This is thread where you post all your questions concerning the 2020 Watch Challenge.  PLEASE make sure to read the F.A.Q. before asking a question.

Okay, total noob here, never done this before cause I find it complicated, but I want to take up the challenge this year. Apologies in advance if my questions seems totally dumb!!

So, first of all, what's the relation of the Difficulty with the specific categories? I mean, I get you only choose from the Bonus categories if you're going for the Dauntless or Diabolical difficulty level, but what about the rest? For example, if you choose Difficulty 6. Merciless, you're suppose to complete 60 drama/movies, but from which categories? Do you choose some of them from the start, do you change them later? Do you choose some items on each sections? Or do you go for all? The total count of all (beside bonus), if I'm not mistaken, is 68, how do you divide that on categories/sections??

And on difficulty 8. Diabolical: Everything listed EXCEPT 5 in the Bonus Section can be skipped. ... That would mean you need to complete 68 (the total of all not bonus) + 14 (all but 5 of the bonus) = 82 dramas/movies. Right? (Since you can only count each title once for the challenge, according to the faq..)

So why do people have so different numbers in "Progress" in their sign-up forms, when choosing Diabolical? 

For example, I see in one user:

"Difficulty:  Diabolical // Progress: 00/84 ", 

in another: 

Difficulty: Diabolical Progress: 0/87 

???

ok lotsa questions

Basically you can do Any category above bonus and it will count towards completion if doing below dauntless.

68+19 is 87 -5 is 82 so I am not sure where 84 came from.

Also as a side not you CAN choose to anything in the bonus section, it just wont count towards completion for below dauntless.  Some are controversial topics and i did not want to force people to have to watch them.

so if you are going for merciless and do 2 bonus you can always note 60 +2b if you want.

Estelll:
So, first of all, what's the relation of the Difficulty with the specific categories? I mean, I get you only choose from the Bonus categories if you're going for the Dauntless or Diabolical difficulty level, but what about the rest? For example, if you choose Difficulty 6. Merciless, you're suppose to complete 60 drama/movies, but from which categories? Do you choose some of them from the start, do you change them later? Do you choose some items on each sections? Or do you go for all? The total count of all (beside bonus), if I'm not mistaken, is 68, how do you divide that on categories/sections?

you if you choose any level from easy to merciless you can choose any challenges from any categories (whatever fits you and whatever you feel like, this is mainly for fun).

Estelll:
So why do people have so different numbers in "Progress" in their sign-up forms, when choosing Diabolical? 

diabolical is between 82 and 87. if they did 82 it will be counted as success but some people just want to go for the all kill.

and welcome to the challenge i hope you have fun and get introduced to new aspects of dramas. 

This is my first time attempting the challenge so I’m unsure of the finer details.

When you click on the documentary link it pulls up dramas and movies, but I was wondering if I could use a tv show with the documentary tag.

SkytheSnail:

This is my first time attempting the challenge so I’m unsure of the finer details.

When you click on the documentary link it pulls up dramas and movies, but I was wondering if I could use a tv show with the documentary tag.

yes the link is just for people who dont want to search on theiir own.  Its just a nudge in the right direction : )

Okay, I have more questions about the challenge, as well as some categories specific ones. Apologies if I'm becoming annoying by this point :3 

Can I change categories as I go? Can I move titles to other categories later? For example, if I watch a drama/movie that could belong in many categories, and I assign one for it, and then later I watch a different drama/movie that's very specific and it could only go to one category, can I move the previous drama to another category, and add the new one to the previous one's spot? 

OldAnimeLady:
Also as a side not you CAN choose to anything in the bonus section, it just wont count towards completion for below dauntless. Some are controversial topics and i did not want to force people to have to watch them.

How is "dramas/movies adapted from a novel" controversial, and "sexual content, 18+, etc" is not? Not that I personally mind any of these. But anyway, the bonus section seems the most interesting for me, whereas some things in non-bonus are VERY HARD to do. :D

• Can I add something I started watching in 2019 but is still ongoing? 

No, only add things started during the challenge period. 

What about those in our On Hold or Dropped list? Do they count, if they were previously abandoned, and now we started them all over? 

And if not, I guess there's still this exception:

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie you previously dropped. 

Right?

