2017 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
This is the discussion thread for the 2017 Watch Challenge. You can discuss whatever you want about the challenge but DON'T INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS.

This is the current staff list (In case you need it for the challenge):

Admins:
Forum Moderators:
Approval Moderators:
Editor in Chief:
  • Currently NONE
Editors:
Trailer Staff:

The staff page was updated, use this instead: http://mydramalist.com/staff

Question: can the challenge include dramas that we started before 2017 but finished within the challenge period or do they have to be started and finished within the challenge period? (This is my first challenge so I just wanna make sure I follow the rules correctly)
I have the same question as alexa.
You can't include dramas/movies you watched previously. All dramas/movies must be watched during the challenge period.
And that about the dramas, we are already in progress of watching (since they started before challenge started?)

---

Also I chosen Super Easy and it feels little funny as most other users decided on Hard and Extreme and I feel so noob XD
Good few people also chosen Easy and Super Easy, so I won't feel super bad about it - I do not have so much time to watch, but wanted to participate any way :D
Lorell - "Also I chosen Super Easy and it feels little funny as most other users decided on Hard and Extreme and I feel so noob XD"
Haha, don't worry about it, you can change your level as it goes on, so if you do complete that and then feel you can manage more, go for it, you might surprise yourself^^

Ready for challenge and going to be my sister :P  
January

@Sandra, sorry, you're on the wrong page

You want this one ---> 2017 Watch Challenge

Ooooooooor

This one ----> 2017 52 Week Drama Challenge
Hessa Volunteer Staff
This is the current staff list (In case you need it for the challenge):

Admins:
Forum Moderators:
Approval Moderators:
Editor in Chief:
  • Currently NONE
Editors:
Trailer Staff:
@Hessa Yay! Senpai noticed XD ❤
So the answer is in progress dramas do count as long as we finish in 2017?  I am assuming so, or it would make things very confusing.

And @Hessa, am I not a current editor?  I'm actually curious because no one's sent any articles my way for a couple of months...

@Lorell, I picked easy too :)  I don't watch dramas very quickly at all, and I watch too many things at once.  But movies will help the total, for sure.  I'll bump up the level if I actually exceed my goal.  I aim low, haha.
@Zeamays I was the same!! After we lost the editor in chief I stopped receiving emails, and I had to ask the other editors how they were still editing lol. I think we've lost several editors that way. I'll PM you
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@zeamays
Sorry. It was just a list I compiled, that is why some might be missing.
Edit: The issue has been fixed! Apparently the maximum word count includes HTML (so links & formatting elements also add to it) and that's likely where the issue was. The maximum word count has been increased so it's all good now! :)

Just a heads up, this challenge may be affected by a maximum character or maximum word count issue that seems to have cropped up. I noticed I wasn't able to submit an edit of my original post so I deleted it and posted a second version, with the thought that I'll just keep edits to a minimum (thinking that I had edited too many times). But with the new post, which I have edited much fewer times than the first post, I'm having the same issue after trying to add drama/movie titles to my list so I'm thinking it's past the maximum character count. I tried to shorten the descriptions from the form but it hasn't helped and I can't submit updates to my post... at least one other user had the same issue removed their original post. :/ Might want to advise entrants to split up the sign-in form into 2 posts to get around the issue...?
Thank You @RukuObsessed
If anyone needs ideas for the award-winning titles needed for the challenge, here are a few suggestions:
ASIAN MOVIES that have won international film festivals awards