I am currently watching TESOP but what i wonder is the drama everyone talks about Nirvana in Fire better or TESOP?  TESOP is great on everything (except special effects) I haven't watched Nirvana in Fire yet. But everyone was saying that it was the best c-drama out there. But that was before TESOP was released. I wonder if it still is? Because TESOP is the best c-drama according to me. Maybe i consider my judgement after i watched Nirvana in Fire. What do you think?

I haven't watched TESOP yet but it's on my list once I find it fully subbed. Lol. Nirvana on Fire was pretty awesome. It was so intriguing and captivating watching the mystery unfold and how things turn out to be. It was so good that I refuse to watch NOF2 because I feel like it's betraying NOF drama and the cast.  

Tribes and Empires can't hold a candle to Nirvana in Fire.

Nirvana in Fire is way better. 

While Tribes is beautifully shot the story went in circles where Nirvana In Fire stayed constant throughout.  NIF also makes you attached to the characters where I felt I never was attached to anyone in Tribes. Don't get me wrong I wanted to see Sheng happy, but no one has a place in my heart like the characters from NIF.

Kimberly:

I haven't watched TESOP yet but it's on my list once I find it fully subbed. Lol. Nirvana on Fire was pretty awesome. It was so intriguing and captivating watching the mystery unfold and how things turn out to be. It was so good that I refuse to watch NOF2 because I feel like it's betraying NOF drama and the cast.  

Tribes and Empires has an excellent cast, great special effects (compare to many xinxia Chinese dramas), but sadly it does have a large hole in the plot. Unfortunately the screenwriter has wasted the potential of this drama, just because of the weak plot. While Nirvana in Fire has a hole in the effects, but fortunately those effects appeared few times, so I can get through them. Nirvana's  cinematography is superb, the cast is experienced and except for few little mistakes, the plot is still awesome (and so touching in the last episodes). Yes, like Kimberly said, I can't watch Nirvana in Fire 2, not because it's bad, but I feel like I betray the story and the characters in Nirvana in Fire 1.  So, in my opinion, Nirvana in Fire is better (I still give praises for Huang Xuan).
I love Nirvana in Fire so much (it's my top 1 favorite drama), and it's excellent to me, but it isn't the best drama. Some are better, for example The Advisors Alliance, Red Sorghum,... in my opinion.

@Michia, just wanted to add that in 2017 I wasted a great deal of time on Princess Agents so a huge missing plot might not be too terrible LOL

silvermcv:

Tribes ends on a worse cliffhanger than PA and it is like 10 episodes longer. Now it has much superior cinematography and costumes. Such a shame imo. 

That makes me feel really sad! I wanted to watch it mainly for Shawn Dou.  Not really a fan of Huang Xuan (watched him in Imperial Doctress). 

Here is how I would rank all 3 shows.

1. Nirvana In Fire 1 - Awesome cast, plot, dialogue and cinematography. It is a classic must watch!

2. Nirvana in Fire 2 - So far I've watched up to  ep 38.   New cast and totally new story line. More sad  and touching and very piognant.  Almost literature like.  It is good so far but NIF 1 is still better in my view.

3. Tribes and Empires - Great cinematography but poor plot development and too much gore and pace of the story gets draggy towards the end and the ending was senseless!

Kimberly:

That makes me feel really sad! I wanted to watch it mainly for Shawn Dou.  Not really a fan of Huang Xuan (watched him in Imperial Doctress). 

Actually Huang Xuan is a very good actor. Followed him after watching Red Sorghum (the drama version with Zhou Xun), his role Zhang Jun Jie along Zhou Xun's role Jiu Er have touched my heart, for the first time I've cried so hard for a drama.
I love Shawn Dou for the first sight because of his "toothpaste" smile XD His smile is so shiny, it warms my heart XD

Hows the romance factor in NIF?

JoanneSmith:

Hows the romance factor in NIF?

More bromance. I thought they should have eliminated the lead female that was Hu Ge's love interest just because I felt her role was so miniscule, as a love interest. But she was a bad ass general.

@Michia - really?? I thought he was so plain looking in Imperial Doctress and didn't really care for him..he did make me hate his character, so I'd say his acting skills would be on point lol