I am. To be precise, I'm a re-doer. I rewatch films and dramas I liked at least twice, always, I rewatch scenes, re-read books (I think I've read Persuasion by Jane Austen 7 times now); I revisit places where I've been happy, linger on benches I sat on and watch people go by. Like the famous chapter of Un amour de Swann where the main character tries to recall the emotion he felt the first time he ate a madeleine. In a word: I'm a sentimental.
I fell in love with my husband multiple times. The last, a couple of days ago. I watched him with the eyes of the Rita I was a couple of years ago and my heart skipped the proverbial beat.

On the other hand, many of my friends are the complete opposite. They like to move on to always new things and prefer not to go back on the known paths, ever.
What type are you?
Are there dramas you've watched more than once? If so, did they disappoint you the second time around?

:)
I am a re-watcher for sure, although I tend to love 'the new', when I see something new which reminds me of a favourite 'past', I have the irresistible urge to go back and revisit the 'old'. I am never disappointed.

I actually like remakes for that very reason - it sparks my interest to see the original again, and 9 times out of 10 I prefer the original, and get the same 'sparks' when watching, despite having seen it 2 or 3 times already.
Good thread Amrita ;)

I think I am the second type:
wrote: They like to move on to always new things and prefer not to go back on the known paths, ever.

I only rewatched a single asian drama: Jewel in the palace, because it was on tv and there was nothing better to watch on tv. And Doctor Who.. no matter how many times I've seen a season, I still enjoy every second of it.
But that's all. I don't like to look back and think too much at memories. I'm not melancholic, I always move on. I don't know why but I have the impression that I don't have enough time for me, others, learning or for dramas/ movies. So looking back/ rewatching is equal for me with wasting my time.
I'm a crazy-crazy rewatcher!!!
Favourite dramas more than 3 times for sure! Have watched Hana Yori Dango (1 and 2), Nobuta wo Produce more than 4 times...
You're Beautiful 3 times... While watching Secret Garden, I rewatched the first episodes while waiting for the new ones...
Movies...even worse... and this time I'm talking not only about asian ones... favourite is favourite... countless times...
Also a rereader :P
I'm also a re-watcher, re-reader and so on, and I find that everytime I 're-do' a book or a movie I something new about it, partly because when I read something for a first time I'm totally hooked on main storyline and don't have time to appreciate the details. There are stories, that are made to be rewatched or reread because they have such a complex, multi-level plot with hidden connections inside.
I'm re-watcher and a re-reader as well (: I love rewatching shows/movies that I really enjoyed, even if it's just scenes from them. I also have reread a lot of my favorite books - whether it be once or twice or even 5 times. I tend to rewatch dramas about a year or so later if I really liked them - I've rewatched both Hana Kimi and Hana Yori Dango at the beginning of summer and they didn't disappoint me - but then again I'd only seen a few dramas up until that point. I'm sure I'll rewatch them both again [being the first dramas I ever watched] but I still don't think they'll disappoint me (:
Elisabetta wrote: I'm also a re-watcher, re-reader and so on, and I find that everytime I 're-do' a book or a movie I something new about it, partly because when I read something for a first time I'm totally hooked on main storyline and don't have time to appreciate the details. There are stories, that are made to be rewatched or reread because they have such a complex, multi-level plot with hidden connections inside.

I'm like this too. I like to say that the first time I "swallow" books I like, instead of reading them. But details are what turn a good novel into a masterpiece. Same applies to dramas and movies. It's very true that some things are done to be revisited. :)
When I watched Secret Garden the first time, I got completely and fatally hooked to it, to the point I watched many episodes raw. But it's when I started translating the subs that I realized this wasn't only a nice drama with a gripping plot. It has a wonderfully subtle script. So I can say the second time I loved it even more than the first.
Hmmm....wow, I like that word. Re-doer. I am not simply a re-watcher. Now that you coined this description I would like to join you. I am definitely one to revisit things/places/moments where I've been happy; whether that be a place, a book, a movie and I have to include dramas. Love movies and like to collect them on DVD but my one rule is: Will I enjoy watching this movie again and again? If the answer is no, I don't make the purchase. I've read To Kill A Mockingbird 5 times...and that certainly isn't the only book I've re-read! And of course to rewatch/read/do I must LOVE IT. That is the only criteria because my "re-watch-o-meter" is entirely personal. It is never based on other's opinions. If I loved it, if it touched me, if it made me laugh or cry, if it made my heart feel happy and my brain feel pleasantly fuzzy...I'm all over that.

