veralyda wrote: Born in Pakistan.
Raised in Canada.
Live in the US.

:D Yay for diversity!

hahaha ... :)

born in Pakistan
Raised in Saudi Arabia :P
Live in Canada :>

hahaha ... where do u used to live in CA Mary ?
Amelissa92 wrote: hahaha ... :)

born in Pakistan
Raised in Saudi Arabia :P
Live in Canada :>

hahaha ... where do u used to live in CA Mary ?

For a long time in Saskatchewan, then we lived for a short while in Ontario. Personally I prefer Saskatchewan cause Ontario is not that great a place to live.

We truly are brown sisters!
i wonder how it is over there... i hear a lot about it ... i like Mississauga better.... for some reason it has more peace, forests and i like to live there haha ...

INDEED WE ARE "dance
Before you could get to the wonderful landscape and nature you'll be bombarded with all these little desi towns filled with Pakistanis, Indians, Bengalis, etc. There are sooooo many of them living there that it's like a little Pakistan. I know some people that live there and they've told me stories about how their kids will go to school and some other kids in the neighbourhood who have no idea how to speak English will just speak in Punjabi with the teacher, who has no idea what they are saying.

I mean in some ways it's good, but for raising kids it's a horrible environment. Cause once they get older and leave the town, they'll be suddenly exposed to a life without Pakistanis at every turn. And there are some very bad influences in that neighborhood as well. It's hard for me to appreciate the beauty when I know the reality going on.

Also, :dance:~
Dojemi10 VIPCommunity Manager
4* 23' - 21* N latitude / 116* - 127* S longitude
Are you sure your longitude figures are correct?
USA. Born and raised in New York City (the Bronx to be specific. Yes, New York City is more than just Manhattan. *sigh* Damn that borough, hogging all of the attention.)
Jade_Chan wrote: Before you could get to the wonderful landscape and nature you'll be bombarded with all these little desi towns filled with Pakistanis, Indians, Bengalis, etc. There are sooooo many of them living there that it's like a little Pakistan. I know some people that live there and they've told me stories about how their kids will go to school and some other kids in the neighbourhood who have no idea how to speak English will just speak in Punjabi with the teacher, who has no idea what they are saying.

I mean in some ways it's good, but for raising kids it's a horrible environment. Cause once they get older and leave the town, they'll be suddenly exposed to a life without Pakistanis at every turn. And there are some very bad influences in that neighborhood as well. It's hard for me to appreciate the beauty when I know the reality going on.

Also, :dance:~

are you serious ??WOW ... i wonder if they are moving there because they can sponsor their family in a yr :P i know some ppl who moved their because of that... this is quiet funny ... its not i am against living in a pakistani community but i think it's better to b friends with others as well .. for example , if you are an immigrant who just moved from Pakistan. you go to school , make pakistani friends because you are comfortable talking to them but once you go to college or work in a place where there no browns than you are screwed.. :P it makes us more open minded about others .. and i think it helps makes a person more accepting
I'm a swede (I think that's super funny)
Well... Yeah. Sweden.
sewoti wrote: I'm a swede (I think that's super funny)
Well... Yeah. Sweden.

I...I don't get it lol.
katoka wrote: I...I don't get it lol.

swede=that vegetable
Swede=person from Sweden

So... stupid joke :)
misskania wrote: USA. Born and raised in New York City (the Bronx to be specific. Yes, New York City is more than just Manhattan. *sigh* Damn that borough, hogging all of the attention.)

I'm from Long Island. Yes, New York is more than just the city. lol :P