• ( ) Watch a complete season of a variety show (it must be a season you have not yet watched before)

That's the most difficult category for me, I never watch variety shows. I don't even know what constitutes a variety show! I mean, I know things like Running Man are definitely variety shows, but I don't even know how to find them, or what defines them. Is any non-drama tv-show a variety show?? Are documentaries, behind the scenes specials, or informative historical accounts variety shows? And where can I stream/download them to watch? 

• ( ) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (rated 10, 9 or 8 by the user, not overall) 

Does this have to be completed for the current challenge by them, or can it be anything on their "Completed" list, regardless of when they completed it? 

• ( ) Watch a poorly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (Rated 5.0 at most) 

Same question. Also, this doesn't state if it must be rated 5.0 by the user or the overall rating, but I guess it's the former, as above? 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed genres under your profile stats. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats. 

But the profile stats are only showing the 10 Most Viewed genres/tags of each user! Anything under that is hidden... Or do you mean the bottom of the most viewed tags/genres, so the 9th or 10th entry in our profile stats? 

Ok yes you can move around, change difficulties etc at any point before turn in. 

Adapted from a novel and the comics were moved for a more generic country category, trying to keep numbers the same,

The variety show one was changed from last year, last year it was a completed variety show, this year I made it easier with one season.

For the next 2 it is from their completed list for all time.  Not just this year

Pick your bottom two, the last genre, the last tag.

Estelll:
Can I move titles to other categories later?

yes, you can maintain your sign up form as you like around the year as long as you didn't submit the turn in form.

Estelll:
How is "dramas/movies adapted from a novel" controversial, and "sexual content, 18+, etc" is not? Not that I personally mind any of these. But anyway, the bonus section seems the most interesting for me, whereas some things in non-bonus are VERY HARD to do. :D

some of them are hard to do and others are easy. that's why it's a challenge, it's meant to broaden your horizon.  

Estelll:
What about those in our On Hold or Dropped list? Do they count, if they were previously abandoned, and now we started them all over?

And if not, I guess there's still this exception:

that's the only exception.

Estelll:
but I don't even know how to find them, or what defines them

variety shows are defined as such all around mdl. you can use this link too. 

Estelll:
Does this have to be completed for the current challenge by them, or can it be anything on their "Completed" list, regardless of when they completed it? 

anything in their completed list.

Estelll:
Same question. Also, this doesn't state if it must be rated 5.0 by the user or the overall rating, but I guess it's the former, as above?

yes, rated by the challengers in their completed list.

Estelll:
But the profile stats are only showing the 10 Most Viewed genres/tags of each user! Anything under that is hidden... Or do you mean the bottom of the most viewed tags/genres, so the 9th or 10th entry in our profile stats? 

yes the last tag appearing in your profile. 

OldAnimeLady and dramaworld thank you very much for your answers!!!! Have a Merry Holiday & Happy New Year!!

I know I was a bit pestersome and some of these I suspected the answers already, but I wanted confirmation, I'm too perfectionist maybe, lol. 

Now on to the challenge!!!!! :)

I was wondering in the " Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members. "  category, does completed members mean the number of watchers?

May we rewatch previously completed dramas for this challenge?

jubies33:
May we rewatch previously completed dramas for this challenge?

you can rewatch dramas but a title can be used once in the challenge. so you can't reuse it cause you rewatched it again during the year.

jubies33:
I was wondering in the " Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members. "  category, does completed members mean the number of watchers?

pictures are attached in the FAQ 

no of watchers is different form no of completed and no of rated 

you can also follow the provided link in the sign up form 

what is the difference between short drama and web series? would a webdrama be counted as a short drama if the eps are longer than 15mins?

XingBack :
what is the difference between short drama and web series? would a webdrama be counted as a short drama if the eps are longer than 15mins?

short dramas can be a web series as long as it is a drama that is 15 mins or less per episode. 

Not a question but more a suggestion; something I've been thinking for a while but I wasn't sure where to mention it.

Maybe next year, separate the LGBT and 18+ tags? Having them together in one item to check off your list kind of implies that all LGBT dramas/films are inherently 18+. This obviously isn't the case and LGBT media shouldn't be held to a different standard than cishet-focused ones. Just because Until We Meet Again is about two male lovers being reincarnated that doesn't mean that it's any more explicit than Chicago Typewriter.

IMO it'd be best to either give LGBT its own checklist item (maybe in either the "Characters and Relationships" category or in the Bonus part), or to not distinguish between LGBT and "normal" shows at all.