Can someone recommend me any good historical cdramas? I have been really wanting to watch some lately lol.  I like romance but it doesnt have to be in the drama. I also like dramas with lots of emotions and drama. Thanks. 

Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) ----  it looks like it's not on your list. I don't watch a ton of romance dramas but I really enjoyed this one!! This is a romance drama that is leaning more towards xianxia (Chinese historical fantasy) but has a lot of emotions and feels and the acting is amazing. 

Nirvana in Fire ---  a must watch, limited romance, but great historical drama

Nirvana in Fire 2 --- if you end up enjoying the first one, try the second one. first one is a bit more political, second one is more familial

krystalsoojungs:

Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) ----  it looks like it's not on your list. I don't watch a ton of romance dramas but I really enjoyed this one!! This is a romance drama that is leaning more towards xianxia (Chinese historical fantasy) but has a lot of emotions and feels and the acting is amazing. 

Nirvana in Fire ---  a must watch, limited romance, but great historical drama

Nirvana in Fire 2 --- if you end up enjoying the first one, try the second one. first one is a bit more political, second one is more familial

Thanks. I haven't seen any of these. I did try to watch Eternal love, but the fantasy stuff sort of turned me off. I will try to watch it again, thanks!

Nirvana in Fire is considered the best but Nirvana in Fire 2 is probably easier to get into, it's more standard, has more romance and focuses on family, in addition to the usual things.

Compared to most historical dramas, Nirvana in Fire (1) is darker/more realistic, more plot-driven, deeper philosophy/politics, and has this psychological aspect to it, think Dorim from Soo Baek Hyang but better. Overall it takes a new approach to historical drama so be prepared to change your mindset while watching it, many people have trouble getting through the early episodes. Some people see it as the Game of thrones of China minus the sex, and while I mostly disagree, I can see why people may think that way. 

Other recommendations:

Most similar to Empress Ki/Moon Lovers:

Prince of Lan Ling

Legend of Lu Zhen

General and I

Scarlet Heart - didn't watch it because of the hairstyles and Cecilia Liu but I assume it's as good as Moon Lovers.

Other Historicals:

The Myth - Hu Ge and time travel

Princess Agents - Strong female lead.

Perfect Couple - comedy

Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy - has moderate amount of fantasy

* All of the above contain little to no fantasy except Tribes.

Seeing as you've watched Battle of Changsha,

World War 2 or period before it:

The Disguiser

Lady & Liar / Cruel Romance - Very similar to each other, I prefer the former

The Red

Too Late to Say I Love You

This thread might give you more suggestions: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/chinese-drama-movies/30266-historical-chinese-drama-with-less-fantasy-elements

Imperial Doctress - it has a strong female lead and a love triangle (sometimes Square!) so you're sure to get all the feels!

Lost Love in Times - Such a good one and just wrapped not too long ago. The cinematography is great and the feels are all over the place in a good way.

I see you really liked Scarlett Heart: Ryeo then you should check out out the Cdrama version Scarlet Heart. TRUST ME! You will have to get used to the half shaved heads for the guys but you get over it.  It's just as good as the Korean version. I watched the Chinese version 1st & then FINALLY watched the Korean version. I wasn't sure about how I'd feel about it but they're both SOOOO GOOD. Only thing is this: the Cdrama has a second season. You will be tempted to watch it. DON'T just DON'T. Just be happy with the fact that there are 2 versions of a great drama ;-)

happy watching

Irusu:

Thanks. I haven't seen any of these. I did try to watch Eternal love, but the fantasy stuff sort of turned me off. I will try to watch it again, thanks!

The initial fantasy stuff may be clunky, try to get to at least episodes 13-14, because that's where everyone really starts loving the drama. The first 12 episodes are necessary though, to introduce the fantasy background, characters, and plot points that will be used for the rest of the drama. If even after eps 13-14 don't make you like the drama, then it might be good to drop it. The acting by both leads is really good though!! :D

krystalsoojungs:

The initial fantasy stuff may be clunky, try to get to at least episodes 13-14, because that's where everyone really starts loving the drama. The first 12 episodes are necessary though, to introduce the fantasy background, characters, and plot points that will be used for the rest of the drama. If even after eps 13-14 don't make you like the drama, then it might be good to drop it. The acting by both leads is really good though!! :D

Thanks! :)

Thank you all for your recommendations, they seem interesting so I will try to watch them all! :)