raani:

There is another Pakistani show...kinda old but the guy is super obsessed and eventually kidnaps her for marriage. As in Khaani, H is the main lead and the antagonist...I'm not sure about subs though. It's called Tair-e-Lahoti...btw I'm into the same trope! Watched plenty of shows with the same kinda H! Would you want to try a Turkish show?

Thanks for the rec, but I don't think it's in English. I've never fully completed a Turkish show because I find many of them to have too many side character storylines that I don't care about. All that bloat kind of drags the whole show down. Also, many seem to have bad endings due to actors/actresses leaving the show, etc.

Is there any that fit this thread with a more focused plot? Thanks! 

Jess4163:

Thanks for the rec, but I don't think it's in English. I've never fully completed a Turkish show because I find many of them to have too many side character storylines that I don't care about. All that bloat kind of drags the whole show down. Also, many seem to have bad endings due to actors/actresses leaving the show, etc.

Is there any that fit this thread with a more focused plot? Thanks! 

Oh damn...it was a nice show...anyhow! I agree but do try Hercai, H is the main lead and is using her for revenge but falls for her...hard....kidnaps her multiple times, is in constant physical and emotional agony if h is away,  stalks her relentlessly, does NOT take no for an answer no matter how she says it.......all in all absolutely consumed by his love for her! One of the most insanely obsessed Hs I've ever seen...and I watch these kinda shows alooot!  The plot is annoying at times but do give it a try...just watch their scenes!

Hmm....sealed with a kiss, you seen it? H is the villain and the Hero...has forced h to be his mistress (don't be put off by this, the plot is intricate).....The guy is one sexy villain though!

you can try a Turkish drama kara sevda ...the main villain is obsessed with the FML and does everything to make her his, he even married her by blackmailing  and the ML is also helplessly loves the FML

@raani 

Thanks for recommending Hercai. It's been recommended numerous times and I have it on my "to watch" list. I'm just hesitant on starting a Turkish series because I prefer to watch ones where I don't need to FF through too many side plots. If almost half the drama is overloaded with inane side plots, that kind of lowers the overall quality of the series.

Is the male lead in Hercai pretty much the most powerful person and pretty much in control of his own fate? Or is he controlled by someone else? I hate series where the male lead is weak (always out of the loop, etc.) or controlled by an annoying character or enemy that makes you want to pull your hair out.

And yes, I've watched parts of "Sealed with a kiss" and know of the web novel as well. I just don't like how the ML pushes the FL away since I hate noble idiocy. Also, the actress playing the FL was terrible and it's especially apparent when her counterpart, Hawick Lau, was so charismatic. 

Since I can speak/read Mandarin Chinese, I've grown up watching Cdramas even before Kdramas. Nowadays, the most intense/obsessive love stories are in web novels, many of which, will never be adapted properly into a TV series due to censorship. If the male lead's too cruel, he'll either be neutered or given a bad ending, thus butchering the original novel.

Even though web novels are growing in popularity, the most intense ones are never translated due to length and un-pc content. The ones translated are always the short/sweet ones, never the most intense/extreme ones. Which is a shame, because Chinese web novels are full of extreme/dark obsessive romance. Ones where the ML's actions include:

Purposely trying to impregnate the heroine so they can use the baby to trap her into staying with them; killing anyone who may be in the way of said heroine; physically hurting themselves to guilt-trip the heroine; imprisoning the heroine and chaining her up so she can't ever leave; using drugs to control the heroine and keeping her by their side; paralyzing the heroine so she can't leave him; kidnapping and erasing the heroine's memories (they were keeping her from agreeing to be with the him); wanting to formulate a drug that will prevent the heroine from ever leaving him.

Yeah, so many crazy/un-pc plots with villainous males leads in web novels since they're much less restricted...

I'm currently watching Madhubala and am about to drop it because of the female lead. Arrggh, I cannot stand her anymore!!! She is so pathetic and spineless: After being used and abused brutally by the male lead, she continues to melt at his every touch and gives in to him almost every time. One minute, she stands up to him and the next, she's putty in his hands. 

