There have been some worrisome posts about potential makjang deaths in our heroes future. Do I need to worry? Is that a typical element of jdramas? It has been a multi-threaded show grounded in reality, so I would be very surprised if it veers off in the end. Thoughts?

death in the last ep is a recurring feature in japanese melodramas. japanese love sad stuff.

however it would feel like a cop-out in this drama.

Well I hope it will not happen in this drama, else I don't know what to do ;(

I don't even want to entertain the thought of them not ending up together in the end. It would be pure misery to watch anything other than a happy ending play out for them.

I don't think anyone will die! I am really positive about our happy ending!

i have a theory

as there were comments about an audition for obgyn. i think hijiri gets pregnant with their kid. and if akira does die it may be due to him trying to save her during an accident or something. 

that is the only possible way his death will make sense.

Please Director, script writers, Drama Lord, don't include death in this story. It would destroy my christmas season if someone will die or they wouldn't end up together. Though I'm positive that they would end up together, I just don't like the thought of someone dying in this masterpiece. 

lushwolf:

I don't even want to entertain the thought of them not ending up together in the end. It would be pure misery to watch anything other than a happy ending play out for them.

Yup...those are my feelings. It's stupid to not have them end up together....after toying with them and the viewers so much.

rdturbo:

i have a theory

as there were comments about an audition for obgyn. i think hijiri gets pregnant with their kid. and if akira does die it may be due to him trying to save her during an accident or something. 

that is the only possible way his death will make sense.

I would forever dread ep 11 after reading this. I am not thankful to you for intercepting this in my mind. (kidding :)) I really hope the writers and the directors who have proven to be genius up until now won't succumb to something so lowly and irrational. People do end up together in real life as well after so many hardships. So , director-sama just wake up to realilty and give us an end that we can live with for the rest of our lives.

Call me crazy guys haha but I think they’re just trying to give us a scare. My theory is that it’s definitely not akira (im trying really hard to see this very objectively and just don’t see how that would make sense!!) and that it’s that nice old principal from akira’s old school who died 

Junmyeon Wife:

Call me crazy guys haha but I think they’re just trying to give us a scare. My theory is that it’s definitely not akira (im trying really hard to see this very objectively and just don’t see how that would make sense!!) and that it’s that nice old principal from akira’s old school who died 

I have the same thought. I think the producer just trying to tease us. I believe akira and hijiri will have a happy ending. 

(oh this discussion section is finally fixed. yay thanks)

seeing how the story has gone so far i think the writer know better than pulling an *sspull death

russian white bear:

(oh this discussion section is finally fixed. yay thanks)

seeing how the story has gone so far i think the writer know better than pulling an *sspull death

Totally agree!! I think our biggest fear is just trying to take over us, we can’t see objectively guys xD 

By thinking about all the worst possible ending, I guess I am just preparing myself for a future heartbreak. 

If the worst does happen I don't know how I'll live for the next few weeks. 

rdturbo:

By thinking about all the worst possible ending, I guess I am just preparing myself for a future heartbreak. 

If the worst does happen I don't know how I'll live for the next few weeks. 

I’m feeling super confident about a happy ending. They’ve met, fallen in love, had a 3 yr time loop and feelings remained the same, confessed again, now it’s just time for them to hold hands and face the world together. A death or permanent separation just wouldn’t make sense. Like Akira dying??? No way. I’m sure in some way akiras mom would blame it on hijiri and while I absolutely love akira, I feel like hijiri has been the one who has gone through hell and back and adding something like that would just be completely unsensical. And permanent separation? Wouldn’t fit either imo