​2017 Watch Challenge

This discussion has been closed.

Giving this a try. Let's see how it goes...

• Starting date: January 2, 2017    
  • Link to your list: Drama List - Lils  &  2017 Watch Challenge - Lils    
  • Difficulty: Hard: 40 dramas/movies    
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 149    
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 51    
  • Progress: 1/40 [Currently Watching & Completed]

Type  
  • Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less):     
  • Watch a web drama    
  • Watch a drama special    
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more)    
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)
Creators 
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress    
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie    
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie    
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before)
Years   
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year    
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL    
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL    
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005    
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010
Tags, Themes & Demographics 
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast    
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast    
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships    
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship    
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals    
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth    
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie    
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie    
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie    
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie    
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie: Signal (2016) - 8/10
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie    
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie    
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s)    
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from
Adaptations  
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequels    
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade    
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel: Moonlight Drawn by Clouds (2016)   
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Lucky Romance (2016)
Stats  
  • Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below    
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300    
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)    
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: Yakou Kanransha (2013)
Challenge & MDL related  
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page)    
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge    
  • Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie    
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed    
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended
Miscellaneous   
  • Re-watch a drama/movie    
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)   
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long    
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items)  
  • Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie    
  • Watch a Sitcoms    
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie    
  • Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes)
  • Starting date: 02/01/17
  • Link to your list: xParkririn
  • Difficulty: Easy ( to begin)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge:177
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge:129
  • Progress: 09/20

Type

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)First Kiss for the Seventh Time
  • Watch a web drama The Miracle 12/12
  • Watch a drama special 
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) Masquerade - best movie Paeksang Arts Awards 2013

Creators

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor Introverted Boss 16/16 actor : Yeon Woo Jin
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress 
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before)

Years

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year My Father is Strange 27/50
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL

• Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast 36/36 Love Sick: the series 2
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship We broke up
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals Okja
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth 00/16 Weightlifting fairy kim bok jo
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie Queen for Seven Days 20/20 √
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie The Magician
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie 
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie 

Adaptations

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon The Boy Next Door 15/15

Stats

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below10/10 The Facetale : Cinderia
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members

Challenge & MDL related

•  Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page)
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie  The Crucible by Hessa 

Miscellaneous

•  Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username 
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)

• Watch a Sitcoms
  • Starting date: January 1, 2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/jooh719
  • Difficulty: Hard (40)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 72
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 11 
  • Progress: 33/40 [Movies (in bold): 12, (+1 Rewatched), Dramas: 21]
  • Currently Watching in Blue, Planned to Watch in Green

GOAL: To watch more movies this year (get to at least 25 movies) and watch more variety in drama/movie genres  

Type

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) First Kiss for the Seventh Time [Jan 08] 7/10
  • Watch a web drama Click Your Heart [Jun. 2] 8/10
  • Watch a drama special W: The Unfinished Story [Jan 06] 9/10, Missing 9: The Beginning [Jan. 14] 8.5/10, Goblin Special: The Summoning [Feb. 4] 9/10, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon Special [Feb. 25] 9/10, Binggoo [Jun. 18] 8/10, If We Were a Season [Oct. 15] 8.5/10
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)(tvN10 Awards: Best Content Award, Drama) Another Miss Oh  [Sep. 27] 9.5/10

Creators

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor (Yoo Seung Ho) The Magician [Aug. 17] 8/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress(Park Bo Young) Strong Woman Do Bong Soon [Apr. 20] 8/10
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie (Director of My Love From Another Star)  While You Were Sleeping [Nov. 16] 8/10
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie(Writer of My Love From Another Star) Legend of the Blue Sea  [Jan. 26] 8/10
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) Shopping King Louis [Jan. 01] 8.5/10

Years

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People [May 19] 9/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL Memories of the Sword [Apr. 17] 8.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim [Dec. 19] 9/10
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast Solomon's Perjury
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships Pandora [Jun. 23] 7.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship Wednesday 3:30 p.m. [Jul. 16] 8.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals Shut Up, Flower Boy Band
  • Watch a drama/movie about School, Life, or Youth Scent of a Woman [Oct. 31] 7.5/10
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie Ruler: Master of the Mask [Jul. 13] 8/10
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie Goblin [Jan. 21] 9.5/10
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie Spellbound
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie Pinocchio [Jan. 12] 9/10
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movieThe Gifted Hands [May 28] 8/10
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo [Jun. 25] 9/10
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie A Beautiful Mind [Feb. 19] 9/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s)The Flu [May 14] 8.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from (Japan) Evergreen Love [Aug. 16] 8/10