Spoiler: The male lead, a big movie star, initially rams into someone and the female lead witnessed the whole incident. She wants him to be punished and he ends up going to jail for 4 days. This enraged him and he sought revenge by ruining the FL's engagement, her sister's career prospects, and was responsible for her adopted dad ending up in a coma. The FL lead retaliated by giving him 4 deserved slaps in front of his filming crew. This enraged him further and prompted a months long campaign to destroy the FL. He forced her to marry him and after the initial brutal treatment, he pretends to fall hard for her in order to make her fall for him. After the FL falls hard for him and despite all the happiness she brought into his life: Helping him reconcile with his mother and weaning him off his alcohol addiction, he still goes through with his initial revenge with no mercy. At this point, the "fake love" is actually real for him, but he won't admit it. 

He arranges a formal marriage ceremony for himself and the heroine since the first one was not complete and on the altar, he viciously reveals everything to be a lie and that she's not worthy of him. He announces their love game has ended and leaves her on the altar. Basically, he succeeded in breaking her and shattering her heart into a million pieces. At this point, the writing needs to be really good in order to make their love story work. The heroine needs to move on/focus on other aspects of her life and the hero needs to go through major and I mean MAJOR pains/suffering before getting her back. But of course, proper payoff is not given. The heroine is too weak/pathetic and the hero doesn't suffer remotely enough.

I honestly thought that after the huge betrayal, I was going to enjoy some major groveling/male lead suffering that's "New Tales of Gisaeng" level. But unfortunately, the female lead is not even in the same league as the one from that drama when it comes to backbone. She doesn't have one at all and even admits to the male lead that she still thinks of him and loves only him as soon as he corners her. Hell, he even got her to answer questions that he has no right asking since they have no relationship: There's another guy called Sultan hanging around her and he got her to admit that there's nothing going on btw them even though that's none of his business.

The best parts of this drama was when the secondary guy, Sultan, comes in and develops a natural friendship with the female lead, triggering jealously/insecurity in the male lead. But alas, that tension doesn't last long because the female lead gives in too easily. Literally, all he needs to do is put his hands on her and she softens because of how lovesick she is with him. Wow, if I knew how spineless she'd be, I never would have started this series.

It's a shame because the actual drama is pretty good. Although it does drag out scenes unnecessarily, the main focus remains on the love story and it's executed well. The actress for the female lead is wonderful too and very natural; I just can't tolerate her character later on.

The male lead is hot and good at being arrogant/dramatic and tender. But he lacks a certain subtlety in his acting and is sometimes stiff. Definitely not the best actor, but good enough. I actually prefer the actor who plays Sultan and think he's no less hot than the ML and emotes better through his eyes. Despite playing a cold character, his eyes can speak volumes. I also think he shares good chemistry with the FL. Too bad, I heard the writers ruin his character later on in order to justify the main leads' love story. Because the way it's going now, the FL's definitely better off getting together with him rather than the ticking time bomb ML. I'm definitely not sticking around to witness his character assassination just for the sake of making the main leads look good.

Jess4163:

@raani 

Thanks for recommending Hercai. It's been recommended numerous times and I have it on my "to watch" list. I'm just hesitant on starting a Turkish series because I prefer to watch ones where I don't need to FF through too many side plots. If almost half the drama is overloaded with inane side plots, that kind of lowers the overall quality of the series.

Is the male lead in Hercai pretty much the most powerful person and pretty much in control of his own fate? Or is he controlled by someone else? I hate series where the male lead is weak (always out of the loop, etc.) or controlled by an annoying character or enemy that makes you want to pull your hair out.

He is extremely powerful and resourceful....He has the means to get married to her and kidnap her from his -enemies' doorstep several times! Just skip the other parts...that's what I do...one episode is 2.5 hours...you kinda have to really!

Girl, initially he's hell-bent on revenge because of his grandma, ho is the main villain, but when he falls....which is pretty much, at first sight, he falls hard! He goes against his own plans, her family, his family, the h herself to get to her! Like I legit thought after she ended things with him calmly he would back off like other Hs, but he was at her door the next morning! H does not take no for an answer.....the plot may get annoying but everyone including both their families realizes his extreme love and longing for her.

