K Arlene:

Let us know which Chinese / Thai dramas you end up liking !  I'd be interested to find out what rocks your boat and get some suggestions for future dramas to watch.  :)

I didn't watch thai dramas yet.

The only chinese dramas i finished is Meteor Garden.

Basically i really appreciate good acting of actor and actresses!

I really like realistic plot with good acting.

I can give you list of japanese and korean drama that 999% my style maybe its will help you to understand for what i am looking for: 1 Litre no Namida, Woman, My Mister, SKY Castle, Live, Life ,Prison Playbook, Mistress, Save Me.

The genre doesn't matter if the acting and the plot are realistic.

I AM BIG FAN OF MASTERPIECES AND GEMS

Chinese drama that I love the most is Love 020

My most favorite drama is Thai drama Kluen cheewit... 

You really won't see another drama with great chemistry and love... 

Jincy Jincy:

Chinese drama that I love the most is Love 020

My most favorite drama is Thai drama Kluen cheewit... 

You really won't see another drama with great chemistry and love... 

Love O2O - I really didn't like it i can't understand why the drama is so popular... I dropped it.

Kluen cheewit - I don't watch Thai dramas but i will check this drama

I feel you. That's why I haven't tried many Chinese Dramas. So far I can only recommend the Chinese Drama Guardian. I loved it. It's long with 40 episodes but I found it worth it, as it has an interesting story and the cast had great chemistry. It's containing subtle Boys Love though, so might not be everyone's cup of tea. Due to Chinese political restrictions it's non-explicit and more like a friendship or bromance though. 

I suggest reading the summary and reviews. It has a high rating of 8.7 which I totally agree with. 

Saw that it was already mentioned before and you said you're not interested in Historical dramas. Guardian is not a historical drama though. And the fighting scenes are not super jumping and slow motions either. 

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

Yin-Taiyo:

I feel you. That's why I haven't tried many Chinese Dramas. So far I can only recommend the Chinese Drama Guardian. I loved it. It's long with 40 episodes but I found it worth it, as it has an interesting story and the cast had great chemistry. It's containing subtle Boys Love though, so might not be everyone's cup of tea. Due to Chinese political restrictions it's non-explicit and more like a friendship or bromance though. 

I suggest reading the summary and reviews. It has a high rating of 8.7 which I totally agree with. 

Saw that it was already mentioned before and you said you're not interested in Historical dramas. Guardian is not a historical drama though. And the fighting scenes are not super jumping and slow motions either. 

Guardian - Looks nice and interesting but "subtle Boys Love" are not my style at all.

Thank you

iKdrama IS TEAM HARU :

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

Where the Lost Ones Go - I will check the drama.

Somewhere Only We Know - This is looking good but i really can't handle with Teacher/student.

Thank you

Eyal:

Where the Lost Ones Go - I will check the drama.

Somewhere Only We Know - This is looking good but i really can't handle with Teacher/student.

Thank you

They are at university and he is a PhD student, not a teacher!

Eyal:

I didn't watch thai dramas yet.

The only chinese dramas i finished is Meteor Garden.

Basically i really appreciate good acting of actor and actresses!

I really like realistic plot with good acting.

I can give you list of japanese and korean drama that 999% my style maybe its will help you to understand for what i am looking for: 1 Litre no Namida, Woman, My Mister, SKY Castle, Live, Life ,Prison Playbook, Mistress, Save Me.

The genre doesn't matter if the acting and the plot are realistic.

I AM BIG FAN OF MASTERPIECES AND GEMS

I  recommend Woman of Dignity, it used to have the highest ratings (JTBC) until SKY Castle beat the record. I loved watching the FLs and the Ahn family, the  FL's husband is a cheater but he was hilarious though

I don't watch c-dramas but I thought your post was funny xD

Sunset:

I  recommend Woman of Dignity, it used to have the highest ratings (JTBC) until SKY Castle beat the record. I loved watching the FLs and the Ahn family, the  FL's husband is a cheater but he was hilarious though

I don't watch c-dramas but I thought your post was funny xD

Woman of Dignity - I will check about the drama i heard this drama start really weird and mystery.

Thank you! and Sorry for the late reply.

iKdrama IS TEAM HARU:

They are at university and he is a PhD student, not a teacher!

Somewhere Only We Know - Well if the romance is between students i will check the drama.

Thank you! and Sorry for the late reply.

Here are some Chinese dramas that I like:

To Be a Better Man

Ode to Joy

The First Half of My Life

Sound of the  Desert (it has some "super jumping" but not a lot!)

Story of Yanxi Palace

Surgeons

Nirvana in Fire

Go! Goal! Fighting! 

Lily_B:

Here are some Chinese dramas that I like:

To Be a Better Man

Ode to Joy

The First Half of My Life

Sound of the  Desert (it has some "super jumping" but not a lot!)

Story of Yanxi Palace

Surgeons

Nirvana in Fire

Go! Goal! Fighting! 

To Be a Better Man - I will check it this drama looks really intersting.

Ode to Joy - I remember someone told me to watch only 1 or 2 i don't remember which of them and i will check about this drama more

The First Half of My Life - I will cehck more about the drama.

Sound of the  Desert (it has some "super jumping" but not a lot!) - Not big fan of Historical dramas also i really hate that "super jumping"

Story of Yanxi Palace - Not what i looking for and i am not big fan of Historical dramas.

Surgeons - I don't have good experience with medical dramas it's always ended that i force myself to watch it or in dropping the drama.

Nirvana in Fire - I heard from friends this drama had many things i hate but they keeped recommend the drama so i will check this drama.

Go! Goal! Fighting! - I will pass on this drama.

So far every single chinese drama i watched ended in drop.

These are all c-dramas without crappy dubbing. And a big plus, all of the male leads are kind and charismatic and the female leads are intelligent and reasonable.

• All is Well - my favorite modern Chinese drama. All veteran actors and the writing was so good. Such an underappreciated gem. 
  • My Huckleberry Friends - a fantastic school drama. The characters are all pretty realistic and down to earth. 
  • The Story of Ming Lan - I know you said you weren't really looking for historicals, but if you were to pick one, I'd suggest this one. It's a very realistic but somehow also feminist take on life in ancient China. There are very very few fight scenes, and while they aren't the most realistic, there's no magical flying happening. The dubbing is done by the real actors and it's so well done I wasn't aware that it was dubbed the first time I watched it.
 looktothestars:

These are all c-dramas without crappy dubbing. And a big plus, all of the male leads are kind and charismatic and the female leads are intelligent and reasonable.

• All is Well - my favorite modern Chinese drama. All veteran actors and the writing was so good. Such an underappreciated gem. 
  • My Huckleberry Friends - a fantastic school drama. The characters are all pretty realistic and down to earth. 
  • The Story of Ming Lan - I know you said you weren't really looking for historicals, but if you were to pick one, I'd suggest this one. It's a very realistic but somehow also feminist take on life in ancient China. There are very very few fight scenes, and while they aren't the most realistic, there's no magical flying happening. The dubbing is done by the real actors and it's so well done I wasn't aware that it was dubbed the first time I watched it.

All is Well - I will check the drama so far the drama looks and sound interesting!

My Huckleberry Friends  - IDK how much i want to watch slow burn romance but i will check this drama.

The Story of Ming Lan - I will check this drama.

Thank you