Welcome to the 

2020 Watch Challenge 

This year Hessa has stepped down from the Yearly Watch Challenge.  She has moderated it for many years before and we thank her for her patience and time in that period.  When she announced she was looking for someone to take over the challenge, Old Anime Ladykdoramalama, and Dramaworld volunteered to take over. We hope you like the ideas we came up with and if you have suggestions for 2021 add them to the discussion thread. : ). 

------------------------------

(Disclaimer: This challenge was first introduced on MAL by SheyCroixwe are just trying to recreate it to suit drama/movie fans. we do not intend to take someone else’s credit and  Hessa already got permission from MAL. Moreover, if you are a fan of Anime or Manga make sure to check out their Challenges.) 

Rules: 

1. This challenge starts on January 1, 2020, and ends December 28, 2020. 

2. You have to pick the difficulty level (You may change the difficulty level later):  

1. Super Easy: 10 drama/movies 

2. Easy: 20 drama/movies 

3. Medium: 30 drama/movies 

4. Hard: 40 drama/movies 

5. Extremely Hard: 50 drama/movies 

6. Merciless: 60 drama/movies 

7. Dauntless: 70 dramas/movies all Categories+ 2 Bonus 

8. Diabolical: Everything listed EXCEPT 5 in the Bonus Category can be skipped. 

1. You can’t use the same drama/movie multiple times. Each drama/movie can only be used once in this challenge. 

2. You can't include dramas/movies you started before the challenge. All dramas/movies must be started during the challenge period. 

3. Don't discuss anything in this thread. Just post your sign-up form here. If you want to discuss this challenge use 2020 Watch Challenge Discussion thread. 

4. Don't keep posting updates on the thread, just edit your original post. You should only have 1 post the sign-up form (Tip: save a link to your sign-up post to easily find it around the year). 

5. After you finish your challenge you should post your turn-in form in this thread before December 28, 2020.  

6. When you finish a drama/movie add the title next to the selected challenge. (It may be helpful to indicate Drama/movie/Drama special for tallying purposes upon completion as well) 

7. You cannot choose from the Bonus section If you are not doing Dauntless or Diabolical levels. 

8.  if you are doing anything form Super easy to Merciless levels you can choose -to your liking- form all the categories EXCEPT Bonus. (you can do bonus as a self challenge but we will not count it).

9. Any forms or questions posted in the wrong thread will be IGNORED. 

FAQ:  

• Can I add something I started watching in 2019 but is still ongoing? 

• No, only add things started during the challenge period. 

• I don't have a favorite actor, director, or screenwriter. What can I do? 

• Go to your favorite drama/movie and see who is the actor, director, or screenwriter and watch one of their other works. 

• Is the Challenge for Korean dramas/movies only? 

• No, you can watch dramas/movies from any country listed on MDL. 

• Can any award be chosen for the award-winning challenge? 

• Yes, any awards work. SBS, KBS, MBC, Baeksang, etc. 

• Can I list several dramas/movies for each challenge (Example: Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel)? 

• No, only 1 will be counted. So, choose one (either drama or movies) and use it for the challenge. We will only count the first title. 

• Only a few titles are listed in the links you provided? 

• We added links to tags to make things easier for you, however, you don't necessarily need to use it. Moreover, not everything is tagged, so only a few things would show up. Hopefully, as we do the challenge, we help each other and add tags to watched dramas/movies.

• Can you provide the code so I can copy it and keep the same format? 

• Unfortunately, copying and pasting codes in the forum is disabled. Sorry about that, nothing we can do. You can ask the admins to add the ability if you want. 

• Can I re-watch titles instead of watching new dramas/movies? 

• Yes, but remember a title can only be used one in the challenge. 

• If I watch a title that had less than 1000 users (for the less than 1000 user challenge), but during the span of the challenge the number increased, does it count? 

• It is okay. Just add the number of users when you watched it next to the title and we’'ll know that the number went up after you watched it. Same goes for the 100 users or less.  here is a list but not all by any stretch .

