2019 Watch Challenge

This discussion has been closed.

Sign-up Form:

• Starting date: May 1, 2019 ( I came across this challenge today but I have been watching dramas since May)
• Link to your Drama list: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/7680847 
• Difficulty:  Merciless
• Progress: 60/60

Challenge:

Type (2/5)

• ( 7 First Kisses ) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less)
• (  Noble, my love ) Watch a web series.
• ( ) Watch a drama special. (Not the behind-the-scenes episodes or the interviews or extra scenes)
• ( ) Watch a long movie. (3 hours or more)
• ( ) Watch a completed variety show.

Award-winning  (5/5)

• ( Kill me, Heal me ) Watch an award-winning drama/movie.
• ( Pinocchio ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director.
• (  Descendants of the Sun ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter.
• ( Familiar Wife ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor.
• ( Seducing  Mr Perfect) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress.

Favorite (5/5)

• ( Midnight Runners ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors.
• (  Fight for my way) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses.
• ( She was Pretty) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie.
• ( Memories of the Alhambra ) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie.
• ( Protect the Boss ) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (You haven't seen anything from them before)

Release date (6/10)

• ( Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year.
• ( The Undateables  ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL.
• ( Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL.
• ( Coffee Prince) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this. (The website will generate 5 dates, choose any year you want) Thursday, April 12, 1990
Thursday, August 23, 2001
Saturday, August 27, 2005
Monday, January 8, 2007
Sunday, June 3, 2007
• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1970s.
• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1980s.
• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1990s.
• ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 to 2005.
• ( Boys over Flowers) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2006 to 2010.
• (Fated to love you ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015.

Characters and relationship (5/5)

• (  Cheese in the trap  ) Watch a drama/movie with students or children as the main cast.
• ( Hwarang  ) Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast.
• ( Level up ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships. ( This drama seemed to have a lot of reviews on how the leads had a non-existent romance so I guess it fits the category)
• ( My secret Romance ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship.
• ( You who came from the stars ) Watch a drama/movie with a non-human main character.

Genres and tags (14/16)

• ( Temperature of love ) Watch a drama/movie about Food, Music, Art, or Animals.
• ( Sweet Revenge ) Watch a drama/movie about School, Life, or Youth.
• ( The Tale of Nokdu) Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie.
• ( Abyss ) Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie.
• ( Train to Busan ) Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie.
• (  My ID is Gangam  Beauty ) Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie.
• (  Graceful Family) Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie.
• (  Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo ) Watch a Sports or Martial Arts drama/movie.
• ( ) Watch a Tokusatsu or Wuxia drama/movie.
• ( Doctors ) Watch a Medical or a drama/movie that focuses on doctors, surgeons, or nurses.
• (  While you were sleeping  ) Watch a Law or Business drama/movie.
• ( ) Watch a Documentary, autobiography, or biographical drama/movie.
• ( Suspicious Partner ) Watch a Comedy drama/movie or a sitcom.
• (  My PS Partner ) Watch a Mature (or sexual content), LGBT (Gay, Lesbian, transgender), or any 18+ drama/movie.
• ( Secret ) Watch a drama/movie that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres.
• ( Takane to Hana ) Watch a drama/movie tagged with 5 or more genres.

Adaptations (4/5)

• ( Top Management ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel.
• (Playful Kiss) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga.
• (  Cinderella and the four knights ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhwa.
• ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhua.
• ( What's wrong with Secretary Kim? ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a webtoon.

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (19/19)

• ( Eating Existence  ) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below.
• ( Healer ) Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300. (It is the little number on the right of each search result)
• (  Witch yoo  hee ) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000.
• ( Goblin ) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)  ElBee
• ( The Beauty ) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.
• ( Marbling ) Watch a completed drama/movie that hasn't been reviewed.
•  ( W ) Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum.
• ( Her Private Life ) Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge. TaemonRebel
• ( Melting me Softly ) Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed.
• ( Extraordinary You ) Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended.
• (  The K2 ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
• ( Romance is  a bonus Book ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
• ( High Society ) Choose a drama/movie from the search using a generated random word. (Use this site to generate a random word)
• ( Oh My Venus ) Watch a drama/movie that has been on your "Plan to Watch" list for too long.
• (  The Heirs ) Watch a drama/movie that is on your plan to watch list, but has the oldest release date.
• ( Love Alarm ) Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals.
• ( Sweet Revenge 2 ) Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched.
• ( Something about 1%  ) Watch a drama/movie that has been remade.
• (  Clover ) Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from.

Turn In Form 

SANDHYAMOHANRAJ(sandhyamohanraj )

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form:

Once all chooses challenges are done, copy and paste this form into a new reply to this thread.

Turn-in Form:

Once all chooses challenges are done, copy and paste this form into a new reply to this thread.

• Starting date: January  2, 2019
  • Finishing date: December 17, 2019
  • Link to your sign-up form: My Sign-up Form
  • Link to your turn-in form: My Turn-in Form
  • Link to your completed Drama list:  MyDramaList
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard
  • The number of completed dramas for the challenge: 40
  • The number of completed drama specials for the challenge: 1
  • The number of completed movies for the challenge: 9
  • The number of completed variety shows for the challenge: 0
  • Progress: 50/50

Turn in form:

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form:

Turn-in Form:

Thank you for organizing this challenge!

Turn-in Form: