Are there any historical time travel dramas along the lines of Eternal Love/Cinderella Chef that are a bit less comedic and with a more intelligent/serious main character? Although as long as the main character is more intelligent I'll take anything. Well, not everything 

(Also, I'd prefer C-Dramas to K-Dramas)

love lost in time(but not in modern era)

scarlet heart(korean,chinese)

longing hearts

MRITYUNJAYA:

love lost in time(but not in modern era)

scarlet heart(korean,chinese)

longing hearts

Ah man, I feel like I could probably really like Scarlet Heart but my shallowness is just preventing me from watching it, lol. 

Jade Palace lock Heart -  it is similar to Scarlet Heart in some aspects but I think U will like it 

There are some Historical C-Drama as far as i a know, but i know that Chinese governemnt and authorities banned time travel in C-Dramas, which means there are quite small of them.

Personally I love these wacky Chinese romance series like Go Princess Go, Oh My Emperor! and Cinderella Chef.

But if you prefer less romance and/or a story about people adapting to the ancient world with modern life knowledge/tricks:

A Step into the Past (Chinese time travel crime series available on Viki )

Man Comes to Tang Dynasty (Chinese comedy available on Viki)

Wan Neng Library ( Chinese time travel comedy that Youku put on Youtube)

Jin 1 and Jin 2 (J-drama series about a brain surgeon traveling to ancient Japan) 

Live Up to Your Name ( medical k-drama about a doctor from Joseon dynasty living in modern times)

A Chef of Nobunaga (J-drama about a modern day chef who travels back in time ) and the sequel

Nobunaga Concerto (J-drama about a high school student who becomes a young warlord) and the movie

I'm in the middle of watching Scarlet Heart (Chinese) and I recommend it.

I didn't think the characters in Eternal Love were intelligent.  I think Scarlet Heart has more interesting and intelligent characters.

I've heard good things about Jin and A Step Into the Past, so I'm interested in watching both of them.

mjf314:

I'm in the middle of watching Scarlet Heart (Chinese) and I recommend it.

I didn't think the characters in Eternal Love were intelligent.  I think Scarlet Heart has more interesting and intelligent characters.

I've heard good things about Jin and A Step Into the Past, so I'm interested in watching both of them.

I gave in and checked out Scarlet Heart a bit after posting this and man am I glad I did. It is now one of my all-time favorite dramas. I ended up rewatching it right after I finished and am thinking about watching it again, lol.

Yeah, I've heard that those two are really good too. I've watched the Korean version of Jin and thought it wasn't horrible.