•   Example in which the number of rated users in the violet square, 
      if you click on the stats circled in red you can see the completed users in this chart.

• Why does this challenge end on December 28, 2020? 

• Because we need time to check all the users who finished the challenge and make the 2021 challenge. Also, we want to spend time with our families. 

• Where can I find films that are 3-hours long? 

• Can I choose from the Bonus section if I am doing any level? 

• No, Bonus is only available for challengers doing dauntless and diabolical. 

• Where do I find the ”Hearts” for the 500 hearts or less challenge? 

• In the upper right- hand corner of every actor is a heart indicating their popularity. Example  Here's a list  that we will keep updating.  

• Where do I Find the Ranking of a Title?

• [Example] (see users question for where to find this box)  

• What credits should be counted for the (an actor/actress with 5 credits or less)?

• All credits in their MDL page should be counted. they don't have to be a leading cast (add the name of the cast member you choose+ this credit count near the title).
      here's a list that we complied.

• Do i have to rewatch the whole drama i dropped? i don't have any dramas in my Dropped list?

• No, you can continue watching the drama where you left off, even if you dropped it years ago (this is the only exception). if your Dropped list is empty you can use your On Hold list.

• Where can i find old movies with English subtitles?

• you can use THIS or the lists our amazing challengers helped create in the discussion thread.

დ NOTE: we welcome your contributions to the voting lists we compiled and linked in the challenge.
        ❣ Don't forget to add/vote TAGS to dramas you watch and help the community :) .

Badges:

Generic

http://tinyimg.io/i/6wNGo5g.png 

Tiers

Actors

first link is an actor or character
second is just text on a blank background

Super Easy

Easy

Medium

Hard

Extremely Hard

Merciless

Dauntless

Diabolical

Bae Doo Na
Baifern
Chen Bolin
Deng Lun
Gong Yoo
Han Seok Kyu
IU
Jang Dong Yoon [2] [2.5]
Jo Seung Woo
Karata Erika
Lee Da Hee
Lee Joon [2] (thanks Sunnie !)
Nishikido Ryo
Push Puttichai
Shin Hye Sun
Suda Masaki
Ueto Aya
Wang Yibo
Woo Do Whan
Xiao Zhan
Yang Zi

Banners:

http://tinyimg.io/i/jG8fG1w.png 

http://tinyimg.io/i/h2wG4MV.png 

many thanks to hideyourheart for designing most of the current badges and banners

How to add a badge or banner to your profile, resize, move and link it to your post:

• Add: Go to your profile settings (click on the icon in the top right of the MyDramaList header/banner, then find settings). You should see a section labeled Biography at the bottomClick wherever you want the image to appear.  Select insert image (the third icon) and copy and paste the URL of the badge or banner you wish to add.
  • Resize: Click anywhere on the image and drag one of the four boxes that appear in the corners.
  • Move: Simply click and drag where you want.
  • Link: Find your post in the 2020 Watch Challenge thread and click on the V in the bottom right, then -> share and copy the URL. Alternatively, you can right-click on the x minutes/days ago in the top right and copy link address. Click on the image in your profile and there should be a double chain looking icon on the far right labeled insert link where you can paste the URL.

I made a small album for those who need visual aid. JoanneSmith has a video tutorial which you can find here. DM me if you have questions.

please note:
the dimensions are large so you may resize them to suit your needs
you may submit any actor/character/generic badge or banner as long as it's PG and abides by MDL's rules 

Copy and paste the entire post below and update as needed.

Sign-up Form: 

• Starting date: (Format: month day, year. Example: January 1, 2020) 
  • Link to your Drama list: (Drama List, not custom made lists) 
  • Difficulty: 
  • Progress: ??/?? 

Type (0/3) 

• ( ) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less) 
  • ( ) Watch a web series. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama special(Not the behind-the-scenes episodes or the interviews or extra scenes) 

Award-winning (0/5) 

• ( ) Watch an award-winning drama/movie. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress. 

Favorite (0/5)

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before.  

