​2017 Watch Challenge

This discussion has been closed.

Starting date: Jan 2, 2017
Finishing date: Mar 15, 2017 
The page where your sign-up form is on: 2
Link to your completed Drama list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/werwiewowas95
Difficulty: Extremely Hard
Completed dramas at sign-up: 527
Completed movies at sign-up: 128
Completed dramas at turn-in: 567
Completed movies at turn-in: 140
Bonus Challenges completed: 4

Starting date: March 19, 2017
Link to your Drama list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/lcase7389
Difficulty: Medium (30)
Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 77
Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 29
Progress: 39/30

KEY
Completed
Currently Watching
Dropped

Type (4/5)

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less):  Queen of the Ring (2017) (4/14:8/10:6)
  • Watch a web drama:  Splash Splash Love (2015) (4/29:8/10:10)
  • Watch a drama special:  Code Blue Special (2009) (8/19:8/10:29)
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more): The Bride of Rip Van Winkle (2016)
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award): Our Little Sister (2015) for Japan Academy Prize for Picture of the Year (10/15:9/10)

Creators (4/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor:  I Hear Your Voice (2013) with Lee Jong Suk (4/2:8/10:4)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress:  Doctors (2016) with Park Shin Hye (9/27:5/10:33)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie: Koreeda Hirokazu's I Wish (2011)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie: Kaneko Shigeki's Boku, Unmei no Hito Desu (2017) (7/3:9/10:23)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before):  Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru (2013) directed by Koizumi Norihiro (5/3:8/10:13)

Years (4/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year:  Totsuzen desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu (2017) (3/26:7/10:2)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL: Rurouni Kenshin:  Kyoto Inferno (2014) (6/11:9/10:20) following user Tobsessed
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL: Bride of the Water God (2017) (8/22:6/10:30)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Breathe In, Breathe Out (2004)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010: Bloody Monday (2008) (10/8:8/10)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (14/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast:  One More Happy Ending (2016) (10/14:7/10)
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Hot Young Bloods (2014) (4/14:7/10/7)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Tunnel (2017) (7/29:10/10:26)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: My Secret Romance (2017) (5/30:6/10:18)
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, Music, art, or animals:  BTS Comback Show (2017) (9/22:9/10:32)
  • Watch a drama/movie about School, Life, or Youth: Wolf Girl and Black Prince (2016) (5/8:8/10:14)
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie:  The K2 (2016) (5/21:8/10:16)
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie:  Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017) (4/17:10/10:8)
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie:  Oh My Ghostess (2015) (4/9:10/10:5)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie: Kill Me, Heal Me (2015) (4/1:10/10:3)
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie:  Cruel City (2013) (5/3:10/10:12)
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: Fight My Way (2017) (7/18:8/10:24)
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: Suspicious Partner (2017) (7/19:9/10:25)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike: Business - Chief Kim (2017) (4/30:9/10/11)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s): Flower Boy Next Door (2013) with Mizuta Kouki (6/26:7/10:22)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from:  A Crazy Little Thing Called Love (2010) Thailand

Adaptations (5/5)

• Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequels:  Code Blue (2009) (8/19:8/10:28)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched: Code Blue 2 (2011) (10/4:8/10)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade:  Hanazakari no Kimitachi e Remake (2011) (3/22:8/10:1)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel: If Cats Disappeared from the World (2016) (10/8:10/10)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Rurouni Kenshin:  The Legend Ends (2014) (6/12:9/10:21)

Stats (3/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below:  Yellow Tears (2007)
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300:  Bad Guys (2014) (5/29:10/10/17)
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score):  Legend of the Blue Sea(2016) rated 8/10 by ViolinGal (10/2:7/10)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members:  Man to Man (2017) (6/10:9/10:19) with 981 raters

Challenge & MDL related (3/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum: Healer (2014) (4/17:10/10:9)
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge:  You Lie to Me in April (2016) watched by PriRiRin
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread): Nana87's Favorite A Werewolf Boy (2012)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed: Chicago Typewriter (2017) (8/5:10/10:27)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended: The Guardians (2017) (9/22:8/10:31)

Miscellaneous (1/5)