Adaptations

• Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched (School 2013/2015) School 2017 [Sept. 7] 8.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade(Chinese Remake: The Witness) Blind [Nov. 25] 8.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel Tomorrow I Will Date Yesterday's You [Aug. 31] 7.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon Today's Kira-Kun [Nov. 4] 8/10

Stats

• Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 (Ranked #261) The Tower [Feb. 26] 8/10
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score) (given a 9 by RikuObsessed) The Man From Nowhere [Jan. 01] 9/10
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members The Last Princess [Dec. 24] 8.5/10

Challenge & MDL related

• Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page) Queen for Seven Days [Sept. 8] 9.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge Tunnel [Jul. 18] 9/10
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended I'm Not A Robot

Miscellaneous

• Re-watch a drama/movieA Werewolf Boy [Mar. 13] (10/10)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long Uncontrollably Fond [Mar. 25] 7.5/10
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color She Was Pretty [Aug. 18] 7/10 

• Starting date: 03/01/2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/StephStephieTeff
  • Difficulty: Extreme
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 130
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 40
  • Progress: 50/50 -27/07/2017

Type
  • Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less): First Kiss for the 7th Time
  • Watch a web drama: Ruby Ruby Love
  • Watch a drama special: Strong Woman Do Bong Soon Special
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more): The Bride of Rip Van Winkle
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award): House of Flying Daggers; Satellite Award for Best Cinematography +
Creators
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor: Smile You
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress: Tomorrow With You
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie: W - Two Worlds 
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie: Reply 1994
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before): SW: Good Doctor
Years
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: Behind your Smile
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL: 2015 Minami-kun no Koibito: My Little Lover
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL: Love for Beginners
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Pride
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010: IP Man 2
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast: 300 Happy Days
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Dream Knight
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships:Chief Kim
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: Autumn's Concerto
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals:The Sound of your Heart
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth: Chihayafuru: Kami no Ku
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie: Padiwaradda
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie:Star of the Universe
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie: The Vampire Lives Next Door
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie: The Witness
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie:Strong Woman Do Bong Soo
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: IP Man 3
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: Cain & Abel
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike:Spellbound (horror) 
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s):Lie to Me
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from: China: Suddenly Seventeen 
Adaptations
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals: IP Man
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched: Chihayafuru: Shimo no Ku
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade: The Liar and his Lover
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel: Evergreen Love
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu
Stats
  • Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below: Prominent Woman
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300: Goblin 
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on: Ice Fantasy @nastou1
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: Part Time Spy 
Challenge & MDL related
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum: Tomorrow I Will Date With Yesterday’s You
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge: My Annoying Brother @meraedda 
  • Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie: Love Shuffle - @BrightestStar 
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed: Dauntless Love - 06/07/2017
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended:Yell for the Blue Sky
Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a drama/movie: Falling for Innocence 
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your usernameFated to Love You
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word): Dancing Cat (whim)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: The Princess's Man
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color: Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku
  • Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie: Love Rain
  • Watch a Sitcoms: Super Family 2017
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie: Hormones
  • Watch a daily drama: Eternal Love

Type

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) - First Kiss for the Seventh Time - 8.01.2017
  • Watch a web drama - My Old Friend - 13.02.2017
  • Watch a drama special - Drama Special 2015 : Red Moon
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)

Creators

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor - Ruler: Master of the Mask (Yoo Seung Ho) - 14.07.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress - The Sound of a Flower (Suzy) - 6.01.2017

Years (0/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year - Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People - 24.05.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 - The Way Home - 3.10.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 - Hearty Paws - 29.10.2017

Tags, Themes & Demographics (0/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast - Strong Woman Do Bong Soon - 15.04.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship - The King Loves-23.09.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals - Saimdang, Light’s Diary (focusing on Korean art) - 11.05.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth - Hwarang 21.02.2017
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie - The Princess Wei Young - 3.03.2017
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie - Monster Hunt - 4.02.2017
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie - 
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie - Queen of Mystery - 29.05.2017
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie - Ip Man 3 - 25.04.2017
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie - Jin (medical) 17.04.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike - The Handmaiden (I don't like Thrillers :S )
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s) - The Flowers of War (Christian Bale) - 4.06.2017