Release Date (0/11) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this website. (It will generate 5 dates, choose any year you want.) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1970s. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1980s. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1990s. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 to 2005. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2006 to 2010. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019. 

Characters and Relationships (0/5) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie with students or children as the main cast. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a non-human main character. 

Genres and Tags (0/16) 

Countries (0/7) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the Philippines. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Thailand 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Japan. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from South Korea 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from China. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Taiwan. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Hong Kong. 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (0/16) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a Bromance/Sismance vibe. 
  • ( ) Watch a Slice of Life drama/movie. 
  • ( ) Watch a complete season of a variety show (it must be a season you have not yet watched before) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an actor/actress who has 5 or fewer credits to their name. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.) 
  • ( ) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (rated 10, 9 or 8 by the user, not overall) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  
  • ( ) Watch a drama that was added to a popular voted list in the list index.  
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie on your Recommendations page. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed genres under your profile stats. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats. 

BONUS:

(For fun. Doesn't need to be completed unless you are going for Dauntless, in which case you need to choose two. If you choose Diabolic you may choose not to do 5 of the Bonus, however, you must complete everything above the bonus section.)

• ( ) Watch a long movie. (3 hours/180+ minutes).
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1940s. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1950s. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1960s. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with an age gap. 
  • ( ) Watch a Reverse Harem/Harem drama/movie. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in an article on MDL. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in the feeds. 
  • ( ) Watch a poorly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (Rated 5.0 at most) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie less than 100 people have watched.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie you previously dropped. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has at least 1500 hearts on their MDL page. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhwa.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhua.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel or webtoon.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with over 50 Reviews. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with 0 Reviews. 

Hall of Fame OR Users who have completed the challenge

Part 2

Once all chooses challenges are done, copy and paste this form into a new reply to the Turn In Thread (here)  DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IT WILL NOT COUNT. 

• Starting date: (Format: month day, year. Example: January 1, 2020  

• Finishing date: (Format: month day, year. Example: December 28, 2020)  

• Link to your sign-up form: (Click on the symbol v on the bottom right of your post, copy the share link, and post it here as a url (don't type link and link it), so that I can easily copy it) 

• Link to your turn-in form: (Keep this empty, post the turn-in forum, Click on v on the bottom right of your post, copy the share link, edit your  turn-in post, and include the url, so that I can easily copy it) 

• Link to your completed Drama list: (Drama List, not custom made lists) 

• Difficulty: 

• The number of completed dramas for the challenge: 

• The number of completed drama specials for the challenge: 

• The number of completed movies for the challenge: 

• The number of completed variety shows for the challenge: 

• Progress: ??/?? 

Type (0/3) 

• ( X) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less)  Another Parting
  • (X ) Watch a web series.  Tomorrow Boy
  • (X ) Watch a drama special(Not the behind-the-scenes episodes or the interviews or extra scenes) Persona

Award-winning (0/5) 

• ( X) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter.  The King: Eteranal Monarch
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor.  Mask

Favorite (0/5)

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies. 
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before.  where your eyes linger

Release Date (0/11) 

• ( X) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year. Why R U
  • ( X) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL.  my teacher (OAL 2017)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this website. (It will generate 5 dates, choose any year you want.) 
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019.  Until We Meet Again

• (x ) Watch a drama/movie with students or children as the main cast.  2 moons 2
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast.  because this is my first life
  • (x ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship.  Love By Chance

Genres and Tags (0/16) 

Countries (0/7) 

• (X ) Watch a drama/movie from Thailand  Dark Blue Kiss
  • (x ) Watch a drama/movie from Japan.  Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from South Korea 
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie from China.  Find yourself
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie from Taiwan.  Triad Princess

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (0/16) 

• ( ) Watch a complete season of a variety show (it must be a season you have not yet watched before) 
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below.  You are my Destiny (2020)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000. 
  • ( X) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.  unasked family
  • ( X) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)  Crash landing on You
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) 
  • ( X) Watch a drama/movie from an actor/actress who has 5 or fewer credits to their name. DArk Blue and Moonlight
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.)  En of Love : Love mechanics
  • ( ) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (rated 10, 9 or 8 by the user, not overall) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie on your Recommendations page.  2gether
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed genres under your profile stats. 

