So excited to answer this.....
**Edit**

1. NIRVANA IN FIRE---trust me and trust the rating.. it was a perfect 10!! my favorite!! unique story, awesome characters. everything!! :)
2. The disguiser----- This was awessssssssssoooooooooommmeee....
2. Journey of the Flower
3. Battle of Changsha
4. Love me if you dare
i recommend 
Nirvana in Fire 
Modern: Boss and Me, Surgeons 

Wuxia/Xianxia/historical:  Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan, Battle of Changsha, Eternal Love, Nirvana in Fire, Three Kingdoms, Cuo Dian yuan yang 
Historical: Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan, Eternal Love, Nirvana in Fire, Battle of Changsha, The Disguiser
Modern: Ode to Joy (my favorite modern drama ever)
Chinese historical dramas are kind of better than modern Chinese dramas
Movies: First Time, The Witness

It seems that everyone is recommending similar dramas! haha glad to see this :D
Some already been suggested

Other suggestion from me
Prince of Wolf
Because of meeting You
Four
Cuo Dian Yuan Yang
there are so many good cdramas.... . (for me coz I don't know if you like them but they are good). .  .
try:

Nirvana in Fire
Prince of Lan Ling
The Imperial Doctress
The Myth
The Romance of the Condor Heroes
The Princess Wei Young
Love O2O
Ice Fantasy
Cuo Dian Yuan Yang
Xi Die Yuan Yang
Legend of the Condor Heroes
Love Through a Millennium
Perfect Couple
Scarlet Heart
Wu Xin: The Monster Killer
Palace: The Lock Heart Jade
Sound of the Desert
The Journey of Flower

The Starry Night, The Starry Sea
I haven't seen a lot of Cdramas but Princess Wei Young and Eternal Love are really good. Highly recommend them.

I also watched 100+ K-dramas and yes indeed C-dramas can be a refreshment! I`ll recommend historical dramas cause mostly I watched Taiwanese dramas for modern setting; 

Historical C-dramas: Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) (beautiful romance, funny, and touching at the same time), Nirvana in Fire (smart, intelligent, thrilling, funny, and touching), The Flame`s Daughter (beautiful romance, interesting, and unpredictable), Journey of Flower (romance, thrilling), The King`s Woman (romance, thrilling, touching), Princess Weiyoung (funny, thrilling, unpredictable, smart, touching)

Ten Miles of Peach Blossom