Adaptations (0/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched - Jin 2 (sequel)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel - Ode to Joy 2 - 1.10.2017
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon - Gou Gou, the Cat ("Gu Gu Datte Neko de Aru" by Yumiko Oshima) - 21.05.2017

Stats (0/4)

• Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 - Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms / Eternal Love - 16.10.2017

Challenge & MDL related (0/5)

•  Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread)

Miscellaneous (0/5)

• Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long - Iljimae - 7.07.2017

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (0/4)

• Watch a Sitcoms
  • Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes) - Gochisousan - 26.09.2017 
I'll only do movies for this one because I also joined 2017 52 Week Drama Challenge and I don't want to enter the same dramas (felt like cheating). Also, to expand my movie list too. :)
  • Starting date: January 4, 2017    
  • Link to your list: Anniee's List
  • Difficulty: Medium    
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 101    
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 42    
  • Progress: 8/30

Type
  • Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)    
  • Watch a web drama    
  • Watch a drama special    
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) > A Muse (2012 Buil Film Awards - Best Film)
Creators
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor > Like for Likes (Yoo Ah In)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress > Canola (Kim Go Eun)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movies 
Years
  •    
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year    
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship    
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth > Our Times
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie > Aftershock 
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie    
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie > The Handmaiden 
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie    
Adaptations
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequels > Solomon's Perjury 1: Suspicion
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched > Solomon's Perjury 2: Judgment
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel    
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon 
Stats
Challenge & MDL related
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page)    
  • Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie    
Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a drama/movie    
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)    
  • Watch a Sitcoms    
Posting even though I'm late ;3;
  • Starting date: 17/01/01
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/domanager
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 62
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 98
  • Progress: 22/50
LATEST POST UPDATE: 170523

Legend:
Completed

Ongoing
Up next

Type

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) = Another Parting (01/01)
  • Watch a web drama = First Kiss For The Seventh Time (01/07)
  • Watch a drama special = Page Turner (01/06)
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more) = KANO (02/02)
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie = Veteran ("Best Film" for 11th Max Movie Awards, "Top 10 Films of the Year" for 35th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, "Best Film" for 25th Buil Film Awards) (01/05)
Creators
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor = Iljimae (Lee Joon Gi)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress = It's Okay, That's Love (Kim Mi Kyung, Gong Hyo Jin) (01/03)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie = Misaeng (Kim Won Suk)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie = Goblin (Kim Eun Sook) (01/28)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) = Chief Kim (05/11)
Years
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year = Naked Fireman (02/03)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL = Another Miss Oh (03/04)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL = Something About One Percent
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 = Classic
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 = A Frozen Flower
Adaptations
Stats
Challenge & MDL related
Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a drama/movie = Phantom Detective
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (old U/N: RaeLee, E) = Emergency Couple
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Generated word: Stair) = Gakkou no Kaidan
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long = Gangnam Blues
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color = Dr. Frost
Bonus Challenges
  • Starting date: 01/01/2017    
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/fanitha    
  • Difficulty: Hard    
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 224    
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 28    
  • Progress: 40/40

Completed - Currently Watching

Type

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)   
  • Watch a web drama    
  • Watch a drama special:Kimi ni Sasageru Emblem    
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award):Border (2014 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Drama, Television Drama Academy Awards: Best actor, Best Script)

Creators

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor:Boku Unmei no hito desu (Kamenashi Kazuya & Yamashita Tomohisa)    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress:Kazoku no katachi (Ueno Juri)     
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie:Reverse directed by Ayuko Tsukahara (Watashi Kekkon Dekinainjanakute, Shinain Desu)     
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie:Love song  written by Nogi Akiko (We married as a job) 
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before):Crisis: Koan Kido Sosatai Tokusohan written by Kazuki Kaneshiro

Years

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year:Tunnel    
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL: Ore monogatari!! (Dani joined on 2015)    
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL:Kyou, koi wo hajimemasu (2012)  
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Summer Snow   
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010:Densha Otoko

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast:Watashi kekkon dekinaijanakute, shinaindesu   
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Yowakutemo Katemasu   
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships:Bitter Blood     
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship:Totsuzen desu ga Ashita Kekkonshimasu   
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals:The Liar and his lover (K)   
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth:Koe Koi    
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie:Hwarang    
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie: Legend of the Blue Sea    
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie:Subete ga F ni naru   
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie: Voice    
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo    
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: Lookout     
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s): Gomen, Aishiteru   (Lee Soo Hyuk)