BONUS:

(For fun. Doesn't need to be completed unless you are going for Dauntless, in which case you need to choose two. If you choose Diabolic you may choose not to do 5 of the Bonus, however, you must complete everything above the bonus section.)

• (X ) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in the feeds. My Engineer
  • ( ) Watch a poorly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (Rated 5.0 at most) 
  • ( X) Watch a drama/movie less than 100 people have watched. My Dear Lady
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie you previously dropped.  Extraordinary You
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has at least 1500 hearts on their MDL page. 
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page. Never Twice 
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel or webtoon.  Addicted Heroin
  • (X ) Watch a drama/movie with 0 Reviews.  Ghost Bride

Sign-up Form: 

Starting date: January 1, 2020

Link to your Drama list: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/OldAnimeLady

Difficulty: Insanium..I am going to Try to do them all (officially Diabolical though)
title color code: #FC03DF

Progress: ??/87

Type (3/3) 

Award-winning (5/5) 

Favorite (5/5)

• (Zeni Geba   ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors. Matsuyama Kenichi
  • ( Misaki Number One!!  ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses. 
  • ( Diner  ) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies. 
  • ( The 8-Year Engagement  ) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies. 
  • (The Seaside Motel  ) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before.  

Release Date (11/11) 

Characters and Relationships (5/5) 

Genres and Tags (16/16) 

Countries (7/7) 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (16/16) 

BONUS:(18/19)

Plan to Watch | Currently Watching | Completed

Type (2/3) 

Award-winning (4/5) 

Favorite (5/5)

Release Date (4/11) 

• (Find Me in Your Memory) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL. 
  • (More Than Blue ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2006 to 2010. 
  • (A Dramatic Night ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015. 
  • (Start-Up) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019. 

Genres and Tags (12/16) 

Countries (7/7) 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (11/16) 

BONUS:

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page. 
  • () Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel or webtoon.

Sign-up Form: 

Type (3/3) 

• ( ) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less)  Click on your Heart
  • ( ) Watch a web series.  My Little Princess
  • ( ) Watch a drama special(Not the behind-the-scenes episodes or the interviews or extra scenes) Rinsho Hanzai Gakusha Himura Hideo no Suri: Another Story

Award-winning (5/5) 

• (✔ ) Watch an award-winning drama/movie. Parasite
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director. The fiery priest
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter.  A life
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor.  When the weather is fine
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress.  You are my destiny

Favorite (5/5)

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors.  Koi wa Tsuzuku yo doko made mo
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses. To all the boys who loved me
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies.   Theseus no fune (director of Hana Yori Dango)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies. Nagi no oitoma
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before.  Perfect World

Release Date (9/11) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year.  Yameru Toki mo, Sukoyaka Naru Toki mo 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL. Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi 2 (Lifunia joined on 2014)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL.  Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi  (I joined on 2012)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this website. (It will generate 5 dates, choose any year you want.) (1986, 1987, 1990, 2000, 2010) Omiai Kekkon
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1990s. Risou no Kekkon
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 to 2005. Aikurishii
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2006 to 2010.  Aishiteru
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015. Otona Joshi
  • (✔ ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019. Motokare Mania

• (✔ ) Watch a drama/movie with students or children as the main cast. Extraordinary You
  • (✔ ) Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast. Chocolate
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships. Tell me what you saw
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship.  Crash Landing on You
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a non-human main character. Mystic Pop-up Bar

Genres and Tags (14/16) 

Countries (4/7) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Thailand 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Japan.  Strawberry night saga
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from South Korea Vagabond
  • (✔  ) Watch a drama/movie from China.  The Romance of Tiger and Rose
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from Taiwan.  What is love

