2017 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL - as in same season same year you joined so f.e. Feb 2012 it has to be Dec, Jan, Feb 2012? 

Is there a simple site where we can see the dramas/movies from writers/directors? I don't know any of them and I don't believe they are listed on MDL? 
@StephStephieTeff Try Dramawiki or AsianWiki to see the work of writers and director :)
@werwiewowas95 That's how I interpreted it (I joined in Feb 2015 so I chose a Winter 2015 drama) but it's possible others just chose the season they joined without limiting themselves to the same year....
@ Dani oh god... how do I find a drama I want to watch within that frame haha
But I guess that would make sense. Thanks

Btw... does anyone know a movie which is 3 hour long? o.O 
So...that bonus item of "watch a daily drama (100+ episodes)" that I see has now been changed to "Watch a soap opera (Family/daily) drama (+100 episodes/30min or +50/1h)"....  Can that just be "watch a drama with 100+ episodes (or 50 hours total)"?  I was watching a sageuk of well over 100 (hour-long) eps and it wouldn't count!  Although now that it's been amended to include family/weekend dramas, I guess I could go back and pick up Sons of Sol Pharmacy House or Yoona's Street.  Or King's Daughter Soo Baek Hyang would count as a daily, wouldn't it?  Even though it's not a typical daily...Hmm.  I have too many things on hold, lol.

@werwiewowas95 What i did to find a drama that aired in the season I joined: I looked at the list of dramas that aired in that year, chose the ones I'd be potentially interested in watching, and then found one that was from the same timeframe (+ or - a month or two of when I joined).  So for me, I looked at the list of K-dramas that aired in 2014 from dramawiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Category:KDrama2014

And then I just went down the list until I found something I might be interested in watching that was close to my join date.  And actually I think I ended up choosing a movie, which makes my example moot, but still.  You can use the list of dramas by year on dramawiki :)  Of course, they have other countries too.
@werwiewowas95 I have a lot of titles in my PTW list so I sorted them by year and just went through the relevant year to find a title in the season I had joined~ Thankfully it didn't take too long! The suggestion from @zeamays is what I would have done if I didn't have such a long PTW list hahaha~ ;D

Here are some 3+ hour movies (I can recommend the first 3, but I haven't seen the others):
- Seven Samurai
- Kwaidan
- Chushingura
- The 47 Ronin (same story as Chushingura)
- The Human Condition (trilogy of 3 hour movies)
- Red Beard
- A Touch of Zen
- A Brighter Summer Day
- Eureka
- Love Exposure

@zeamays Same situation for me with that change from a daily drama to a soap opera...! I wanted to watch a daily Japanese drama, which will usually have 156 episodes, but each episode is only 15 minutes long. But at least Yoo Na's Street is on my PTW list and meets the criteria! ...or does it? It has 50 episodes at 60min each but it wasn't aired daily and doesn't have the "family" tag.... Ahh now I'm not sure. :( This entry seems to favour Korean family dramas and sitcoms now, since most Japanese and Chinese ones won't meet the criteria. The 50-episode Chinese dramas I might have chosen only have 45 minute episodes...
For the "soap opera" bonus task, I found a Taiwanese drama that fits the bill, in case anyone is looking for something non-Korean to watch!:
Better Man - http://mydramalist.com/18596-better-man
Hessa Volunteer Staff
"Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL - as in same season same year you joined so f.e. Feb 2012 it has to be Dec, Jan, Feb 2012?"
@werwiewowas95
I meant to write year. LOL! Please go with year instead of season.
Just started! I will try to knock out at least one Zombie movie this weekend! I love this challenge list.
Can some explain how to enter the random word into the predictive search? Do I put it in the title search or something else?
Hessa Volunteer Staff
You search using the word you got from the random word generator.
For example, I got "automobile", I typed it in the search, and I got "A Blue Automobile". So, I would watch it.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
We have our first user to finish the challenge. Congratulations to GeaV. You did great. Hopefully, next year we could make it harder and see if you could break your record.
If you decide to watch Rebel, Thief who stole the people.  It was (or is) directed by first time director, Jin Chang-gyoo.  You can add that under the subtitle 

Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before)

instead of 

Watch a drama/movie that aired this year
Hessa Volunteer Staff
KANO is a good 3-hours movie if you need a suggestion