• Re-watch a drama/movie: Hana Yori Mo Naho (2005)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters): E for Early Summer (1951)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word):  FORTUNE -- Noriben - The Recipe of Fortune (2009)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan-to Watch List for too long: Norwegian Wood (2010)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color:  Beautiful Gong Shim (2016) (5/14:6/10:15)
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non interchangeable with previous items) (0/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie: Stained Glass (2004)
  • Watch a Sitcom:  High Kick! Revenge of the Short Legged (2011) with 123 episodes 
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie: Changing Partners (2007)
  • Watch a soap opera (Family/daily) drama (+100 episodes/30min or +50 episodes/1h):  Seo Yeong, My Daughter (2012) with 50 episodes
  • Starting date: Jan 1,2017 
  • Link to your Drama list:http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/poiuytrewq
  • Difficulty: Hard (40)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge:42
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge:9
  • Progress: 40/40

Type (4/5) 

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) 7 First Kisses - 8/10 (July 9)
  • Watch a web drama High End Crush - 8/10(March 25)
  • Watch a drama specialStrong Woman Do Bong Soon Special - 8.5/10 (May 12)
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more)
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) Train to Busan - 10/10 (January 7) - Audience Choice Award for Most Popular Film at Blue Dragon Film Awards

Creators (3/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favoriteactressThe Emperor: Owner Of The Mask - 10/10 (July 21)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movieGoblin- 6.5/10 (February 1) (Kim Eun Sook - Descendants of the Sun)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie 
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know The K2- 8/10 (March 26) (Kwak Jung Hwan)

Years (3/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this yearTomorrow With You - 8.5/10 (April 1)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDLIt's Okay That's Love - 7/10 (March 12) (SmileHoney joined MDL in 2014)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDLMy Annoying Brother - 10/10 (March 24)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010

Tags, Themes & Demographics (16/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main castTrot Lovers- 7/10 (July 19)
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast Age Of Youth - 9/10 (June 19)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships One Way Trip - 9.5/10 (March 30)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship Oh My Venus - 8/10 (August 28)
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animalsMy Lovely Girl - 8/10 (March 15)
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or YouthOrange - 9.5/10 (May 22)
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movieLove in the Moonlight - 10/10 (January 5)
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie The Thousandth Man - 7.5/10 (February 23)
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movieBlood - 7.5/10 (August 17)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie Mask - 8.5/10 (January 27)
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movieSignal - 10/10 (September 10)
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movieWeightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - 10/10 (February 12)
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movieEmergency Couple - 5.5/10 (July 11)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike (melodrama) Uncontrollably Fond - 7.5/10 (June 22)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s) The Beauty Inside - 8/10 (July 29)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched fromThe Witness - 10/10 (July 27)

Adaptations (4/5)

• Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequelsChihayafuru: Kami no Ku - 9.5/10 (April 6)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched Chihayafuru: Shimo No Ku - 8.5/10 (April 17)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel Love O2O - 9/10 (August 24)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon  The Bride of Habaek  - 7/10 (October 17)

Stats (4/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or belowMedical Top Team - 6.5/10 (June 1)
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300D-Day - 10/10 (February 26) 
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score) Angry Mom - 8/10 (August 7) Rated 9.5/10 by SmileHoney
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed membersPlease Remember, Princess - 8.5/10 (January 27)

Miscellaneous (3/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie Exo Next Door 8/10 (October 5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too longCart- 8/10 (June 24)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or colorCheese in the Trap - 9/10 (September 1)

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (0/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie 
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie
  • Watch a soap opera (Family/daily) drama (+100 episodes/30min or +50/1h)

• Starting date: 3/30/17
  • Link to your Dramalist: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/SmileHoney
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 202
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 200
  • Progress: 50/50 

Type (5/5)

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) Outstanding Woman
  • Watch a web drama One More Time
  • Watch a drama special The Red Teacher
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more) Eureka
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) Pieta (Golden Lion for Best Film, etc)

Creators (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor One Way Trip (Ji Soo)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress Jealousy Incarnate (Gong Hyo Jin)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie Breath (Kim Ki Duk / 3-Iron)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie  We Are Brothers (Bae Se Young / Lifting King Kong)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) Han Gong Ju (Lee Su Jin)