He lets her shoot him in the chest and is happy she's there when he wakes up...if that aint crazy love I dunno what is!

Oh by the way Madhubala gets even weirder, H treats her like a doormat misunderstands and insults her every few episodes. She has no self-respect at all!! 

keerthika:

you can try a Turkish drama kara sevda ...the main villain is obsessed with the FML and does everything to make her his, he even married her by blackmailing  and the ML is also helplessly loves the FML

Thanks, I do have Kara Sevda on my "to watch" list. How's the drama overall? Is it mainly focused on the love triangle or is half the drama full of side plots? Also, is the main villain powerful and in control of his own fate?

happy ending?

where to watch it with eng sub?

Lustdrama:

happy ending?

where to watch it with eng sub?

It you're talking about Khanni, it's on Netflix. And no, it's not a happy ending since the leads don't get together. I only watched the first 21 episodes since that's the romance portion of this series. The later 10 episodes is focused on the ML's repentance for all of his wrongdoings and not romantic at all.

oh!

if you're looking for a drama where u can feel the couple is goals and like real lovers  watch kluen cheewit its sooo f good

and 1%of anything

would u recommend me some dramas even Tanzanian dramas with possessive ML as long the leads end together? thqt u ve watched

raani:

Oh by the way Madhubala gets even weirder, H treats her like a doormat misunderstands and insults her every few episodes. She has no self-respect at all!! 

Oh god, I certainly have enough of her! Her mother's right: She has no self-respect as a woman. I don't know why she bothers trying to play games with the ML since she stands no chance and will always give into him. I can tell right now she's attempting to take revenge on him, but I know she'll fail because she's too weak/lovesick, lol. I heard that he finds out about her supposed "revenge," gets hurt, and she even BEGS/pleads to HIM (MAJOR facepalm there)! Even if she were to take revenge, it's no less than what he deserves, so why should SHE be sorry? My god, what a wimp!!! I seriously want to slap her silly...

Hopefully, Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan's FL has much more backbone. But I don't think you can get any worse than Madhu since she's literally the bottom of the barrel, lol. Probably wins the Oscar when it comes to "doormat."

God, I wish Viki still had Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, since I do like the actress who plays Madhu and heard her character in here has lots of backbone and is very fierce.

I also really want to see Bairi Piya, but can no longer find it subtitled. Darn, I want to reverse the clock to a few years ago when it could still be found all subtitled...it has everything I want and I find the actor who plays the ML to be really talented/attractive and the FL never gives in and fights him the whole way until he actually really proves his affection.

Lustdrama:

oh!

if you're looking for a drama where u can feel the couple is goals and like real lovers  watch kluen cheewit its sooo f good

and 1%of anything

would u recommend me some dramas even Tanzanian dramas with possessive ML as long the leads end together? thqt u ve watched

Thanks, but Kluen Cheewit's a Thai drama and although it's certainly a good drama, he doesn't fully commit to the FL until the truth is revealed. I wouldn't really consider him obsessively in love with her (more obsessed with trying to make her suffer) as he's too much in denial of his feelings for pretty much the whole drama. 

Nowadays, I'm pretty sick of all Eastern Asian dramas as I've watched the best ones and the new ones don't match up in terms of writing/script.

raani:
Girl, initially he's hell-bent on revenge because of his grandma, ho is the main villain, but when he falls....which is pretty much, at first sight, he falls hard! He goes against his own plans, her family, his family, the h herself to get to her! Like I legit thought after she ended things with him calmly he would back off like other Hs, but he was at her door the next morning! H does not take no for an answer.....the plot may get annoying but everyone including both their families realizes his extreme love and longing for her.

I hope the evil grandma doesn't have too much power over him. I hate one dimensional evil people having too much power. That drives me nuts!!! The hero sounds exactly like the type I like: Extremely powerful and pretty much answers to no one and his only real weakness is the heroine. I hope he stays powerful.