jazz:

Not a question but more a suggestion; something I've been thinking for a while but I wasn't sure where to mention it.

Maybe next year, separate the LGBT and 18+ tags? Having them together in one item to check off your list kind of implies that all LGBT dramas/films are inherently 18+. This obviously isn't the case and LGBT media shouldn't be held to a different standard than cishet-focused ones. Just because Until We Meet Again is about two male lovers being reincarnated that doesn't mean that it's any more explicit than Chicago Typewriter.

IMO it'd be best to either give LGBT its own checklist item (maybe in either the "Characters and Relationships" category or in the Bonus part), or to not distinguish between LGBT and "normal" shows at all.

I agree with you. We mostly went with the format for previous years, and I personally didn't think enough about the existing prompts or categories. It would be worth mentioning to whoever decides to be in the charge of the 2021 challenge before it begins, whether it happens to be some of us again, Hessa again, or another person entirely. 

jazz:
Just because Until We Meet Again is about two male lovers being reincarnated that doesn't mean that it's any more explicit than Chicago Typewriter.

i do understand your point. but this part was about having people try new things. also we added LGBTQ+ and 18+ to it, to give people more of a leeway, since we have underage challengers.

however we will think about it for next year. so if you have anymore suggestions for next year post them here.

dramaworld:

short dramas can be a web series or a drama that is 15 mins or less per episode. 

ok thanks ❤

i looked over everything so i THINK this question hasnt been answered, if so my deepest apologies. 

for the "watch a drama/ movie from an actor/actress with 5 credits or less" 

i have a few questions 1. does this person have to have a main role credit in the drama/movie you watch or can it be any role? 2. is it 5 or less credits at the time of watching or will 5 or less at the time of release be accepted? 3. are we only counting acting credits or are we counting appearence /host credits for variety shows?  

cityhunter:

i looked over everything so i THINK this question hasnt been answered, if so my deepest apologies. 

for the "watch a drama/ movie from an actor/actress with 5 credits or less" 

i have a few questions 1. does this person have to have a main role credit in the drama/movie you watch or can it be any role? 2. is it 5 or less credits at the time of watching or will 5 or less at the time of release be accepted? 3. are we only counting acting credits or are we counting appearence /host credits for variety shows?  

1. does not have to have a main role just put who it is on the side
2 5 credits or less at the time you watched (note how many)
3 aren't those credits?  : P  I would say yes those are counted. but my collegues may have a different opinion, We go with majority since we are 3

OldAnimeLady:

1. does not have to have a main role just put who it is on the side
2 5 credits or less at the time you watched (note how many)
3 aren't those credits?  : P  I would say yes those are counted. but my collegues may have a different opinion, We go with majority since we are 3

if we're counting variety and talk show appearances that will definitely up the difficulty factor lol

cityhunter:

if we're counting variety and talk show appearances that will definitely up the difficulty factor lol

look for the younger actors, they may not even be on mdl.  I will look later and see if I can make a list to link, a voting list

OldAnimeLady:

look for the younger actors, they may not even be on mdl.  I will look later and see if I can make a list to link, a voting list

That's a nice idea. I searched around and finally found one, but at the time I was only looking at actors in a  main role. 

Some newer actors have made their start in web series, so I might look there. 

jubies33:

That's a nice idea. I searched around and finally found one, but at the time I was only looking at actors in a  main role. 

ok I will start one but I only know japanese actors other people will have to add their fave countries baby actors : )

OldAnimeLady:

ok I will start one but I only know japanese actors other people will have to add their fave countries baby actors : )

That's good because I am not as familiar with Japanese rookie actors. I can add from other countries ^.^

What is Harem and Reverse Harem? Does anyone have any recommendations for me, please?

beatriz:

What is Harem and Reverse Harem? Does anyone have any recommendations for me, please?

Its a term from anime..harem is a bunch of women to one man, Reverse haerem is 1 girl to many guys like BOF or HAna yori dango 

OldAnimeLady:

Its a term from anime..harem is a bunch of women to one man, Reverse haerem is 1 girl to many guys like BOF or HAna yori dango 

Ohh so it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic relationships, right?

beatriz:

Ohh so it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic relationships, right?

no it can be friendship

beatriz:

harem means a main leading male with more then one female around him.  

reverse harem means the opposite, a leading female with more than one male around her i.e Cinderella and four knights 

you can try these links though not all are tagged on mdl

harem

reverse harem