Years (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year Chicago Typewriter (2017)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL Dong-Ju (starlight314502 / 2016)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL Testimony of N (2014)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 Oldboy (2003)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 Villian (2010)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast Secret Forest
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast Solomon's Perjury
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships Voice
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship Individualist Ms. Ji Young
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals Love, Lies
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth Flying Colors
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie Rebel:Thief Who Stole the People
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie Will You Be There?
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie The Piper
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie Missing
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie Man on High Heels
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie Suspicious Couple
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike  Time Raiders(Fantasy)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s) Life Risking Romance (Bolin Chen)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from Infernal Affairs II (Hong Kong)

Adaptations (5/5)

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals Love Cells
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade 28 Year Old Minor
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel The Murder of Snow White
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon Save Me

Stats (4/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below Crush and Blush
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 Train to Busan
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)Tunnel
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members Master (completed by 367 atm)

Challenge & MDL related (5/5)

•  Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum Age of Youth
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge If Cats Disappeared From the World (Elle)
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread) The Terror Live (Hessa)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed Romantic Doctor Kim
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended Time Renegades 

Miscellaneous (5/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie It's Okay That's Love
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters.) Yell to the Blue Sky
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word) Rush Delivery
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long Antique Bakery
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has odd hairstyle or color Akumu-chan (a little girl w/ a gray silver streak)

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (4/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie Golden Rainbow
  • Watch a Sitcom Soulmate
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie Just Friends?
  • Watch a soap opera (Family/daily) drama (+100 episodes/30min or +50/1h) Father is Strange
  • Starting date: 02.04
  • Link to your Drama list: 
http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Philophrosyne
Difficulty: Extremely hard
Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 178 
Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 15
Progress: 25/50
Type (0/5)
  • Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)
  • Watch a web drama Hot and sweet
  • Watch a drama special My friend is still alive
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) 2011 (48th) Daejong Film Awards: Best director, best editor Sunny
Creators (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor Phantom detective (Lee Je Hoon)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) An Ethics Lesson
Years (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL Re-encounter
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL Ms. Perfect
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 Anego (2005)
Tags, Themes & Demographics (0/16)
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast Daisy
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast Nightmare teacher 
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships Flying Colors
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals: My Paparotti
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth 
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie Chicago Typewriter
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie Vanishing Time
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie House of the Disappeared
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie Tunnel
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie Special Affairs Team Ten
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie Memory
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from Crazy Little Thing Called Love (thailand)
Adaptations (0/5)
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequels
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel The Crucible
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon The Liar And His Lover
Stats (0/4)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 Voice
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score) Like for Likes - (miracle in cell number 7 pripri)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members Individualist Ms. Ji Young
Challenge & MDL related (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum Circle
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended 
Miscellaneous (0/5)
  • Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (0/4)
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie The Handmaiden
  • Starting date: Jan 1 2017
  • Link to your Drama list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Shifterz
  • Difficulty: 
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge:96
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge:44
  • Progress: /30

Type (1/5)
  • Watch a web drama
  • Watch a drama special Kimi ni Sasageru Emblem
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)
Creators (2/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress Life Risking Romance
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know Naked Fireman
Years (2/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year Tunnel
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL Individualist Ms. Ji Young (2017)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL
Tags, Themes & Demographics (3/16)
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast Voice
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship Bromance
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from
Adaptations (1/5)
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade Cold Case: Shinjitsu no Tobira
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon 
Stats (1/4)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below Heartfall Arises
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members The Accidental Detective
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie - Miss Granny Ari_Lee
Miscellaneous (1/5)
  • Re-watch a drama/movie - Always
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Starting date: 01/01/2017
  • Link to your Drama list: Mart_chan List
  • Difficulty: Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 296
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 62
  • Progress: 26/50

Type (2/5)
  • Watch a web drama: Nightmare Teacher
  • Watch a drama special: Missing 9: The Beginning
Creators (4/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor: 38 Task Force (Seo In Guk)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie:  Legend of the Blue Sea (Jin Hyuk)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie: Goblin (Kim Eun Sok)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before): Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (Writer: Baek Mi Kyung)
Years (1/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: Radiant Office
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL
Tags, Themes & Demographics (8/16)
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast: Best Lover
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Sotus
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals: A Girl And Three Sweethearts
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie: Splash Splash Love
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie: Voice
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from: Miss in Kiss
Adaptations (4/5)
Stats (1/4)
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: Naked Fireman (312)
Challenge & MDL related (2/5)
Miscellaneous (4/5)
  • Re-watch a drama/movie: The Master's Sun
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters): Tomorrow With You
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word): Hapimari: Happy Marriage (Marriage)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: Love's Coming
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (1/4)
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie: Like Love: Uncut Version
  • Starting date: January 1, 2017
  • Link to your Drama list: Drama List
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 81 (+14 Specials)
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 39
  • Progress: 4/54

