I'm getting pretty tired of the cold/stern/unemotional male leads and need some recommendations for more open/optimistic guys. It seems like they're more common in Korean dramas, but I'm sticking to Mandarin language shows while I do some language courses.

I've already watched Shall We Fall in Love, Bromance, Love Cuisine, Somewhere Only We Know. They don't have to be super bubbly just not cold/unemotional.

• Across the Ocean to See You
  • My huckleberry friends
  • Because of you
  • Take my Brother Away - more about the siblings and not much romance. But the ML is just so upbeat and happy guy

Maybe Taiwanese dramas:

• Drunken to love you
  • Meet me at 1006
  • In time with you
  • My Queen
  • My dear Boy
  • My Huckleberry Friends +1
  • Proud of Love (the ML here is actually the usual stoic type. But he switches bodies with the adorable bubbly FL so the male actor is upbeat the majority of the show.
  • When We Were Young (2018) +1
  • The Brightest Star in the Sky
  • Suddenly Seventeen (the drama version)
  • Fifteen Years to Wait for Migratory Birds
  • Unrequited Love

ONE SPRING NIGHT

THE BEST HIT

REUNITED WORLDS

STANDING IN THE TIME

SHOPPING KING LOUE

HIGH END CRUSH

Thanks, everyone! I'll check these out!

Hi My Sweetheart - ML isn't cold/unemotional for at least part of the show (complete opposite of cold, actually); has some comedic aspects as well

Down With Love - might be a hit/miss drama depending on whether you like/can tolerate exaggerated characters; I know some people aren't a fan of Ella Chen

You're My Destiny - idk, ML kind of goes back and forth between warm and cold but he's often on the warm side

All of these are Taiwanese, more or less classic ones too, so I'd say they deserve a shot even if they don't fit your criteria :)

Across the Ocean to See You +1

Young Blood

WuXin: The Monster Killer

The Dark Lord

Your Highness