Does anyone have any Chinese romance drama recommendations where the male lead isn’t super quiet and cold? I’ve watched The Romance of Tiger and Rose and Skate Into Love and I like both of the male leads in those because they’re pretty outgoing. I also like how the female leads in both of those don’t have the personality of a brick lol. Thanks in advance!

Maybe:

• Story of Minglan
  • Across the ocean to see you
  • In time with you (taiwan) 

- King is not easy

- When we were young

- I've fallen for you

- Operation love

- Sweet combat

Sm:)e

The Princess Wei Young

My suggestions: 

- I don't want to be friends with you 

- Fall in love

- Love O2O

- Because of you 

- Young blood

I second Story of Minglan. 

Czakhareina:
Maybe:

Story of Minglan

Halfway through, The ML in The Love Equations is definitely not cold, and has a refreshing lack of filters - he says exactly what he's he's thinking and why he's acting in any given way

With You

My Huckleberry Friends

• Arsenal military academy (Historical drama dating from Republican times), here it's the female lead that's colder than the male. Props to the actor of the male lead, I find him very expressive 
  • Mr fighting! (Modern drama about society and life). I think this is put under the "romance drama" or rom com section, which is a complete disservice to this drama- it is so much more. One word: Passionate. That's the word the male lead here embodies for me here. A fascinating character acted. 

Shall We Fall in Love has the most cheerful male lead ever. When We Were Younwas good too, though it's very innocent.

Someday or One Day is Taiwanese but also avoids the cold male lead trope. The Perfect Match is another good Taiwanese one.

I asked for recs like this last year, so here's that thread as well:
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/chinese-drama-movies/43981-shows-with-happier-male-leads

Another EMPHATIC rec for Mr Fighting. A very thoughtful and credible Drama ABOUT the entertainment world, with so many strong performances.