Hi guys, many of you have asked about the list of legal streaming websites for Asian dramas, so we'll use this topic to update the list.

Please feel free to post the links of the ones you know (the sites have to be legal!).

The list:

VikiKorean, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Latin telenovelas, Variety shows

SUBBED
Free streaming
$4.99/month; $49.99/year
*first access, HD Quality & No Ads

*if  you're a contributor (subbing, segmenting) then you get a 6-months Viki  pass. The license restrictions are not publicly known.
CrunchyrollJapanese

SUBBED
Free streaming
$6.95/month + a 14-Day Free Trial
NetflixJapanese, Chinese, Hong Kong, Korean, Taiwanese, for the full list go HERE.

SUBBED
Depends on the country; average cost is $7.99 per month
HuluJapanese, Korean

SUBBED
30 days free, then starts at $5.99/ month;
Hulu with Live TV -BETA: 7 days free, then starts at $39.99/ month
OnDemandKoreaKorean

SUBBED/UNSUBBED
Free streaming
$6.99/month; $59.99/year
ViuJapanese, Taiwanese, Chinese and Korean variety shows

SUBBED
$18/month

*available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Mongolia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt and Jordan.
GMMTVThai

SUBBED/UNSUBBED
Free
KocowaKorean

SUBBED
Free streaming
Daily subscription $0.99; monthly $6.99; and annual $69.99

*available only in North and South America
KBS World TVKorean

SUBBED
Free
Asian CrushJapanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese

SUBBED
$4.99
AmazonPrimeJapanese

SUBBED
$99 per year (or about $8.25 per month)

*available worldwide (except for Mainland China, Iran, North Korea, and Syria).
Popcorn FlixJapanese, Korean, Chinese (mostly films)

SUBBED
Free

*currently available in the USA and Canada only.
TubiChinese, Korean

SUBBED
Free

*some content might be geoblocked except for the USA
TVerJapanese

UNSUBBED
Free

*available in Japan only
meWATCHChinese, Korean

SUBBED
Free (most of the content?)
$9.90 per month (Prime content)
V LIVEKorean

SUBBED
Free
Naver TVKorean

UNSUBBED
Free
dTVJapanese

UNSUBBED
$5/month
MBCClassicKorean

UNSUBBED
Free
iFlixFilipino, Thai, Chinese, Korean

SUBBED
$2 to $3 a month

*available in:
Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Brunei, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Sudan, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Morocco and Uganda. 
tfc.tvFilipino

SUBBED
Check here.
YoYo TV Chinese

SUBBED/UNSUBBED
Free
OnDemandChinaChinese

UNSUBBED
Free
VidfishChinese

SUBBED
$3.33/month

iQiyi
Chinese

SUBBED
Google Play / Apple store Free

VIP privileges: $3+
Malimar TV
Thai

UNSUBBED

$11.99/month

View Subscription Plans

Korean Classic Film     

Korean

SUBBED
Free / maintained by the Korean Film Archive
WeTV
Chinese/Korean

SUBBED
$16 – $20 for 44–57 channels

*updating

There are also at least 3 free (but ad-supported) roku channels with subtitled Asian dramas and movies.  I think you can also stream on their websites and they have various apps and whatnot, but I have never tried anything but the roku channels.  I know for sure they are all available in the US, but I'm not sure about other places.  And there is an option to subscribe, too, but I don't know how much it costs.  I only use them occasionally, and I suffer through the ads :)

Asiancrush
TubiTV
Popcornflix

Those who have Amazon Prime also have access to some Asian movies and dramas.

MBC used to upload old dramas on their MBC Classic youtube channel.  Some are subtitled, some are not.

There's also TVer for Japanese dramas. It's legal (and free), but it can only be accessed from Japan, as far as I know.

zeamays:

There are also at least 3 free (but ad-supported) roku channels with subtitled Asian dramas and movies.  I think you can also stream on their websites and they have various apps and whatnot, but I have never tried anything but the roku channels.  I know for sure they are all available in the US, but I'm not sure about other places.  And there is an option to subscribe, too, but I don't know how much it costs.  I only use them occasionally, and I suffer through the ads :)

Asiancrush
TubiTV
Popcornflix

Those who have Amazon Prime also have access to some Asian movies and dramas.

