While I prefer kdrama, I do watch some jdramas  for me jdrama characters are often too over the top or stiff. In addition to the fact jdramas are too short not enough episodes or the length of the show is like 25 mins. I do like some jdrama because the people often look more real, less overly done with make up and wear clothes normal people can afford. Kdramas touch me deeply because the actors know how to emot and the ost are often so amazing I end up buying the songs on iTunes.

I choose K-Drama because more so often because they have the most magnificent cinematography, better acting and stories, and attractive features. I also occasionally watch J-Drama, but only small of them since J-Drama has something issues with accessbility. But i know one thing that J-Drama is known for its shorter episodes, duration being shorter and the cinematograhpy being terrible. J-Drama also has some weird stories, horrible acting and not being focused too munch on romantic.

(sorry for my poor English)

J dramas

1. No dragging
  2. No over-used OST
  3. Romance is not needed for every freakin one
  4. More real plot-lines which provokes more emotion
  5. More diverse plots/ stories
  6. Better endings
  7. Consistent plot (starts good tends to end good)

Two things that I think K dramas do have over J dramas is the production quality is def better BUT far more of the stories are duds. Pretty outside, crap inside. K dramas do romance better but really its because they ALWAYS do them; seriously I think I've seen like ONE drama where there wasn't romance (Save Me) but people were still asking for it -_-

I love both! depends on my mood when I watch it.

I started out with jdramas. I love how they portray the feelings so well and the stories are almost never cliché and so unique. the lines are very well thought out and you can really learn a lot about Japanese culture from most bc it's so engrained. on the whole, jdramas tend to be better written...especially crime. but the production quality is a lot lower and pretty homely. I prefer jmovies most bc they have amazing stories along with high quality production. 

I usually watch kdramas when im in the mood for more glossier stories and a pretty cast. I love how Korean culture is evolving and you can see it in the kdramas. the trends are shifting and newer kdramas have better written characters with lots of women centric plots and cover a lot of issues. 

jdramas have always been doing that but jdramas tend to be a lil heavy to watch while kdramas are comparatively lighter. honestly both are amazing.

if you asked me 2 years ago...or even just a year ago I would've said jdramas without a doubt but now the lines between them are kinda blurred. they both evoke emotion in their own unique way. so it's just a matter of cultural differences now ;)

I don't have a preference, but I seem to watch more Jdramas unintentionally.

I used to be obsessed with Kdrama, but the kdrama that have recently been released just don't interest me, so I am watching a lot of Chinese drama like the Brightest Star in the Sky, which is a Chinese drama that has to do with music. It has really nice music, I highly recommend it.