Give me a minute of your time and then tell me I’m wrong, cool?

So I was a massive Criminal Minds fan way way back (mainly because I loved the Derek-Penelope interaction. And Reid. Who didn't love Reid?) Lee Joon Gi is someone I appreciated before Scarlet Heart even happened- Iljimae was the first time I saw him and Running Man ensured my love for him was permanent.

The thing about shows like Criminal Minds is that even if the cases are wild and borderline impossible in real life, there is decent logic there. The writing isn’t lazy and how our profilers get there is carefully laid down in a way that even the viewer feels smart for a hot minute. That has been my problem with this version so far. The 3 main actors are very well cast and sell the show well but the rest of the team seems to be lackluster. The cases haven’t exactly been the most well done- I could figure out who is going to be the bad guy within minutes of the case being shown. That kind of a thing is alarming to me because I’m usually the dumb audience girl who gets the puzzle last. This is not to say that I didn't tear up in the 4th episode but rather, the big reveal and fight after he found his wife made me laugh instead of sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation for what is to come.

Obviously, I could be way off mark and that this could be TV genius, but so far I feel like I’ve continued this show only because of my love for Joon Gi and Song Hyun Joo and not because the drama is actually worth investing time in.

What do you think?

PS: Try-hard was the word that came to my mind most often while trying to describe this show. I really do hope it gets better because they do have a rather fantastic cast in place. The writing needs to catch up.

Nope. I tried to like it. I was bored as hell with most of the cast except for LJK and SHJ! MCW's expressions was one-dimensional through the whole drama! So, I'm with you on this. They totally missed the mark for me!!

I am almost afraid to watch it if it's like that. I even told a friend of mine about a remake in Korea and she *thought* about watching it. 

I love LJG, too, but this Criminal Minds remake was just too hard to swallow. I watched until ep 10 for LJG, but dropped it because it was too boring and repetitive....

Watch The Good Wife! Now that was a FANTASTIC remake! Or even the Japanese Cold Case!! Both did the originals justice. This was a borefest and I absolutely LOVE LJK but he couldn't save this one at all!

I'm going to watch now... after reading all comments I kinda get nervous cuz I love the real cm and their 2nd season is also very exciting. And I'm a huge fan of LJG oppa... so I'm really nervous cuz my bias is acting here... lets see..

Mithra:

I'm going to watch now... after reading all comments I kinda get nervous cuz I love the real cm and their 2nd season is also very exciting. And I'm a huge fan of LJG oppa... so I'm really nervous cuz my bias is acting here... lets see..

And for people who said it's not that interesting etc.. I am watching and it's freaking interesting and awesome to watch. One thing is it's not like the original version but I really like it... 

it's genuinely a good show.

Umm i like this show, it may not be sensational, but my husband and me enjoy the show. It has a couple of good cases in it, like that crazy ahjushi or that couple who murder kids. The case is not overly lengthy and it’s not too focusing on the emotional part, which i enjoy. I don’t like lengthy episode just to fill in the screen time like typical kdrama. There are some emotional parts inside too that tell the story about the killers why they commit the crim etc. i think it’s pretty good. Maybe it’s because I don’t watch Americans’ criminal minds.

Its just that I've watched way better remakes. And yes, you are at a disadvantaged if you've watched the US show which was fantastic. Watching a show is always subjective and really an individual should see for themselves. I'm notorious for not liking popular dramas and liking those that others panned.

Ok, hehe. But i don’t think this show deserves 7,9 stars coz i have seen other bad kdramas that have more than 8 stars lol. I guess criminal mind kdrama is not that popular right? But i am also like u, haha, i’m overly critical to popular kdramas.