Chinese dramas are often dubbed by other Chinese actors, so is there a way to find out who dubbed each character? 

If you can read Chinese or have a translator, the drama's page on Baidu will have all the dubbed voice actors information. Using Eternal Love as an example,  三生三世十里桃花
If you scroll until you hit the actor's pictures...underneath each person with the characters 配音 (dubbing) there should be a link with the voice actors name. Clicking that will bring you to their page with all their works. Bai Qian's voice actress: 季冠霖 Ye Hua's voice actor: 边江

Thank you, that's very helpful! 

Wait wait wait.... Is everyone always dubbed? Yang mi and Zhao youting didn't use their own voices????????????

Glad to have helped!

Unfortunately, the two of them (and almost the entire cast from Eternal Love) are dubbed. I wouldn't say they're always dubbed, but most actors generally are (especially if they have an accent/dialect). There are some that uses their own voices...a few that do are: Hu Ge, Wang Kai, and the main cast from Ode To Joy (some of the supporting characters have a voice actor). 

Wow. Dilraba in Pretty Li Huizhen doesn't seem to be dubbed but she is dubbed in other shows so why only sometimes?

For Chinese dramas, the actors in periodical/historical/wuxia ones are 99.99% always dubbed just so they fit the character more and/or to get more emotions in to match up the (hopefully) top-notch acting. In rare occasions, the production crew will use the original voices in periodical/historical dramas like The Advisors Alliance or Nothing Gold Can Stay (recent dramas that come to mind). Sometimes actors are dubbed in modern-setting dramas but those just depends. In general, I think you can just expect that the actors will be dubbed.

anteaq:

Glad to have helped!

Unfortunately, the two of them (and almost the entire cast from Eternal Love) are dubbed. I wouldn't say they're always dubbed, but most actors generally are (especially if they have an accent/dialect). There are some that uses their own voices...a few that do are: Hu Ge, Wang Kai, and the main cast from Ode To Joy (some of the supporting characters have a voice actor). 

I never knew that! Thats really embarrassing that their actors do not have the quality to rely on their own voice! Thats just terrible! omgosh. I would have imagined that you would fail an audition if you cant say your lines the way your character is supposed to! 

To be honest, I find voice dubbing a blessing and curse. Ultimately, I don't mind if it's done well since China has so many dialects/accents and they make it hard to understand if they don't use voice actors. Sure, everyone has to learn how to speak and read in Mandarin, but they still have slight accents (just like how everyone in the world speaks with an accent depending on where they live). They cant really restrict their whole entertainment industry around just a couple of province's residents or coaching all their actors how to perfect their standard dialect. It's not productive and it'll take a lot of money. So I don't think it's the actors not having the quality to rely on their own voices but more of China wanting to standardize everything; however, I do agree that there are certain actors who lack quality and relies heavily on their voice actor. But a pretty face goes a long way in the industry.

Dubbing also makes it possible for big-name foreigners like Koreans to act in Chinese dramas. As long as their mouth moves similar to the words they need to say then the dubbing team can take over. Paychecks are higher for them and the publicity of having a Korean actor generally pulls in the attention of the public. We do see popular (or trying to establish themselves China) celebrities from other countries as well and they usually get dubbed even if they know how to speak Chinese like Taiwan and Hong Kong. 

I can understand if you are dubbing a dialect. But not being able to speak in a different accent is just embarrassing. Hollywood actors are often required to speak in various accents, and no different in Japan where you see many times a Kansai ben character. 

And why cant people speak the standard as well as their dialect. Do they never learn standard mandarin? How do they communicate?

It's not so much that they can't speak Mandarin, but that they might use their dialect more in their hometown  unless they're from Beijing (since all elsewhere has different dialects). So that means they'll probably have an accent to some extent, some heavier than others. 

Also, just like any average person, not everyone is capable of replicating an accent (especially the various dialect accents). But again, production crews aren't too worried about the speech aspect since they can just fall back on the dubbing industry. Of course, most actors don't have that heavy of an accent, but maybe enough for the production to decide they don't want to use the original voice. 

Other factors also contribute to why they choose to dub over, though. For example, some actresses have very distinct natural voices (too sweet, kind of nasal, etc.) so even if they recite their lines well with thick emotions, their voice is just not suitable for their characters.

Most times I see dubbing as a blessing, simply because a lot of the popular actors who are in it for the money and fame are terrible at line reading (they just mumble and jumble their words together).

Some good articles on the topic:

https://walkwithheroes.dreamwidth.org/170243.html

https://cfensi.wordpress.com/2016/10/15/faq-why-do-people-dub/

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/37641-Why-Mainland-always-dubbed-their-series#.Wf5ZumiCzIU (posts by Ransi)

Thanks @yoonmi thats very helpful! Huh, is there a way to know what the actors actually act like, lol? Like are some actually good actors in voice as well?