I don't know why, but I'm one of the fujoshi in the US. The fact that the sensor so many TV shows and movies, it's really irritating. Just in NYC (where I live), they recognize 31 different genders so why is China (who am I freaking love dramas from) is being so conservative? The same goes for Korean dramas... Please, be more open. You have a global audience that expects more open minded from you.  

You need to look at the fact China and the U.S are 2 completely different cultures. Comparing them is like trying to compare apples and cars..just not gonna happen and no they do not have a global audience. We gave them the global audience by subbing the shows that come from there and other countries. We are the ones that need to understand their culture and enjoy it. It may seem annoying but only because it is something we are not used having to deal with. We need to respect their culture and not expect them to become something to fit what we think is needed in a t.v show movie etc. 

I love their culture, it is beautiful and rich, it may not be up to what everyone thinks or wants but they are changing in views of t.v and such slowly...just give it sometime :o)

@SweetBabyBrat I totally agree with you. Yea I don't like how strict China is with their censoring of tv shows but I have to respect that it's their decision. Hopefully they change their ways in the near future but until I will enjoy the shows they continue to produce.

ShotaSidePart , I want to believe that through seeing the response of other countries close to them opening to the possibilities of what foreign audiences can bring, they will see it could benefit the country itself not just the t.v station, actor/actress, writers etc. I think eventually even if not as fast as some expect they may realize that some, when planning the next vacation might go there as their favorite movie or drama was from there and they loved the places they seen.  It is a great way for any country to boost tourism. I know I myself would rather visit a country with a deep rich history and culture then sit on a beach somewhere that I can see anytime. lol  :o)

China is conservative the government even the people (the government much more than the young people). I taught college students there was a student who I kind of suspect was a lesbian and no one would sit next to her. I basically had to force them to sit next to her if someone wont even sit next to a lesbian in class do you think this behavior would be considered open. 

China does not make shows for a global audience they do not care about what you think about them being conservative. Even if the producers think it's okay to be gay / trans they have no control over what gets censored. They have a huge domestic market so the reality is you don't matter.  If you say things like this in China well the argument is that it's made for the domestic Chinese market so if you complain then it's only for Chinese people (PRC Chinese). 

I understand your point of view Shepard. I was just venting about my wishful thinking. Hopefully one day they will see how many international fans they have toward their drama. 

China, as well as all other countries and cultures, will eventually recognize LGBT and extended gender humans. The change is both inevitable and inexorable. We only need to understand that change happens on their timetable, not ours. Even if we don't live long enough to see other countries and cultures adapt to science and changing social values, have confidence that there is nothing they can do to stop it.

Well said Olive4213 <3

As far as censorship goes, China has one of the stricktest bylaws on radio/tv programming, probably behind dictatorship countries like N.Korea. 

All there dramas shown on TV and even those webdramas that is uploaded online needs to be approved or regulated by the government through SAPPRFT (State Admission of Press, Publication, Radio, Film, Television) now through NRTA (National Radio and Television administration) -- before seeing the light of day. That is why so many produced dramas has about atleast  a year or more, and in some cases doesnt even get aired when the goverment assumes/alledges its "bad influence" or give off a bad image of China. 

So just to sound off from comments above, this governing body doesn't really care about global audience, they are more invested in censorship in contents they deemmed in appropriate, bad influence, well among other things.  

Source: China Censorship | SAPPRFT 1 | SAPPRFT 2 | NRTA