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (15/16) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a Bromance/Sismance vibe.  Miman Keisatsu: Midnight Runner
  • ( ) Watch a Slice of Life drama/movie.  Hospital Playlist
  • ( ) Watch a complete season of a variety show (it must be a season you have not yet watched before) House on Wheels  
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below.  Kakafukaka (rating = 6.9)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000.  Oh my Baby
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.  Innocent days (408 members as to Feb 13, 2020)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)  Find me in your memory
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)  A Poem a Day
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an actor/actress who has 5 or fewer credits to their name.  He is psychometric (Shin Ye Eun - 4 credits under her name as to Feb 4, 2020)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.) (V, X, I) Ishi no Mayu
  • ( ) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (rated 10, 9 or 8 by the user, not overall)  Extracurricular (watched by Sos, rated 8.5)
  • ( ) Watch a drama that was added to a popular voted list in the list index.  Stranger 2
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie on your Recommendations page. Beautiful World
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed genres under your profile stats.  Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru (genre: food)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats. Dinner Mate (tag: misunderstanding)

BONUS:

Sign-up Form: 

Watching Completed

Type (3/3) 

Award-winning (0/5) 

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor. 

Favorite (0/5)

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before.  

Release Date (2/11) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year. (Kingdom: Season 2)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019.  (Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung)

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie with students or children as the main cast.  (Who Are You: School 2015)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship. 

Genres and Tags (5/16) 

Countries (5/7) 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (1/16) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000.  (#Alive)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an actor/actress who has 5 or fewer credits to their name. 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.) 

BONUS:

Sign-up Form: 

Type (3/3) 

Award-winning (5/5) 

• (✔︎) Watch an award-winning drama/movie: Muhomatsu no Issho (Golden Lion from 1958 Venice Film Festival)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director: Burning (Lee Chang-dong, 2018 Buil Film Awards for Best Director)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter: House of Hummingbird (Kim Bora, 2019 Blue Dragon Award for Best Screenplay)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor: The Spy Gone North (2018 Grand Bell Award for Best Actor for Lee Sung-min and Hwang Jung-min)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress: Very Ordinary Couple (2013 Baeksang Arts Award for Best Actress for Kim Min-hee)

Favorite (5/5)

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors: Ah, Koya: Part 1 (Yang Ik-jun)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses: Crazy Romance (Gong Hyo-jin)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies: A Wanderer's Notebook (Naruse Mikio)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies: High and Low (co-written by Kikushima Ryuzo)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before: Chichi to Musuko no Chika Idol (screenwriter: Mitsumasu Yoshiyuki, winner of the 2nd WOWOW rookie scenario award)

Release Date (10/11) 

Genres and Tags (13/16) 

Countries (5/7) 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (14/16) 

Sign-up Form: 

❣ Type (3/3) 

❣ Award-winning (5/5) 

❣ Favorite (5/5)

Release Date (11/11) 

❣ Characters and Relationships (5/5) 

Genres and Tags (16/16) 

Countries (7/7) 

❣ MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (16/16) 

❣ BONUS (15/14)

Sign-up Form: 

• Starting date: January 1, 2020
  • Link to your Drama list: Misunderst0_od's List
  • Difficulty: Diabolical
  • Progress: 82/82

Plan to Watch   |     Currently Watching    |    Completed

Type (3/3) 

• (✔︎) Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less) One Fine Week 1/5
  • (✔︎) Watch a web series. All-Boys High - 1/7
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama special(Not the behind-the-scenes episodes or the interviews or extra scenes) Gibo to Musume no Blues 2020-nen Kinga Shinnen Special - 1/26

Award-winning (5/5) 

• (✔︎) Watch an award-winning drama/movie. Parasite - 1/6
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director. A Sun - 3/15
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter.  The King: Eternal Monarch
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor. Juror 8 - 5/4
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress. You Are My Destiny - 4/9

Favorite (5/5)

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors. Kao Waan Hai Noo Pen Sai Lub - 4/18 (Great Warintorn♥)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses. Find Me In Your Memory - 5/18 (Kim Seul Gi ♥)
  • (✔︎)  Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies. WATCHER - 2/2
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies. Hospital Playlist- 5/28
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before. After My Death - 6/4 