Type (1/5)
  • Watch a web drama
  • Watch a drama special:Splash Splash LOVE (Feb 11 | 9/10)
Creators (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before)
Years (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL (2012)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL (2013)
Tags, Themes & Demographics (2/16)
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals: Cats Don't Come When You Call (Jan 26 | 8.5/10)
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from: Kleun Cheewit (May 3 | 8/10) - Thailand
Adaptations (0/5)
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel
Stats (1/4)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: Whisper (May 27 | 9/10) - completed by 337 right now
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread)
Miscellaneous (0/5)
  • Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Watch a Sitcoms

Completed / Currently Watching / Plan to Watch
  • Starting date: April 12, 2017
  • Link to your Drama list: momorie's dramalist
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 21
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 6
  • Progress: 50/50

Type (5/5)

Creators (5/5)

Years (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: The Guardians
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL: Witch's Court 
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL: Luck-Key
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Nana
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010: Postman To Heaven

Adaptations (5/5)

Stats (4/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below: Night Light
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300: The Beauty Inside
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): Stranger
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: The Villainess

Miscellaneous (5/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie: Age of Youth
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters): Kimi to 100 Kaime no Koi
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word): Introverted Boss (boss)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: White Christmas
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color: Missing Nine

Bonus Challenges(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (3/4)

Idk if I should say this here or on some other thread: 

Could someone please stick this thread? It's so difficult to find it every time because it's always buried under the million game threads.

•    
  • Starting date: 1/1/2017 (Added dramas/movies watched in 2017 )   
  • Link to your Drama list: PriRiRin's Dramalist    
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard    
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 111 (in 2016)  
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 43 (in 2016)    
  • Progress: 50/50 (+2) 31/5/17

KEY
PLAN TO WATCH
CURRENTLY WATCHING
COMPLETED

Type (5/5)

Creators (5/5)
Years (5/5)
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie Spellbound 26/4   
  •   Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie Ring 10/5    
  •  Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie White Christmas 4/2     
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie The Village Achiara's Secret 8/5     
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie Buzzer Beat 17/5     
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie Autumn's Concerto 4/5     
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike Scent of the Woman 5/4 (Melodrama)    
  •  Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s) Kun Fu Yoga18/5     
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from Panyachon Kon Krua 29/4  (Thai)

•  Adaptations (5/5)
  •    
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals After School Lucky or Not 29/5    
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched Death Note 2017 22/5    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade Leh Ratree 24/4    
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel  Boss & Me 19/2    
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon  Close Range Love 12/5
Stats (4/4)
  •    
  • Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below   My BF is a type B 7/1    
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 BigBang MADE 1/3    
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score) Chiara's list Blood and Ties 21/5    
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members Tunnel Movie (647 users) 5/3
Miscellaneous (5/5)
  •    
  • Re-watch a drama/movie The Heirs 3/4    
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) N- Naked Fireman 28/2    
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word) Word- Limit Northern Limit Line 20/5    
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long Hope 20/5    
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color Wild Romance 14/5
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (2/4)
  •    
  • Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie Couple or Trouble7/5    
  • Watch a Sitcoms    
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie Two Weddings & A Funeral 13/5    

I did start watching drama's this year I will try this
I'm going to edit this post with my registration letter XD
  • Starting date: 17/5/17 -16/8/17
  • Link to your Drama list:My drama list
  • Difficulty: Extreme Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 70
  • Completed movies-at sign-up for the challenge: 77
  • Progress:50/50 (+3)
Legenda:
Completed: Bold
Plan to watch/currently watch: I put everthing in the currently watching list:

