Where can I get recommendations for indian stuffs?

Thanks.

What kind of movies and genres u like?  These are some good indian movies which became super popular

Aashiqui 2

3 idiots

Ek villain

Yeh jawani hai deewani

Andaz apna apna

Chennai express

Marfi09:

Thanks.

Don't waste your time with tv series.

Watch web-series if you want. 

Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (The Brave Man Takes the Bride Home) - rom com starring Sha Ruk Khan and Kajol

Namastey London - rom com starring Katrina Kaif and Akshay Kumar

If you want something darker, i’ve seen a few movies based on Shakespeare

Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak- this is based on romeo and juliet. This is an old movie from 1985 with Amir Khan and Juhi Chawla

Omkara - based on Othello starring Ajay Devgan and Kareena Kapoor. I like the sound track in this one. 

Dangal - starring amir khan

PK - starring amir khan   

Secret Superstar - Starring Amir khan

I think Amir Khan is like Andy Lau of India and my fav.

Anything with Shahrukh Khan in before the year 2015 is a classic! After all he is the king of bollywood <3

sjamili:

Anything with Shahrukh Khan in before the year 2015 is a classic! After all he is the king of bollywood <3

OOh I didn't know that any other recent bollywood  movies that has english subtitles that you could recommend

Marfi09:

Thanks.

Alright, I know about movies.

0. Swades (I love this film. Cannot rank it.)

This list is random. These are simply my recommendations. Just wrote them as I remembered.

1. Wake Up Sid

2. Lust Stories

3. Black Friday

4.  3 Idiots 

5. Rang De Basanti

6. Raazi

7. Gangs of Wasseypur Saga

8. Omkara

9. Haider

10.  Dil Chahta Hai

11. Kahani

12. Bajirao Mastani

13.  96

15. A Wednesday

16. Devdas

17. Airlift (Try Akshay Kumar's new roles)

18. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag

19. Jolly LLB

20. English Vinglish

21. Talaash

22. Taare Zameen Par

23. Bhool Bhulaiyya

24.  Udaan

25. Ghazi Attack

26.  The Japanese Wife

27.  Stanley Ka Dabba

28.  Chak De India

29. Dangal

30. Trapped.

If you're looking for romance, my personal favourites are Jab We Met*, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, and Jodhaa Akbhar*

If you want more action, Bang Bang, Ek Tha Tiger, Dhoom 2, Agneepath, or Bodyguard* might be more what you're looking for.

* These are available on netflix in certain countries.

Some amazing films from Indian Cinema:

- Massan, drama/romance - a touching, sometimes heartbreaking, look into the lives of four people dealing with their own personal struggles. 4/5 stars

- Highway, crime/drama/romance - about a criminal who falls in love with his hostage. Stars one of my all time favourite Indian actors and my beloved, Randeep Hooda.  3.5/5 stars

- Haider, political thriller/drama/romance - A young man on a quest for revenge gets caught up in the ongoing tensions between India & Pakistan in Kashmir. 3.5/5 stars

- Titli, drama - birds eye view into the everyday struggles of Indian life. 3/5 stars

- Airlift, drama/suspense/thriller - about an Indian business man who orchestrated the spectacular rescue of thousands of Indians stranded in Kuwait during the first Iraqi-Kuwaiti war. 3/5 stars

- Rang Rasiya, period drama/romance - about a famous Indian poet & his muse. My love, Randeep Hooda, is a vision in this role! 3/5 stars

Basjirao Bastani, romance - about the epic romance of an Hindu prince, later to be king, who falls into forbidden love with a Muslim princess. 2.5/5 stars

- Gangs of Wasseypour pt I & II, crime/gangster - If you like movies like The Godfather series, this would be its Indian version. Pt 1 is a little better than part 2, but still worth the watch! 3.5/5 & 3/5 stars respectively

Marfi09:

Thanks.

• PK
  • 3 Idiots
  • Golmaal
  • Welcome
  • Hera-Pheri
  • Ye jawani hai deewani
  • Ram Leela                          

there are many good Indian movies. Indian Drama usually are very lengthy like 500-1000 episodes even more than that. You can download the app of the particular channel and watch them. 

Some not indian movies have more drama than any indian one can only dream about :D This one for example http://favoritetv.me/cw/arrow/  Also if you can't find the tv show folks here have already recommended, you can order it there.

Most of my faves are from the middle of last century. Pyaasa (1957) is my favourite movie, from anywhere and anywhen. Others I adore include Naya Daur (1957) Waqt (1965), Teesri Kasam (1967) Brahmachari (1968) and coming forward a few decades, 

Jab We Met

Wake Up Sid

Page 3

Mr & Mrs Iyer

Earth:1947

Kannathil Muthamittal,  (Tamil)

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na

Dor

Adaminte Makan Abu,  (Malayalam)

Chak De India, 

Lagaan

Mere Brother ki Dulhan, 

Shubho Mahurat  (Bangla)

Aamaar Bhuvan  (Bangla)

Firaaq(!!!)

Ramchand Pakistani

Kahaani

MunnaBhai MBBS

The Lunchbox

I Am Kalam

Patang

Maqbool  (Macbeth)

Omkara (Othello)

Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro

Aaja Nachle

Andaz Apna Apna (hated 1st time, loved it later when I understood more of the language & the references) 

Dabangg

Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Jungle Book  (2016: The Hind dub - the voice casting SO GREAT I've never watched the English)

Luck By Chance

Being Cyrus

Bunty aur Babli

The Blue Umbrella

Delhi-6

English Vinglish

Kandukondain Kandukondain (Tamil)

Raincoat

Rang de Basanti

Chashme Buddoor (1981)