & went to the afterlife with her

Some parts may still confused us though, with this whole reset & roll over thing.

However, given their situation (the writer proposed for 20 ep long but they only allowed for 16 ep & then added another 2ep), while it's indeed rushed, I think it's the best ending they could ever give & I'm satisfied with it.

elvirad:
they only allowed for 16 ep & then added another 2ep), while it's indeed rushed, I think it's the best ending they could ever give

it's been a while and i am so angry about how this drama ended i try to forget about it so this is from what i remember. from what i know the writer and director did acknowledge that the ending was bad and the writer even said that this is not what she wrote and the director changed and did an another ending on his own. 

they totally ignored everything about the whole drama journey and rules they made for that world, and suddenly the whole injustice and criminal acts where forgotten and didn't matter.  i don't remember the other things about rewriting history but i remember that there can be other decent endings.  i mean the killing he did was totally avoidable and even if it was rushed but he should've been honest with her even if it was step by step, maybe first how she got to be what she is and how can she really use it for good and help her make good things which was the her whole problem from the start and then later her can tell her what he is and maybe even who he is, being there for her and promising her that they can meet again no matter what is better than the mess that i saw as an ending. for real how this boy died was just cruel and unfair and his whole life before and after death is just too much, so maybe to have the ending be "cancel everything that happened, erase the whole crazy plot twists" is annoying, it just makes me feel that the character went through all that suffering and all these plot twist just to attack the viewer by surprise not to benefit the development of the story and the characters.

To be honest, I was just shaking my head and laughing at the ending because I was like: Are they for real??? Is that what they chose to do???? WHAT???? hahahah

yeah -__-

So glad I read this about the director adding that last part on his own, now I don’t have to keep trying to make sense of the giant plot holes he managed to intorduce in the last few minutes. I mean if Joon never existed grim reapers wouldn’t know of his existence either because he never died and never became 444, so that story couldn’t have been told. The bracelet would also never have existed and he certainly couldn’t come and get her and even if he did, it’s not like they could have gone to heaven together. Her remembering something that never happened to her is ridiculous as well and they could at least have tried to justify his non-existence preventing her parents accident. Even if Joon was alive then, he would have been a baby and anyone else interfering on his behalf doesn’t make sense either, I don’t think a normal Grim Reaper can change the past. Plus if he never existed, he couldn’t ask anyone... It would have been better to just end it at his existence being erased, even if that ending is also really unfair to Joon and made me bawl. Everything after the “reset” was just ridiculous, how can a director just add stuff that follows no logic and makes zero sense..smh

Also, that ending by the director was supposed to soften the blow I guess, but it actually just made me more sad, seeing how she lived a happy life without him made it seem like he was the cause of all her troubles when it was actually kind of the other way around...

Too bad because I really loved this drama.

Kisra, you are blaming the wrong person. All that you described about how Joon's non-existence made everyones life great was Choi Ran's ending. The director  just added the last 5 minutes (the  happy end with Ha-Ram meeting Black again after death) cause he simply felt that Black and Haram had suffered too much and deserved some semblance of happiness. The writer wanted to end it before that with everyone happy and Black/Joon forgotten forever.  :/

After this drama and 14 days the writer Choi Ran is on my never-gonna-watch-again list. She loves bad endings and seems to hate her main characters - so no matter how good her dramas are the ending will screw you over.

Mary:

Kisra, you are blaming the wrong person. All that you described about how Joon's non-existence made everyones life great was Choi Ran's ending. The director  just added the last 5 minutes (the  happy end with Ha-Ram meeting Black again after death) cause he simply felt that Black and Haram had suffered too much and deserved some semblance of happiness. The writer wanted to end it before that with everyone happy and Black/Joon forgotten forever.  :/

After this drama and 14 days the writer Choi Ran is on my never-gonna-watch-again list. She loves bad endings and seems to hate her main characters - so no matter how good her dramas are the ending will screw you over.

The first comment here said her version ended with Joons existence being erased, it also said 5+ minutes, not just 5 so I based my comment on that. I can’t read the attached link though, my Korean isn’t quite that good, so I can’t verify it though.

Pontus:

Lol omg, my thoughts exactly! I never really bought into their relationship, or at least I was never really invested in that since that wasn't where my attention was at so I didn't care as much as whether the couple got their HEA. I cared more about the other characters...

I just finished this drama and came here to get some answers about the ending I just watched. In another post about the ending, the person posted their theory/explanation and I can buy that but then once I got to thinking, it only "made sense" for the couple and grim reaper world but what about all the other humans!? What about the corruption? The child prostitution?? Those would have still happened. So the whole erasing from existence and memory doesn't make much sense. No justice was served for the others. Ugh. This drama was so great too and to end it like this, really disappointing :( 

I thought that if Joon was erased his mom would be able to help the Kim Sun Young and she wouldn't have suggested prostitution to her friend. Muji mart wouldn't have been built, and no corruption would have happened in the first place. I can't think of a single explanation for the fact that Joon came back after he was erased though. Also, I think Oh Man Soo deserved better than to be with someone until they died. I just wasn't thrilled enough by the JoonxHa ram relationship to excuse him being thrown out the moment she remembered everything. 

Pontus:

Bottom line is, I'm upset by the ending  because I feel like it's not actually happy for anyone except for the main couple.

No wonder the last few minutes of the last episode was sloppy. It felt like it was written by a different person...and it was! Lol. I thought the writer simply got lazy and put that ending there. So this news explains a lot. I really hope that a remake is done for this drama following the original script of the writer as it has a really really amazing story line and characters. It was a great such until that fiasco of the last 5 minutes. I still can't wrap my mind around how crappy that was compared to the whole run of the drama. 

The loopholes probably came from the directors as the writer was so keen about her work but it wasn't conveyed properly. 

The comedic story-telling pre-ending scene is a welcome relief - a testament of the mockery the  directory had on the romantic-element of the show,  Nothing is really lovable about the FL.  The original lover (doctor/victim) storyline is more compelling and grounded but unfortunately being  tastelessly left a victim still - ending up losing her lover to an annoying and coquettish mopping of a stalker overwhelming the ML with black libido