loldPlany wrote: I've stalled on Romance Town...Don't know why exactly.

anglecrazy wrote: Me too, I've been stuck on episode 6 for a while.

Is it because the drama feels like it's going nowhere? Because that's why I've put Romance Town on hold (x It's just, the first couple of episodes were so good, but then it became obvious that there's no evident plot so I just decided to wait until later to finish it, when I'll be able to know what the ending is.
urameshiya wrote: Is it because the drama feels like it's going nowhere? Because that's why I've put Romance Town on hold (x It's just, the first couple of episodes were so good, but then it became obvious that there's no evident plot so I just decided to wait until later to finish it, when I'll be able to know what the ending is.

Hm, I think the problem is that as a slice of life, the thrust of Romance Town isn't the plot; it's the characters that generate the momentum to propel the story forward. I'm an avid Romance Town follower, so I can say from the vantage point of having finished episode 14 that the first half of the series deals heavily with the motives, desires, and personalities of 1st Street's residents, and it's now in the second half where I can see how it all comes together to create this cause-and-effect chain that's coming to life now. There are still some inconsistencies with episode quality, but the past two have been pretty good, and given the ending of 14, I'm desperate for episode 15 to be released. So, I would say keep on truckin' with Romance Town. Then again, it might be a drama that appeals only to me. =(
khadijah123 wrote: Hm, I think the problem is that as a slice of life, the thrust of Romance Town isn't the plot; it's the characters that generate the momentum to propel the story forward. I'm an avid Romance Town follower, so I can say from the vantage point of having finished episode 14 that the first half of the series deals heavily with the motives, desires, and personalities of 1st Street's residents, and it's now in the second half where I can see how it all comes together to create this cause-and-effect chain that's coming to life now. There are still some inconsistencies with episode quality, but the past two have been pretty good, and given the ending of 14, I'm desperate for episode 15 to be released. So, I would say keep on truckin' with Romance Town. Then again, it might be a drama that appeals only to me. =(

Not only to you, I'm on the same boat. Can't wait for 15, and loved the ending of 14. Poor Hyeon Ju thinks they've all died. Haha, :D
khadijah123 wrote: Hm, I think the problem is that as a slice of life, the thrust of Romance Town isn't the plot; it's the characters that generate the momentum to propel the story forward. I'm an avid Romance Town follower, so I can say from the vantage point of having finished episode 14 that the first half of the series deals heavily with the motives, desires, and personalities of 1st Street's residents, and it's now in the second half where I can see how it all comes together to create this cause-and-effect chain that's coming to life now. There are still some inconsistencies with episode quality, but the past two have been pretty good, and given the ending of 14, I'm desperate for episode 15 to be released. So, I would say keep on truckin' with Romance Town. Then again, it might be a drama that appeals only to me. =(

mayzified wrote: Not only to you, I'm on the same boat. Can't wait for 15, and loved the ending of 14. Poor Hyeon Ju thinks they've all died. Haha, :D

Well, I'm going to trust both of you and keep watching it. I just thought there was no point to it since it was going nowhere on the episodes I stopped at, but if the point of the first half is to set up for this chain reaction in the second half, I guess I'll give it another try (even though I really don't have a choice considering that I like finishing all dramas I start). Although I really didn't like the whole double identity thing Soon Geum was trying to pull, but whatever. Hopefully, I'll agree with your opinions soon ^-^
Boyzen wrote: Well, I'm going to trust both of you and keep watching it. I just thought there was no point to it since it was going nowhere on the episodes I stopped at, but if the point of the first half is to set up for this chain reaction in the second half, I guess I'll give it another try (even though I really don't have a choice considering that I like finishing all dramas I start). Although I really didn't like the whole double identity thing Soon Geum was trying to pull, but whatever. Hopefully, I'll agree with your opinions soon ^-^

The double identity thing really doesn't last long, compared to the rest of the plot.
Boyzen wrote: Although I really didn't like the whole double identity thing Soon Geum was trying to pull, but whatever. Hopefully, I'll agree with your opinions soon ^-^

This is the reason I'm stuck on episode 6. I hate stupid stuff like this when it's so obvious it's that person.

CarleyAmaya wrote: The double identity thing really doesn't last long, compared to the rest of the plot.

Until what episode does it last?
nadejda wrote: Until what episode does it last?

Hahaha, Gun Woo figures it out in episode 7. =P
Misunderst0_od wrote: Hahaha, Gun Woo figures it out in episode 7. =P

You've given me the strength to continue the drama....lol
emii wrote: You've given me the strength to continue the drama....lol

Haha, yay~!
and what do you think of it...NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!

I am posting this thread cos i like to mention the drama i am currently watching BUT dont like going to discussion threads for fear of spoilers (this is cos i generally watch completed dramas - to impatient to watch currently airing ones).

Ok so right now I am watching Save The Last Dance [2004] starring Ji Sung from Protect The Boss.

So far so good , plenty of drama lots of angst which is just my cup of tea....the story has been unfolding at a quick pace. I am on ep 8 lets hope it continues in this vein.
The Princess' Man. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm only on episode 3. I have no idea what's going to happen since I have stayed away from spoilers myself. I am partial to Park Shi Hoo because I loved him in Prosecuter Princess and Queen of Reversals. He is one of my Strange Attraction actors and he's a scene stealer. Already I can tell this drama is going to be good.
@Jeanie - it's an excellent Drama (:

The Greatest Love

I'm on episode 13 and I think it's good so far. It's downright hilarious in parts. I can't stand the manager or Kang Se Ri. As far as the story goes it's not bad, but not the greatest. The comedy makes up for it though (:
Right now I'm watching

Material Queen- I absolutely love this drama. I read the story description, started it watching and fell in love. Some people might not like it because the main female lead is materialistic (refer to the title...), but I think she is more real than those whiny saps. I love how her character is growing.

The Holy Pearl- The story interests me, but it's a Chinese drama and I'm not too fond of the acting. I'm on EP 8.

I'm watching more, but some like, Meitantei no Okite, I'm trying to watch slowly so I can savor MS...lol
Ojakgyo Brothers (K-Drama),
Office Girls (T-Drama),
Love Keeps Going (T-Drama),
Startling by Each Step (C-Drama)
I'm currently watching Let's Watch the Meteor Shower Again (second season of the Chinese version of Hana Yori Dango). I hated the first season, but I'm forcing myself to watch the second season for no particular reason. I think it's because I'm masochistic.