Adaptations

• Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals:Good morning call    
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched:Galileo 2     
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade:The Liar and his lover (J)  
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel:Evergreen love    
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Black prince and wolf girl

Stats

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below:Cheap love   
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300:Fight for my way #109    
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): Ruler: Master of the Maskwatched by xmoonbyulx    
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members:Soratobu Kouhoushitsu

Challenge & MDL related

•  Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page)    
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge  Cain & abel watched by StephStephieTeff  
  • Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie:Goblin   
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed:My Sassy Girl  24/07/2017 reviewed by pammo1949    

Miscellaneous

• Re-watch a drama/movie:Bokura ga ita    
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username:Aozora Yell  
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: Aogeba Toutoshi     

Bonus Challenges

• Finish on-hold or dropped drama/movie
  • Watch a Sitcom
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie: Kuzu no Honkai  (Mature)
  • Starting date: 01.02.2017
  • My Drama List
  • Completed dramas at sign-up: 132
  • Completed movies at sign-up: 189
  • Progress: 50/50 + 3/4 bonus COMPLETED (as of 07.05.2017) [ Plan to Watch | Currently Watching | On-Hold | Skipped | Completed ]

Type (5/5)

• Short drama (≤10 min eps) Aftermath (03.21.2017)
  • Web drama Click Your Heart (03.22.2017)
  • Drama special Page Turner (02.24.2017 - 02.27.2017)
  • Long movie (≥3 hrs) Chushingura (02.07.2017)
  • Award-winning movie Key of Life (Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress, Screenplay of the Year, Best Picture) (01.09.2017)

Creators (5/5)

Years (5/5)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (16/16)

Adaptations (5/5)

Stats (4/4)

• Movie with a score of 7.0 or below Gatchaman (score of 6.9/10) (01.17.2017)
  • Drama ranked in the Top 300 Individualist Ms. Ji Young(rank #120) (05.13.2017)
  • Highly rated and completed drama from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on Kazoku Game (Lils, rated 9) (06.14.2017 - 06.16.2017)
  • Drama with less than 1000 completed users Lipstick(completed by 42 users) (02.06.2017 - 02.09.2017)

Challenge & MDL related (5/5)

Miscellaneous (5/5)

Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (3/4)

Additional Personal Restrictions

• Watch at least 1 production from each country listed in the MDL database
  • Watch more dramas (more than half of the 50 entries) than movies

• Starting date: 01.01.2017
  • Link to your list: MyDramaList
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 70
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 31
  • Progress: Completed- 15 june 2017

Type
Watch a web drama Summer Love Watch a drama special Zettai Kareshi Special Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more) Love Exposure Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) Marriage Contract (2016 (9th) Korea Drama Awards - October 7, 2016- Best Director (Kim Jin-Min) Creators
Years
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year Introverted Boss
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL Yokokuhan: The Pain
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL Sweet Stranger and Me
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 Nana
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 Heavenly Forest
Adaptations
Stats
If cats disappeared from the world- Ange rated 9.5
Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members BIGBANG MADE: The Movie

Challenge & MDL related

Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a drama/movieWeightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) Miss in Kiss
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word) Touching You (word : touching)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long Mars
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color Can You Hear My Heart
Watch a Sitcoms The Best Future Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie The Lover Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes) Ugly Alert
  • Starting date: 4.1.2017
  • Link to your Drama list: My list
  • Difficulty: Medium
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 107
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 101
  • Progress: 30/30 | Completed |

Type (4/4)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶(̶i̶.̶e̶.̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶)̶  First Kiss for the Seventh Time
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶  Red Teacher (2016)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶e̶b̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶  Some Guy
  • W̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶c̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶w̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶-̶̶̶w̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶  The Road Home (Berlin International Film Festival: Silver Berlin Bear + more awards)

Creators (4/4)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶  Radiant Office (Lee Dong Hwi)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶r̶e̶s̶s̶  My Father is Strange (Ryu Hwa Young)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶/̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶  Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance (Park Chan-Wook)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶/̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶  Children...