MBC used to upload old dramas on their MBC Classic youtube channel.  Some are subtitled, some are not.

kura2ninja:

There's also TVer for Japanese dramas. It's legal (and free), but it can only be accessed from Japan, as far as I know.

Thanks! will add them to the list :)

Nice list.  But It should be mentioned that  what's available to you on Viki, Netflix and dramafever will depend where you are. Correct me if I'm wrong, There is also stuff you can watch for free  on Viki, and Dramafever. But you will be subjected to ads.

Viki also has stuff from the Philippines. Well I watched Darna from there years ago. But maybe it's changed now.

There is also mediacorp from singapore. 

this is a list of all mediacorp websites.

https://www.mediacorp.sg/en/other-mediacorp-websites-5945628

the best one to go to is probably toggle

https://www.toggle.sg/en.

free and premium options.

if you hit the video menu, it  will being up a number of submenus. Among those are MOVIES> DRAMA> TOGGLE ORIGINALS>SHORTS, and others.

Any of the movies I tried were unavailable to me. (i live in ireland)

I know at least some of the toggle originals are. 

If you hit the drama section. You will get

English Drama. ie the actors speak english. No it's not dubbed. Any ones I tried I could watch.

chinese drama. Any i tried were not available to me.

Malay Drama. Some available. click on the gear thing beside the musical note thing for english subs. I don't know if english subs are available for everything.

tamil drama.

None of the dramas I tried were available to me.

hmm.  I don't know if this a legal channel or not.

some youtube channels

Chinese drama. (not sure if legal or not)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3UUwfyntghfisq02q5v2tw/playlists

Seems to be legal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrR1ynvdUJ_zSXWQCE5TK8A/playlists

^ I added Toggle, you're right, the registration is selective but I can't find which countries/territories fall under that category.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

vlive.tv/home

Is a free legal website. They sub Naver TV Cast web dramas.

Also, is this list for subbed or unsubbed content?

^ Added, thanks! Both, but haven't yet added which is which

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Then Naver TV Cast should be added: http://tv.naver.com/ It is free but unsubbed.

Also, dTV is a legal J-drama streaming website. Unfortunately, it is only available in Japan (Not sure though) with no subs, but good for people who know Japanese. https://pc.video.dmkt-sp.jp/ Costs 500 yen ($5) per month.

Ceki:

^ I added Toggle, you're right, the registration is selective but I can't find which countries/territories fall under that category.

okay. So I guess you only mention specific Asian countries.

I didn't know Toggle had Korean stuff.

Some stuff on dramafever is avaiilable in ireland.

Are you including Ireland In UK? Please don't. We can be pretty sensitive about that kind of stuff over here. :)

Hessa:

Then Naver TV Cast should be added: http://tv.naver.com/ It is free but unsubbed.

Also, dTV is a legal J-drama streaming website. Unfortunately, it is only available in Japan (Not sure though) with no subs, but good for people who know Japanese. https://pc.video.dmkt-sp.jp/ Costs 500 yen ($5) per month.

will add now!

irish:

okay. So I guess you only mention specific Asian countries.

I didn't know Toggle had Korean stuff.

Some stuff on dramafever is avaiilable in ireland.

Are you including Ireland In UK? Please don't. We can be pretty sensitive about that kind of stuff over here. :)

Hahaha I didn't know that some dramas on DF were available in Ireland, I'll add it :) :D

I'm French and I used sometimes Animé Ultime. There I watch animé and drama subtitles in French. Is it legal or not?

Doragaminato:

I'm French and I used sometimes Animé Ultime. There I watch animé and drama subtitles in French. Is it legal or not?

I don't think it's legal.

Ceki:

I don't think it's legal.

Oh thanks for your answer. I'll stop watching there ^^