Release Date (11/11) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year.  My Lonely Planet - 3/25
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL. (2016) Ie Uru Onna - 5/11
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL. Runaway - Aisuru Kimi no Tame ni - 1/11
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this website. (1998, 2002, 2007, 2009, 2010) Mae Ka Khanom Wan - 5/14
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from the 1970s.  Drunken Master - 11/15
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from the 1980s.  Hachiko Monogatari - 11/20
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from the 1990s.  Glass Mask - 11/20
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 to 2005. A Moment to Remember - 12/25
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2006 to 2010. Gourmet - 1/31
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015. Yoo Na's Street - 5/23
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019. Fake Phoenixes - 3/27

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with students or children as the main cast. How to Buy a Friend - 4/19
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast. The World of the Married - 5/17
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships. Bento Harrassment - 1/18
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship. Forget You Remember Love - 5/9
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with a non-human main character. Meow, The Secret Boy - 5/16

Genres and Tags (16/16) 

Countries (7/7) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from the Philippines. The Girl Allergic to WiFi - 8/18
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from Thailand Meo Me & You - 7/16
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from Japan. Watashi, Teiji de Kaerimasu - 4/21
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from South Korea The Bros - 4/21
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from China. Skate into Love - 4/23
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from Taiwan. Someday or One Day - 2/17
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from Hong Kong. Ip Man - 8/18

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (16/16) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with a Bromance/Sismance vibe. Broject - 7/29 
  • (✔︎) Watch a Slice of Life drama/movie. When The Weather is Fine - 4/25
  • (✔︎) Watch a complete season of a variety show (it must be a season you have not yet watched before) TwoGether 6/28
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below. The Assassin - 1/5
  • (✔︎)) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000. Man to Man - 7/3
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members. Girlfriend - 6/2 (808 completed, 956 watchers as of completion date)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) Mother of Mine - 1/30
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) Dr. Cutie - 3/23
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an actor/actress who has 5 or fewer credits to their name. Let's Go Crazy On Live  - 6/2 (Xiang Jie Ru)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.) (U, X, A) Until I Meet September's Love - 1/11
  • (✔︎) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (rated 10, 9 or 8 by the user, not overall) Diary of a Prosecutor - 2/13 (@kura2ninja)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  Crocodile and the Plover Bird 2/18
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama that was added to a popular voted list in the list index.  Hot Stove League - 2/15
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie on your Recommendations page. Catch the Ghost 8/18
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed genres under your profile stats. (Crime) Suparburoot Jorm Jon: Maturot Lohgan - 4/15
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats. (Tragic Past) Chocolate - 1/21

BONUS: (14/19)

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with an age gap. Kaew Klang Dong - 4/13
  • (✔︎) Watch a Reverse Harem/Harem drama/movie. Lub Luang Jai - 5/27
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in an article on MDL. The Blood of Wolves - 1/11
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in the feeds. Sapai Import - 4/16
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie less than 100 people have watched. Timeless Romance - 2/2 (6 as of date watched)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie you previously dropped. Love at First Hate - 5/26
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has at least 1500 hearts on their MDL page. Crash Landing On You - 2/16 (Hyun Bin)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page. Fall In Love With Fox - 5/31 (Pan Zi Jian - 93 hearts)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga. Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo - 3/22
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhwa. Tazza: Hidden Card - 12/23
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhua. Yong Jiu Grocery Store - 6/2
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel or webtoon. Girl Next Room: Midnight Fantasy - 5/26 
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with over 50 Reviews. Itaewon Class - 3/21
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie with 0 Reviews. Standing in the Time 1/7 (no reviews at time of completion)

Sign-up Form: 

• Starting date: January 1st, 2020
  • Link to your Drama list: My Drama List
  • Difficulty: Medium Hard
  • Progress: 40/40
    • Super Easy: 10 drama/movies (April 22nd)
    • Easy:  20 drama/movies (August 18th)
    • Medium30 drama/movies (October 20th)
    • Hard: 40 drama/movies (December 27th)