Years (3/3)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶  Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶g̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶/̶p̶r̶e̶m̶i̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶5̶ House of Flying Daggers (2004)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶g̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶/̶p̶r̶e̶m̶i̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶5̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶0̶  Road Number One (2010)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (12/12)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶d̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ Tunnel
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶d̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ Hit the Top
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶c̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶m̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶h̶i̶p̶  The Crossing
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶o̶d̶  Tenno no Ryoriban
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ Hwarang
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶H̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶  Maids
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶  Goblin
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶Z̶o̶m̶b̶i̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶  Train to Busan
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶M̶y̶s̶t̶e̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶T̶h̶r̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶  Missing Noir M
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶C̶r̶i̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶  38 Task Force
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶M̶e̶d̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶  The Flu
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶  Back to the 90's (Thailand)

Adaptations (2/2)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶a̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶v̶e̶l̶  Return (Novel: 'The Criminal Lu Yan Shi')
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶  Age of Youth 2(Season 2)

Stats (2/2)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶o̶p̶ ̶3̶0̶0̶ Chief Kim(#57)
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶ Tonbi (692)

Challenge & MDL related (1/1)

• W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶l̶l̶e̶n̶g̶e̶ Chicago Typewriter (user Pelin in page 1)

Miscellaneous (2/2)

• R̶e̶-̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶  Signal
  • W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ The Silenced

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (3/4)

• Starting date: 05/01/2017
  • Link to your Drama list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Azu-chan
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard (50)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 47
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 17
  • Progress: 40/50

|PTW| |CW| |CMPL|

Type (4/5)

• Watch a short drama: She is 200 Years Old
  • Watch a web drama: Love For a Thousand More
  • Watch a drama special: Monster (2014)
  • Watch a long movie: KANO
  • Watch an award-winning movie:  The Handmaiden (Blue Dragon Film Awards 2016: Best Lead Actress)

Creators (3/5):

• Watch a drama that has your favorite actor: Falsify
  • Watch a drama that has your favorite actress: Temperature of Love
  • Watch a drama by the same director as one of your favorites drama: Legend Of The Blue Sea (Jin Hyeok: City Hunter)
  • Watch a movie by the same writer as one of your favorites movie:  A Hard Day (Tunnel: Kim Seong Hun)
  • Watch a drama by a director you don't know : The Guardians

Years (5/5)

• Watch a drama that aired this year: Introverted Boss
  • Watch a movie that started airing the same year the user above you joined MDL: My P.S Partner (2012)
  • Watch a drama that started airing the same season you joined MDL: Because This is My First Life (autumn)
  • Watch a movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Battle Royale (2000)
  • Watch a drama which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010: The Quiz Show (2008)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (13/16)

• Watch a drama with adults as the main cast: Tunnel
  • Watch a movie with students as the main cast: Pluto
  • Watch a drama that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Defendant
  • Watch a drama that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
  • Watch a drama about food, music, art, or animals: The Liar and His Lover
  • Watch a movie about school, Life, or Youth: Solomon's Perjury 1
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama: Ruler Master of the Mask
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama: While You Were Sleeping
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie movie: Train to Busan
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama: Missing Nine
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama: Voice
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama: Thumping Spike 2
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama: Suspicious Partner
  • Watch a drama that is tagged with a genre you dislike: Vampire Flower
  • Watch a drama that has foreign actor(s): Chicago Typewriter
  • Watch a movie from a country you least watched from: That Little Thing Called Love

Adaptations (5/5)

• Watch the 1st season of a drama that has 2 or more seasons/squeals: Thumping Spike
  • Watch a drama that is related to something you previously watched: School 2017
  • Watch a drama that has been remade: Solomon's Perjury
  • Watch a movie adapted from a novel: Tunnel
  • Watch a drama adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Save Me

Stats (3/4)

• Watch a drama with a score of 7.0 or below: Goong S
  • Watch a movie ranked in the Top 300: The Beauty Inside
  • Watch a highly rated and completed movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on: Always (Dani: 9.5/10)
  • Watch a movie with less than 1000 completed members: ATM: Er Rak Error

Challenge & MDL related (3/5)

• Watch a movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum: Old Boy
  • Watch a movie that another user has watched for this challenge: The Man From Nowhere (Byul)
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite movie: Rurouni Kenshin (Yuanwei)
  • Watch a movie that was recently reviewed: Midnight Runners
  • Watch a drama that was recently recommended: Circle

Miscellaneous (4/5)

•  Re-watch a movie: My Little Bride
  • Watch a movie that starts with the same last letter as your username: Neighbors
  • Choose a drama from the predictive search using a generated random word: Radiant Office
  • Watch a drama that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: The Quiz Show 2
  • Watch a movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle: He was Cool

Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (0/3)

• Finish an on-hold drama: Moonlight Drawn by Clouds
  • Watch a Sitcoms: The Best Future
  • Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes): Ugly Alert 
  • Starting date: Jan 4, 2017
  • Link to your Drama list: thenightcrow
  • Difficulty: Hard [40]
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 143
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 109
  • Progress:  40/40   + bonus 3/4