Coffee Prince is the first drama that comes to mind. I've watched it a lot. Kim Sam Soon - the same, along with City Hall and What's Up Fox and Now Love Shuffle (twice). I love the renewed feeling I get...The joy of again hearing the amazing line they spoke or watching an amazing scene that made my heart flip! Or watching that funny thing again and laughing all over again.

Sometimes when I hear people say "I'm not a re-watcher" it puzzles me. I think but...but...didn't you love it? And if you loved it...Don't you want to re-live it?

...great thread as always Rita...
Haha I re-watch and re-read all the time :p
jeanie65jh wrote: Hmmm....wow, I like that word. Re-doer. I am not simply a re-watcher. Now that you coined this description I would like to join you. I am definitely one to revisit things/places/moments where I've been happy; whether that be a place, a book, a movie and I have to include dramas. Love movies and like to collect them on DVD but my one rule is: Will I enjoy watching this movie again and again? If the answer is no, I don't make the purchase. I've read To Kill A Mockingbird 5 times...and that certainly isn't the only book I've re-read! And of course to rewatch/read/do I must LOVE IT. That is the only criteria because my "re-watch-o-meter" is entirely personal. It is never based on other's opinions. If I loved it, if it touched me, if it made me laugh or cry, if it made my heart feel happy and my brain feel pleasantly fuzzy...I'm all over that.

Coffee Prince is the first drama that comes to mind. I've watched it a lot. Kim Sam Soon - the same, along with City Hall and What's Up Fox and Now Love Shuffle (twice). I love the renewed feeling I get...The joy of again hearing the amazing line they spoke or watching an amazing scene that made my heart flip! Or watching that funny thing again and laughing all over again.

Sometimes when I hear people say "I'm not a re-watcher" it puzzles me. I think but...but...didn't you love it? And if you loved it...Don't you want to re-live it?

...great thread as always Rita...

Thank you everyone for your great relpies! :D
And since Jeanie broke the ice... I have the same reaction when I hear people say they don't re-watch. Of course I respect that, nor am I going to discuss what attitude is the best in general terms. But it surprises me too. You very rightly say your criterium is love. Could you imagine having a crush on a guy and not wanting to see him again? ;)
im actually not rewatching by myself but accidentally rewatched it besides my watchmates who are currently watching a film or drama
I am a Declared Re-Watcher lol. I love coming back to shows or scenes but never too often. Just when I feel like I am in the mood for that particular feel which I know a particular drama evokes, if that makes sense.
I am definitely NOT a rewatcher. I thrive on thrill of not knowing what's going to happen so once that's taken away I'm just not as interested. What makes it worse with asian dramas is that they have so many flashbacks during the shows that I feel like I've seen the show 3 times before it ends. Although they never show flashbacks of funny parts. Maybe that's why the only asian drama that I've watched more than once is Hana Kimi because it's so hilarious.

I do get sentimental sometimes, but just reflecting on a show, looking at pics/gifs, maybe hearing some of the soundtrack is good enough for me.

Then again I am working on SLOWLY re-watching some shows by every once in a blue moon watching 1 ep of a show I've already seen and then eventually I will have rewatched it.

But for the most part I'm like, "Why re-watch when something new is calling out to me?"
I forgot to say that I have a really good memory so most of the time I remember literally everything that has happened. That doesn't help with rewatching.
bokami wrote: im actually not rewatching by myself but accidentally rewatched it besides my watchmates who are currently watching a film or drama

Yeah if one of my friends wanted to watch something then I could probably re-watch it with them, but not own my own (for the most part). Too bad I can't get anyone around me to watch Asian dramas. =(