Type (5/5)
  • Watch a short drama< 10 min: Choose: 18/5/17
  • Watch a web drama: To be continued: 23/5/17
  • Watch a drama special: W special: 28/5/17
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more): Seven samurai: 2/7/17
  • Watch an award-winning drama (Please, mention the award):The heirs The awards: Outstanding Korean Drama, Outstanding Theme Song etc: 22/6/17
Creators (5/5)
  • Watch a drama that has your favorite actor: Lee Jong Suk:W: 27/5/17
  • Watch a drama that has your favorite actress: Vampire heaven 28/5/17
  • Watch a drama by the same director as one of your favorites drama: Samruai high school: 9/8/17
  • Watch a drama by the same writer as one of your favorites drama: Bambino: 7/8/18
  • Watch a drama by a director/writer you don't know: Strong woman do bong soon: 31/5/17
Years (5/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: The boy next door
  • Watch a drama that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL: 2017: 2 moons the serie: 20/7/17
  • Watch a drama that started airing the same year you joined MDL: Red balloon: 21/6/17
  • Watch a movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Sympathy: 15/6/17
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010: 2008: Portrait of a beauty: 5/7/17
Adaptations (5/5)
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama that has 2 or more seasons/squeals: Yandai byway no 10 season 1: 29/5/17
  • Watch a drama that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched: Yandai byway no 10 special: 29/5/17
  • Watch a drama that has been remade: Holy land: 11/6/17
  • Watch a dramae adapted from a novel: Evergreen love: 16/8/17
  • Watch a movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon: Wangan midnight the movie 19/5/17
Stats (4/4)
  • Watch a drama with a score of 7.0 or below: score: Delicious love: 8/8/17
  • Watch a drama ranked in the Top 300: Hwayi a monster boy At this moment ranked 164: 24/5/17
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): rated 8: U- prince the series the single lawyer: 1/7/17
  • Watch a drama with less than 1000 completed members: The fairy fox:11/6/17
Challenge & MDL related (5/5):
Miscellaneous (5/5)
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (3/4)
  • Starting date: January 1, 2017
  • Link to your Drama list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/pinkspades
  • Difficulty: Medium   Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 42
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 4
  • Progress: 31/40
 On-air / Watching / On-hold : Task Drama/Movie Title
 Plan to watch / Upcoming : Task Drama/Movie Title 
Completed:  Task  Drama/Movie Title

Type (4/5)
  •  Watch a short drama  7 First Kisses
  •  Watch a web drama  Thumping Spike
  •  Watch a drama special  Master Kim's First Love
  •  Watch an award-winning drama/movie  Signal
    • 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards - Best Drama / Best Actress / Best Screenplay
    • 5th APAN Star Awards - Best Writer / Top Excellence Award - Actor in a Miniseries
    • tvN10 Awards - Daesang Actor / Best Actress / PD's Choice Award / Best Content Award - Drama
    • 1st Asia Artist Awards - Daesang
    • Korea Content Awards - Presidential Commendation Award
    • 5th CARI K Drama Awards - Drama of the Year / Best Director / Best Screenplay / Best Actor / PD's Award for the Best Ensemble Cast / Best Original Score
Creators (4/5)
Years (2/5)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (12/16)

Adaptations (2/5)

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals  Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo
  •  Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel  Cinderella and the Four Knights
Stats (1/4)

Miscellaneous (3/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie  IRIS (First watched in 2009)
  •  Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username  Socialphobia
  •  Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word  Project S The Series: SPIKE (Word: Spike)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long  Incomplete Life
Bonus Challenges
(Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (0/4)
  • Watch a Sitcoms

Starting date: May 20, 2017
Link to your Drama list:
Difficulty: Hard
Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge:
Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge:
Progress:
 11/40

Type (2/5)
Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less): Prince of prince 
Watch a web drama: Splash Splash love
Watch a drama special
Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more)
Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)

Creators (1/5)
Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor: Suspicious partner
Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress
Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know 

Years (1/5)
Watch a drama/movie that aired this year: Queen for seven days
Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL
Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL
Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005
Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010

Tags, Themes & Demographics (5/16)
Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast
Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast
Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships
Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship
Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals
Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth
Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie: Rebel thief who stole the people 
Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie
Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie: Train to Busan 
Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie: Death Bell
Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie
Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: Fight for my way
Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: D-day
Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike
Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s): Love in time
Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from:

Adaptations (0/5)
Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals
Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
Watch a drama/movie that has been remade
Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel
Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon 

Stats (0/4)
Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below
Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300
Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members

Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum
Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge
Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie 
Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed
Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended 

Miscellaneous (1/5)
Re-watch a drama/movie: Sassy go go 
Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username
Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)
Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to
Watch list for too longWatch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color

Bonus Challenges (0/4)
Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie
Watch a Sitcoms
Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie
Watch a soap opera (Family/daily) drama (+100 episodes/30min or +50 episodes/1h)