FIN      

Type (3/5)

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less): 7 First Kisses
  • Watch a web drama: Queen of the Ring
  • Watch a drama special: Page Turner
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award): 

Creators (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor: Crisis [Oguri Shun]
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress: Missing [Gong Hyo Jin]
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie: Witch's Romance [Heartless City] 
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie:  Chicago Typewriter [Kill Me, Heal Me]
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before): Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Years (4/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: Hit the Top
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above you joined MDL: Never Let Me Go [2016]
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL: Legal High [2012]
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: I'm Sorry, I Love You [2004] 

Tags, Themes & Demographics (12/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast: Because This is My First Life
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Solomon's Perjury 
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships: One Way Trip 
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: I'm Your Destiny
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth: Life 
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie: Circle
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie: Save Me
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie: Voice
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: Pride
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: Defendant
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike: The Flu [medical]
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from: Go Princess Go [China]

Adaptations (4/5)

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals: Love Sick: The Series
  •  Watch a drama/movie that is related  (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched: HIGH&LOW SEASON 2 
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade: The Liar and His Lover
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel: Brothers Karamazov
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon

Stats (4/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below: Sprout [score: 6.9]
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300: Secret Forest
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): Chief Kim [Dani] 
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: Insane

Challenge & MDL related (4/5)

Miscellaneous (4/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movieConfessions (2010)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username: Water Boyy The Movie
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: Long Vacation
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color: Cheese in the Trap

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (3/4)

• Starting date: Jan 6, 2017
  • Link to your Drama list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/SMKD  
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard (50)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 101
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 23
  • Progress: COMPLETED 

(Plan to Watch / Completed)

Type (5/5)

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less): Women at a Game Company (Feb 12)
  • Watch a web drama: EXO Next Door (Feb 5)
  • Watch a drama special: Individualist Ms. Ji Young (Dec 28) 
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more): The Bride of Rip Van Winkle (March 26)
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award): Fight My Way (July 13) (Best Drama- Korean Consumer Forum )

Creators (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor: Like for Likes (July 16)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress: Strong Woman Do Bang Soon (May 2)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie: Legend of the Blue Sea (Aug 9) (Jin Hyeok director of The Master's Sun)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie: Goblin (Feb 7) (Kim Eun-Sook writer of Secret Garden)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before): Tomorrow with You (June 30) 

Years (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: The Best Hit (Aug 5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL: 49 Days (July 5) (2011) 
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL: Love Forecast  (Dec 16)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: A Moment to Remember  (Dec 15)(2004)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010; Dal Ja's Spring (Oct 5)(2007)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (16/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast: My Wife Having an Affair This Week (April 18)
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Solomon's Perjury (July 30)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Voice(March 13)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: Introverted Boss (Aug 29) 
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals: The Liar and His Lover (June 23)
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth: School 2017 (Sep 10)
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie: Hwarang (March 2)
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie: Circle (June 28) 
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie: Vampire Persecutor (Feb 14)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie: Man to Man (June 13)
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie: Lookout (Aug 12)
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (Jan 26)
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: High School of Savvy (May 5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike: Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People (Dec 29) (Political)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s): My Amazing Boyfriend (June 15)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from: Bromance (Aug 20) (Taiwan)

Adaptations (5/5)

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals: Mystery Queen (Oct 30)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched: Master Kim's First Love (May 19)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade: My Sassy Girl (July 19)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel: Love O2O (Oct 24)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Save Me (Sep 28)

Stats (4/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below: Midas (Sep 25)
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300: Forest of Secrets (July 31)
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): Tunnel  (May 22)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: Mad Dog (Dec 4) 

Challenge & MDL related (5/5)

•  Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum: Chicago Typewriter (June 4)
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge: Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (May 18)
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread): Shining Inheritance (June 23) (Sleepninja)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed: Radiant Office (May 5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended: Chief Kim (April 1)

Miscellaneous (5/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie: Spellbound (Dec 30)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters): Defendant (April 5)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word): Liar Game (June 11) (Game)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: Good Doctor (Nov 12)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color: Kiss Me (May 25)

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (4/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie: Fantastic (May 22)
  • Watch a Sitcom: Super Family 2017 (Aug 3)
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie: Addicted Heroin (Aug 19)
  • Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes/ 30 min or +50 episodes/ 1 h): My Father is Strange (Aug 28)