Type (2/3) 

Award-winning (2/5) 

Favorite (5/5)

Release Date (4/11) 

• () Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year. – My Unfamiliar Family (June 1st, 2020)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this website. (Options: 3/14/1986, 1/14/1991, 8/3/1998, 10/5/2002, 10/19/2010)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1970s.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1980s.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1990s.
  • () Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 to 2005. – Pride (January 12th, 2004)
  • () Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2006 to 2010Love Shuffle (January 16th, 2009)
  • () Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015. – Boku to Star no 99 Nichi (October 23rd, 2011)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019.

Characters and Relationships (5/5) 

Genres and Tags (12/16) 

Countries (3/7) 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (7/16) 

• () Watch a drama/movie with a Bromance/Sismance vibe. – Tunnel
  • () Watch a Slice of Life drama/movie. – When the Weather Is Fine
  • ( ) Watch a complete season of a variety show (it must be a season you have not yet watched before) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below.
  • () Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000. – Nee Sensei, Shiranai No? (Ranked #6146 on April 23rd)
  • () Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members. – Peanut Butter Sandwich (Finished 11/8 - 236 Users Completed)
  • () Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. – Ex-Girlfriend Club (E) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (O) 
  • () Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.) – Ga Doo Ri’s Sushi Restaurant (Options: P, J, G)
  • ( ) Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (rated 10, 9 or 8 by the user, not overall) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.
  • ( ) Watch a drama that was added to a popular voted list in the list index.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie on your Recommendations page.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed genres under your profile stats.
  • () Watch a drama/movie from your least viewed tags under your profile stats. – Dinner Mate (Finished 7/14: Healing)

BONUS:

(For fun. Doesn't need to be completed unless you are going for Dauntless, in which case you need to choose two. If you choose Diabolical you may choose not to do 5 of the Bonus, however, you must complete everything above the bonus section.)

• ( ) Watch a long movie. (3 hours/180+ minutes).
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1940s.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1950s.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1960s.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie with an age gap.
  • ( ) Watch a Reverse Harem/Harem drama/movie.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in an article on MDL.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that was mentioned in the feeds.
  • ( ) Watch a poorly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on. (Rated 5.0 at most) 
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie less than 100 people have watched.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie you previously dropped.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has at least 1500 hearts on their MDL page.
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie where the lead actor/actress has less than 500 hearts on their MDL page.

Sign-up Form: 

Type (3/3) 

Award-winning (3/5) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director. Perfect World (Kenji Shibayama)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor. Was It Love? (Son Ho Joon) 
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress.  On Your Wedding Day (Park Bo Young)

Favorite (5/5)

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actors. Rugal (Choi Jin Hyuk)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that has one of your favorite actresses. Crash Landing on You (Son Ye Jin)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorite dramas/movies. Dinner Mate (Black)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorite dramas/movies. Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (Shopping King Louie)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you haven't seen anything from before.  Touch (writer Ahn Ho Kyung)

Release Date (4/11) 

• (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered this year. More Than Friends
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL.  My Little Princess (Echo → 2016)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL. (2014)
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie that began airing/premiered in one of the years generated by this website. (It will generate 5 dates, choose any year you want.) (1999, 2001, 2005, 2007)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2011 to 2015. Commuting to School Series: Commuter Tram
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2016 to 2019. Love with Flaws

Genres and Tags (12/16) 

Countries (3/7) 

MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous (5/16) 

• (✔︎) Watch a Slice of Life drama/movie. Miss Independent Ji Eun 2
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie ranked more than 2000. So I Married an Anti-fan (#7701 → 29.02)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) It's Okay to Not Be Okay
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from an actor/actress who has 5 or fewer credits to their name. Miss Independent Ji Eun (Jung Eui Jae, 3 credits →  16.04)
  • (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie that begins with one of the following letters: (Generate 3 from this site and choose one.) (H, Z, E) Extraordinary You